1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4: ? moves

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by GLC, Oct 8, 2001.

1. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

I need move names and hit levels for the following:

Akira - b,db,b+P; b,f+P+K+G; df+P+K+G;

Aoi - u,b,d,f+P+G with b,db,d,df,f+K+G follow-up;

Jacky - f+P+K; f+P+K,P;

Pai - df+P,K; d+P+K; u+P+K;

Sarah - [FL] f+K+G;

Shun - d+P+K+G,P; d+P+K+G,P,P; TT P+K+G; TT P+K+G,P; TT P+K+G,P,P;

Vanessa - [AT] K,K; [AT] K,K,P; [AT] K,K,P,P; [AT] K,K,P,K; [AT] b,f+K; [AT] b,f+K,K;

<font color=orange>You now speak to GLC.</font color=orange>

2. VIVI

VIVI Active Member

Akira
    niboku d,d/b,b P
    soutoushou b, f G P K
    hougekishu d/f P K G
    gaimonchouchuu d/f P K G, P

Jacky
    step in body f P K
    chopping left combo f K P,P

3. Trigger

Trigger Active Member

Sarah[FL] : heel sword slash (f+k+G)
    Vanessa : stoping high kick (k,k) / stoping high combo(k,k,p) / smash out (k,k,p,p) / stoping knee bomber 2 (k,k,p,k)/ slicer high (b,f+k) / slicer hurricane (b,f+k,k)

Trigger/versus/images/icons/wink.gif

4. VIVI

VIVI Active Member

Venessa Muah Tai (sp) Style, (this is what the AM2 move list said, not attack stance)
    Stopping High Kick, [Muah Tai Style]KK
    Stopping High Combo, [MTS]KKP
    smash out(sp), [MTS]KKPP
    stopping Knee Bomber 2, [MTS] KKPK
    slicer high, [MTS] b,f K
    slicer hurricane, {MTS], b,f K,K

Aoi
    taibokukudaki u,b,d,f P G with b,db,d,df,f K G follow-up

Shun
    kasenjhougeki d P K G,P;
    kasenrenjhougeki d P K G,P,P;
    chisuiho TT P K G;
    kasenjhougeki TT P K G,P;
    kasenrenjhougeki TT P K G,P,P;

Pai
    soukasenbuukyaku df P,K;
    enseikatai d P K;
    enseikatai u P K;

5. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

LOL. who else were you expecting to answer?

Sarah - [FL] f+K+G = Heel Sword Slash.
    Hits = Medium
    Notes = It's a suped up variant of her Heel Seed/ Spin Heel Sword kick (ub+K+G) with longer range but slower execusion. Like its relative it can be followed with Toe Kick Punt Kick (d+P+K,K)
    Trivia = The "Heel Seed" is called the "Heel Sword" in Japan.
    Reference = Official VF4 site

Adio.

6. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

Names are great to have, thanks..

But how about descriptive names, in English, for the moves in Japanese? Like "ten foot toss" for Kage's "koenraku" and so on.

--
    "A chem bla deshembla blurr fuh bli fouzh"

7. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Um, thanks for your effort, but I needed ENGLISH names, not Japanese ones.

8. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

I need more descriptive names... "smash out" doesn't say anything about the contents of string - K,K,P,P as eg. kick-heelkick-punch-body blow would be a lot better.

9. Trigger

Trigger Active Member

Sorry. That is what i translated from the move lists written in Katagana. I 've never played vanessa so don't know how her moves look like. Anyway, all I can offer is a"name" as a official standard of what it should be called.

Trigger/versus/images/icons/wink.gif

10. VIVI

VIVI Active Member

You want us to make up English name for it ?

I don't think name is all that important, most people here will refer move by their command input anyway.

11. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

It's better to have a descriptive name like GLC suggests so that new players or players who aren't familar with the character being talked about can relate to the discussion easier. I'd like to see descriptive names because it will help me learn the game faster once I get my hands on one... I'll be able to relate what I see other players and the CPU doing (while using new characters I want to learn) to the right inputs in the FAQ quicker.

12. vfbum

vfbum Well-Known Member

For Jacky's f+P+K,P, the animation is as follows:

Jacky leans his torso to the side (or so it appears to my eye) and throws out a hook. The 'P' makes him throw out a bigger hook. This might have some dodging properties (anybody confirm?)

So I propose that they be called "dodging hook" and "big dodging hook". Comments? They look like uppercuts but don't float or even knockdown on MC so I don't want to call them uppercuts.

13. vfbum

vfbum Well-Known Member

re Pai's u+P+K and d+P+K, are these the moves where she ducks down and bends over (u her head is 'into' the screen, and d her head is 'out of' the screen)? Is this an attempt to trip a rushing opponent? If so, can we call them "trip attempt (into screen)" and "trip attempt (out of screen)"? If any of the answers to my three questions is "no" we might have to get creative to keep sophomoric jokes from making their way into the VF4 movelist.

14. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

I noticed that a lot of Pai players attemted that for okizeme...I think it's a parry for low rising attacks, but I could be grossly mistaken.

15. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

They're dodge reversals, i.e. if the opponent tries to dodge to the side they'll trip over her leg.

16. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

Some English names for Akira's moves

Ok from playing yesterday... here's what I would call Akira's "unknown" moves (they all hit mid btw):

d>b+P
    -- standing double palm (leg flop animation -- OTB combos possible)

b,f+P+K+G
    -- "power fist" (it's like that Stun Palm move that chap from Tobal No1 had... I know I'm being vague here...)

df+P+K+GP
    -- I call it "forward step-power elbow" this move has been seen many times in the Akira videos... The "forward step" part needs revision--I still haven't figured out what he's doing in that part... but in the videos it's the step and big elbow thingy that he throws out--note the elbow looks different from a dashing elbow, and different from the elbow of the DLC.

kbcat

17. BEM

BEM Member

I believe Pai's "dodge reversals" also counter circular sweeps. On two occasions I believe I saw the opponents circular sweep spin towards Pai's extended leg, slide up it, and then the opponent went into a recovery animation, similar to VF3's blocked sweep animations. Anyone confirm?

Also df P, K is Low Bluefist, Crescent (I think - same kick as K, P, K combo). K can be delayed, I believe.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by BEM on 10/15/01 11:52 AM (server time).</FONT></P>