1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 n00b Question

Discussion in 'Console' started by Krafty Matt, Jun 19, 2005.

1. Krafty Matt

Krafty Matt Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Matt_K
    XBL:
    KraftyMattKraft
    Got my ps2 through a sales contest at work. Picked up VF4Evo. Has a majority of the community moved onto VF4 FT? I really enjoy the game, and would hope to find people to play it with. I don't get to arcades much, so the only real time that I would have with the game in any rendition is the PS2 version. Am I just screwed with an old copy of VF4 Evo?

2. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Most western players still play Evo as FT isn't released here.

/KiwE

3. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

4. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Having evo at home is definitely a valuable investment especially if you're new to VF. The game comes with a comprehensive tutorial and provides enough training and challenge for new players and veterans alike.

I'd say 99% of what you learn in Evo can be carried over to FT as well.

Definitely hook up with some locals too if you get the chance. It'll help you improve by magnitudes compared to playing at home alone.

5. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Welcome to the board. Cool that you live in Riverside (so do I).

Haven't seen the Harlock name since playing with this guy. I'm guessing that he is not you.

About 6 or 7 of the SoCal players meet at Aracade Infinity on Thursday nights starting at around 9:30 pm. The attendance differs from week to week so you can pretty much play against all the locals over a month or two. I won't be there this week, but certainly next week and most other Thursdays.

Myke's right about Evo training helping with FT. I've been starting to do that again myself. Get yourself a Hori arcade stick of some sort and you'll be in great shape.

6. PhoenixDth

PhoenixDth Well-Known Member

team riverside?

7. Krafty Matt

Krafty Matt Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Matt_K
    XBL:
    KraftyMattKraft
    Technically, I live in Lake Elsinore. On most forums though, I just list Riverside because it's in the same county.

And I am the same Harlock. I lost my password for my original account and for the life of me I cannot remember it. I tried to retrieve the pass, but it won't send it to my email. Ah well.

I stopped playing VF when I got hired on with the Team Sportscast Network as a broadcaster covering Pro PC Gaming events like the nVidia World Tour and Cyber Athletic Professional events. I have my own show on Saturday nights (this is important, I assure you) called the Bridger and Harlock Show. One particular show, we had special guest Sirlin, from sirlin.net, to talk about 'playing to win'. While most (ok, all) of what we cover is PC gaming, Sirlin hails from the Fighting Game world. Talking with him reminded me of when Comtar and I would play with Plague and crew at his place.

Long story short... my day job was holding a sales contest for top salesman. We had a choice of an Xbox with 3 games, or a PS2 with 3 games. Choice of system was easy. Choice of games was easy. And here I am. Again.

8. PhoenixDth

PhoenixDth Well-Known Member

what jerky is trying to say is, you have access to 1 in 4 total setups of virtua fighter final tuned in all of north america (canada and mexico included) dont let the opportunity slide.

make team riverside /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif