1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 online?

Discussion in 'Console' started by Wolf56, Apr 14, 2002.

1. Wolf56

Wolf56 New Member

i heard some rumor that VF4 might be one of the ps2 online
    game anyone know if its true?

2. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

3. cka

cka Active Member

Not right now, but one can hope for an addon/upgrade/expansion disc when the HDD becomes available... /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

Pai~Chun likes this.
  4. Deniz

Deniz Well-Known Member

Better yet (for some of us anyway), the credible rumor of a 4.1 Xbox version might be validated. With the Xbox's built-in hard drive, all kinds of possibilities exist.

5. Harlock

Harlock Member

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Better yet (for some of us anyway), the credible rumor of a 4.1 Xbox version might be validated. With the Xbox's built-in hard drive, all kinds of possibilities exist.

<hr></blockquote>

VF4.1 was someones idea of a sick joke. It is not real. =( sorry.

6. Akirafan

Akirafan Member

If you go to Sega's website and look under VF4, you will see, sadly, that there is NO net support. I for one would like to see Sega develop some net support for VF gamers world wide to challenge each other online... I think that this is good way to boost the standard and longevity of the VF community.

7. Huggles

Huggles New Member

I have been waiting for an online fighter since my first multiplayer game. It would be simply incredible to finally play with a larger than life community and find out how good or bad you truly are. For now I can only hope that Sony's online services will be hugely successful so that my dream may become a reality.

8. sayow

sayow Well-Known Member

Any Fighter Online Would Be A Great Start

<font color=yellow>Any fighter online would be a great start. Even something as simple as Street Fighter II alpha would be a pretty cool start. But as was mentioned before, the game would probably suffer from signal delay and that would be a bad thing. Maybe in the future something will be done about that...

As for rumors about VF 4.1, </font color=yellow>read this </font color=red><font color=yellow>and </font color=yellow>this </font color=red><font color=yellow>and </font color=yellow>this </font color=red><font color=yellow>and </font color=yellow>this </font color=red><font color=yellow>and </font color=yellow>this (near bottom, 03/01/02) </font color=red><font color=yellow>and </font color=yellow>this.</font color=red><font color=yellow> Let the hornets' nest start buzzing, especially because of that Official Xbox Magazine site: that can't be a joke yo. That has me seriously wondering if Sega has been working both sides from the beginning since Xbox is supposedly easier to program and there is money to be made. And you might want to start saving those duckets now, too. Xbox is pretty sweet with or without VF4.1 yo. Heck, throw some more money into MS stock while you're at it! LOL Maybe online fighting isn't that far away after all...</font color=yellow>

9. furyhawk

furyhawk Active Member

If you play online games before, there bound to have lag. try to play King of Fighter using MAME online.

10. HalfLotus

HalfLotus Active Member

I can remember playing SF2 and MK3 on Xband for Super NES. Damn those were the days. The lag was horrible, but it rocked. Killer Instinct was really popular too. Any chance that AM2 embedded code for online play? PC games makers do that sometimes.

Pai~Chun likes this.