1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 Philly niggas..y'all out there?

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by RIZ, Mar 28, 2002.

1. RIZ

RIZ Well-Known Member

If any of you playas' are within the Philly area and close by 40th and Spruce, make sure you hed to University Pinball Arcade.

They've got a good VF4 machine with great sticks. Unfortunetly, hardly any players play, except for a few "here & there" scrubbs, which leaves me just handing their behinds to them or to really just to the players who work there and love talking trash until I put them on check.

Lately I haven't been there much, but Summer's around the way, that's when you'll see me most, and I'm mostly there on tournament days for Tekken 4.

So if any readers feel like heading there to play the few of us who are good comp, show up and holla here. We'll set something up.

-RIZ/versus/images/icons/cool.gif

2. RIZ

RIZ Well-Known Member

Just checking fo any replies.

3. Namflow

Namflow Well-Known Member

My brother and I live in south jersey and were there for the march madness VF4 tourney. We go to school in Rochester, but in a little more than a month we'll be home for the summer and we're planning to make it up there alot. I'll be sure to post again in regards to heading to UofP once I'm back home.

4. UnCauzi

UnCauzi Well-Known Member

j0 me and the destroyer from Delaware will be up for some hardcore action in about a month (or less.) I was up there in February I think and noone was worth the 45 minutes to drive there. Do folx play at home even there abouts? We'd love for some comp.

5. nxw0016

nxw0016 Well-Known Member

The only complaint I have about the VF4 in University Pinball is the button layout at 1P side, had to twist my right hand to fit those Guard Punch and Kick buttons.

Maybe we should have a NYC crew vs Philly crew team battle /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

6. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    My beef with the machine was the coin slots on the top. I think it was a Die Hard Arcade cabinet at one point. Only other machine I've seen with similiar setup.

Oh, and why are you instigating? /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

7. RIZ

RIZ Well-Known Member

Man, there's no real Crew. I'm pretty much the best one there that's a regular. I've been teaching my friends so that we could get a crew going, but only one of them's really progressing, but I'm still pretty good and hoping worth the time you've guys spent practicing.

Great to see that some guys are interested. Wait and what about the button set-ups? Isn't the lay out, G, P, K at every arcade? That's how I even set up my arcade stick at home. Hmm..

8. bfnh

bfnh Member

PSN:
    bfnh
    first time.

stopped through for the first time today. and, it's quite different to be back in an arcade again. i use wolf & jacky, and almost always have a baseball hat on, turned backwards so that i can make sure i have a clear view of everything in front of me.

there was an aoi/ sarah/ akira player there today, not bad, but their were gaps in his game.

my game completely suffered from being a hardcore home gamer. p+g were replaced by p+k on way too many occasions. and, switching between the two characters left me a bit off for crucial juggles.

ile be there throughout the summer and all, but, seriously, even at $2 over the course of an hour (not including gas & travel time), i just can't see myself playing in the arcade when i am so much better on the ps2 version (no, not due to competition, due to plain ol' human error) and it costs less.

ile keep checkin' the boards for posts on tournaments though.

9. RIZ

RIZ Well-Known Member

Re: first time.

It's okay. Give it time. You'll get into teh arcade scene again. I like console versions of everything, but I play most fighters on a stick so I don't lose my edge on arcade.

I like the arcade atmosphere better anyway. It feels "official". You own at your arcade? Then you're most likely really good! /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif I'm glad I could interest some of you into going there though, I just wanna meet some people and see where I could take my game.

Namflow are you one of those twins I saw at that vf4 march madness tourney?

10. nxw0016

nxw0016 Well-Known Member

The button layout:
    usually it is__ P K __ , but it is__ G P
    __________G ____________________K

Hope you understand my drawing. (ignore all the under lines)

11. ukie

ukie Member

University Pinball, eh? I usually go there weekdays after 5, but even then nobody's on the machine /versus/images/icons/frown.gif Ends up being me practicing Aoi most of the time. Maybe I'll run into you some time.

- ukie

12. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    hhhhhhmmmmmm maybe i should come up for a weekend and play. Well i am always for some hardcore gaming on VF. If any of you guys plan on having a mini gathering or something and don't mind putting a poor bum up for the night so I dont have to worry about missing that last train back to NY, then i'm GAME! Check my profile for my email address or just hit me up on PM. I usually log on to VFDC at least once a day or every other day. Peace and keep practicing!

13. RIZ

RIZ Well-Known Member

This goes to ukie and everyone.

I'm so down for a mini gathering. I'll be there this Saturday(4/13th), but I tend to go to UP late at night. Say about 9:00 thru 11:00. I mean, I've stayed there and have come back home around 3 in the mornin'!

I'll try and get there by the evening(3:00-5:00). Hope I can show up. Getting the car off my Grandmother's a bietch.(haha) Youth..what can you say?

-RIZ

14. RIZ

RIZ Well-Known Member

Originaly posted by nxw0016
    <blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Hope you understand my drawing.

<hr></blockquote>

lol. Nope, sorry. >_<

15. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    Some people, especially in Japan, like to use their thumb on the guard button. Thus, the guard button is slightly lowered than the rest.

In the drawing. The kick is the "lowered" button

16. RIZ

RIZ Well-Known Member

Oh! Okay. Now I understand. I see what you're talking about.

Well..
    Only thing I can say that would make that easier on you is to try your best. I know how dumb that may sound but, it's best.
    It's not as hard a transition for me though. :\

-<font color=white>R<font color=red>.</font color=red>I<font color=red>.</font color=red>Z<font color=red>.</font color=red></font color=white>

17. ukie

ukie Member

Saturday... hmm, I'll see if I can get out of the house. But if I can, I'll stick around from early afternoon till 7 or 8. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

- ukie

18. Eric

Eric Member

Yo players whats up if i can get more players up here that play the game i would start having tournament i like Vf4 but there is no comp in here and there is about 10 players in here that would join a tournament but i need more maybe it will happen this summer so try to make it down all you players.

19. RIZ

RIZ Well-Known Member

Haha, you know I will Eric. It's Rob. Pai owns, man..didn't I tell you? Pick Jacky against me next time! ^_^

-<font color=white>R<font color=red>.</font color=red>I<font color=red>.</font color=red>Z<font color=red>.</font color=red></font color=white>

20. RIZ

RIZ Well-Known Member

Okay, today's Saturday and I'm going to try and make it to UP today. And hope atleast one of you guys that have posted here will be there for some good vf4 games.

I hope all goes well becuase so far my brother's usin' the car today and he's at school. >_< Hope it's not too long.