1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 Philly niggas..y'all out there?

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by RIZ, Mar 28, 2002.

1. RIZ

RIZ Well-Known Member

Okay, I was there last night from 8:30 to about 9:50, you might have seen me.

I was the hispanic dood with the blue dress shirt on with jeans and boots. I had been playing Tekken and got pissed at some scrub doing 1,2,3, with Jin the whole time.(I ss'ed that 3!) >_<#

I still owned his Lei with Paul though. I was there with two white guys, one of them had a yellow cap on backwards.

I'm posting this incase you guys were there and I never got to play any of you. So..

-<font color=white>R<font color=red>.</font color=red>I<font color=red>.</font color=red><font color=white>Z</font color=white><font color=red>.</font color=red></font color=white>

2. ukie

ukie Member

RIZ -

Just missed you... I was there from like 4:30 to 6:30 :/

Really wanted to play against a good Pai player to see if I can pick up some tips.

Maybe I'll be decent enough with Akira by the time I run into you... still at only 40% eff. with standard DLC, and no good with knees at all (heh, spent some of the time there trying to see if I could connect the AS3 - shrm - st.plm. - 2/3 DLC - AS3 - bodycheck on bounce. Just thought it up the other day)

Anyway - any chance of you getting there before 7 on weekdays or Saturdays? Because I usually can't stay there since I have to catch the EL and then the westbound 104 back home.

- ukie

3. UnCauzi

UnCauzi Well-Known Member

Play this game philly, last time I was up there I was mad case dissappointed. Up there for a whole week and played what? 3 people? I hope when I come up there will be some peeps there for me to stomp /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

4. ukie

ukie Member

Tell me when you're dropping by next time. I should be able to make it. I'm there almost everyday and couldn't find anybody to play against most of the time. Maybe I'll be able to entertain you a bit with what little skill I have /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

- ukie

5. Dazed

Dazed New Member

hey whats up people? im the guy RIZ previously talked about...the one in the yellow hat,i play vf4...im not bad and im getting better, well trying to anyway...i playwolf and im trying to learn vanessa hehe she is cool, hopefully next time i go down a couple of you guys will be there and i will play and give you guys some okay comp heh. well okay thats all i gotta say....
    p.s. Tekken 4 does not suck! >.< ....bye

6. Eric

Eric Member

Yo players this is Eric i'am tring to get a tournament together in a few months could you guys get the wiord out i want this to be BIG and i will with your help thanks.

7. anonimuss

anonimuss Member

i been out of the arcade scene for some time now, but vf4 is getting the juices flowing for me again. i can hit up 40th + spruce anytime except weekends cuz i gotta work. eric knows im down for tournaments or whatever.

8. Bronzefist

Bronzefist Member

I'm gonna be back in Philly next Tuesday so I'll try to hit up Univ Pinball when I can. Nice to see yall seeking out comp.

I wont be in Philly long, so I'll be able to make about 3 or 4 trips to the arcade at most because I need to come back to Pitt for summer classes.

Peace,
    Bronze

9. RIZ

RIZ Well-Known Member

Sweet, man. Nice to see that some of you wanna make it out to UP soon. So Anonimuss, how was E6?

-<font color=white>R<font color=red>.</font color=red>I<font color=red>.</font color=red>Z<font color=red>.</font color=red></font color=white>

10. RIZ

RIZ Well-Known Member

Any of you have any heads up on gatherings?

-<font color=white>R<font color=red>.</font color=red>I<font color=red>.</font color=red>Z<font color=red>.</font color=red></font color=white>

11. Namflow

Namflow Well-Known Member

Hey all... my brother and I are finally down for the summer, so we'll be at University Pinball this coming friday. Anyone else gonna be there?

12. RIZ

RIZ Well-Known Member

I might be able to make it down...nothing's for sure right now, but I'll give it my best so I can test my Pai, Akira, and Jacky against actual good players.

13. supergolden

supergolden Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

Good to here.. Namflow and I are planning to go and are especially looking forward to some good competition... We should be out there at 6:00 or 7:00 at night...

14. UnCauzi

UnCauzi Well-Known Member

nice give me 2 weeks and i'll be up at UP ready to break some heads /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

15. RIZ

RIZ Well-Known Member

Great!

16. Namflow

hey all, anyone up for some vf4 goodness this friday (the 31st) at University Pinball? I went about two weeks ago and only played against two people the whole night, and I don't think any of them were from here, so either I missed you guys or didn't know it was you or no one showed up. Anyways if anyone is up for it this friday let me know

17. Eric

Eric Member

Summer Jam 2 post is up check it out players.

18. RIZ

RIZ Well-Known Member

Namflow come to UP monday(15th). I will be there, I haven't played vf4 in like a long time, but I'll see if I'm still good. /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

19. anonimuss

anonimuss Member

if anybody wants to practice up for summer jam or the nyg, we should try and get together down at UP.

RIZ: if your gonna be around later in the week, we can hook up, but monday is a no-no for me.

20. Namflow

I'd be up for getting together sometime, the weekends are best for me (Fridays and Saturdays.) Next weekend (either the 19th or the 20th) would be cool, but I'll also see what I can do about making it up Monday...