1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 PS2 control scheme.

Discussion in 'Console' started by Zappy, Mar 21, 2002.

1. Zappy

Zappy New Member

This is a question for those of you that have the PS2 version of VF4. I was just wondering what the control scheme is? DO you use the d-pad on the controller or the analogue stick or do you get a choice??Do you get to use the shoulder buttons as a set of three buttons pressed together a la DOA2: Hardcore??
    THX!!!

2. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Re: VF4 PS2 control scheme. *DELETED*

Post deleted by ken

3. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

There are so many ways to construe all this as homosexual behaviour...

4. bfnh

bfnh Member

PSN:
    bfnh
    you can edit the controls any way you like, any combination of buttons (p+k), (p+k+g), etc. can be set to any button. the

default is
    square = g,
    triangle & x = p
    circle = k
    l1 = (p+g)
    r1 + r2 = (p+k+g)

i think, not fully sure, i switched the controls as soon as i started playing though. what's really good is that the controller setting are applied to the player profile, so you don't have to reconfigure at a friends place when you're in the midst of a tourney.

5. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

I find the game surprisingly playable with the dualshock. I configure the buttons like this:

X: block
    square: punch
    tri: kick

then hold my hand *over* the controller. So thumb is on X, pointer is on square, middle is on tri. This is the closest to the arcade layout you're gonna get.

The default layout seems to be geared towards only using your thumb, which is totally impossible IMO. VF has too many two or three button moves for this to work.

Of course, it's advisable to play with a stick, since the d-pad is pretty horrible for many moves.

grib.