1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 PS2 Help Needed!!

Discussion in 'Console' started by jt1akira, Feb 12, 2002.

1. jt1akira

jt1akira Well-Known Member

I just got my ps2 vf4...had some doubts regarding the game...

In kumite mode...if i am not wrong...i went from 10dan if i not wrong at translating from the start to "chu dan"..after which i went to 2dan..m i goin backwards or advancing??anyway i have not lost a match yet...hope someone k advise...

In AI mode...what do i need to teach my AI character to make him a strong opponent??is it just showing him all the moves or is there more than that?

In the Edit Player mode...how do I change my custom character clothes or stuff...??thanks...

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Hey James, you went from 10-kyu to sho-dan and then to 2-dan, so the progression is correct. Don't worry, your PS2 copy doesn't sound buggy yet. /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

3. jt1akira

Hi...haha...glad I am on the right track...seems very long to proceed to the higher rank...any ideas how it works??anyway I bought the original vf4 game...supposed to be gd...hahaa...btw heard many said the graphics were rather inferior to arcade...but I played it and found it very gd...maybe cos i played it on my big flat screen tv...saw it on normal tv too was indeed inferior...

4. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Hey James, the PS2 version is definitely inferior graphically, but it's by no means bad looking. I don't have a flat screen, but I have a pretty good 27-inch Panasonic.

You should fault the arcade...all the VF4s I played on in Singapore were displayed in low resolution monitors.

5. jt1akira

No wonder I find the graphics in Spore inferior..i tot I was crazy to think it was better at my place then in the arcade...only for spore arcade machines..hahaa...i rather play at home then...as for ps2 games...it is better to play on flat screen tv...k bring out the true resolutions and graphics...same for final fantasy 10...