1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 ps2 resolution

Discussion in 'Console' started by Shadowdean, Mar 17, 2002.

1. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

what is the resolution of the ps2 vf4? Would it be worth getting a vga box for ps2?

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

people argue a lot over this one, it's posted several times if you search for "PS2" and "VF4" and "resolution".
    Anyway, I've heard a VGA box is minimal improvement.

3. Kaede

Kaede Active Member

AFAIK there is no PS2 VGA box.

4. Shadowdean

THere are 2 versions (at least) for sale at buyrite..but they are from 30-50 bucks.

5. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

PS2 doesnt support a full VGA signal and the VGA boxes out for it therefor are hacks .
    In fact using them gives a picture far worse then connecting a PS2 on a PAL TV trough scart .

6. Shadowdean

Oohh, thanks! Saved me 30 bucks I couldn't spend anyways :p

7. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

On my TV i just deal with S Video. Looks fine.

8. RandomHajile

RandomHajile Well-Known Member

YUV component is the best u can get out of ps2, i think the rgb chip they use is inferior now, but only crt projectors an most toshibas hav that input!