1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 questions

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Zappy, Mar 15, 2002.

1. Zappy

Zappy New Member

Does anyone know the VF4 release date for the UK??
    Also i was wondering about which character I should try and master (i'm a newbie to the series). I like the look of Lei, but i read in some reviews on the internet that he is supposedly a very cheesy character, similar to Eddy from tekken 3. Is this the case?? Are there any people out there who use him effectively without button-mashing ??
    THX!!!

2. akira2001

akira2001 Well-Known Member

There are many people out there who use him effectively--without button mashing. One of the best players I can think (Shinz) of plays a great Lei.

But, really it just depends on who you enjoy playing. I enjoy playing Akira, Lau, Shun, Wolf, and occassionally Aoi. I am trying to master Akira. I am not the worst and definately not the best. I have a lot to learn. I choose him because I like his moves and combos, although some are difficult. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

So pick who you enjoy. I think they all have certain moves, combos, etc that make them a threat. My advice is to pick a person you like and stick with them until you have all moves and combos down pat. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Have fun!!!

3. American_Pai

American_Pai Well-Known Member

I agree. Play who you want. You'll just have to smarter, tougher, and maybe richer than all the other beginnners (if you choose the expert characters). All the hoopla about beginner/intermediate/expert characters deals with how long it takes to get these characters to a competitive level. It doesn't account for natural ability, adaptablity, and player preference. You may have a natural aptitude for a certain character's style you never know. Even if you're getting your ass kicked in the beginning it will get better in the end. The good thing about it is you'll be preparing your mind for higher level VF right from jump so you'll be more used to it when the time comes. If you can endure the aggravation of losing and stick to learning your psychological game will also be improved because you're used to a struggle and the psychological battle is the most important lesson of high level play.