1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 Sarah Questions

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by ReCharredSigh, Feb 17, 2002.

1. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

75 in stance where both punches connect, 72 in the other stance (open or closed stance I mean). That's without MC bonus...add 15 for MC on the DC.

2. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

The original combo came up in Creed's "translated training mode" thread where the training mode shows you the P-sidekick combo. I questioned it because I knew the PPK was more reliable and damaging. The kick in the PPK may be listed as a high attack, but it has this insane property of scraping opponents off the ground.

~90 points for a MC knee or dragon cannon-- can't ask for more than that /versus/images/icons/smile.gif
    Thanks for the clarification again, Nutlog.

Also, good point about the db+K+G combo, Genie. The db+K+G slams you to the ground, so a TR/QR should not be possible. But when this (or a very similar) combo was mentioned back in the "Friday night at Kani-spo" thread, someone said that the pounce could be escaped if you struggled hard enough... I'm sure dash in and ground kick is also a good way to finish this combo off.

3. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

Yeah...Troy and I confirmed this tonight. The pounce is escapable, but the ground kick will connect guaranteed (and is damage scaled, too, unless you hold it for a second). You don't have to struggle REALLY hard, but just tapping guard a few times and a few wiggles on the joystick won't cut it, you kinda have to work it a bit harder.

4. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Can the db+K+G be swaped for b+K+G?

5. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

It doesn't look like it, but I was getting kinda tired when I was messing with that the other night, so I can't say for sure. All I know is that I couldn't get it to connect, though I never did try it immediately after the launcher. I'll check on it tomorrow during lunch if no one has nailed it down by then.

6. ReCharredSigh

ReCharredSigh Well-Known Member

oh yeah, can someone tell me about the usefulness of Sarah's
    FC, K+G move? i keep hearing about the usefulness of the charged version, but i haven't heard anything about the non-charged version.

7. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Non-charged version hits high.

Very slow, high attack == not very useful.

The uf+K+G tornado kick is a better attack then the non-charged FC,K+G. At least the tornado kick hops over low and many mid-level attacks.

8. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

An uncharged Crash Tornado is redundant as it lacks the properties of the charged version and it hits high so it's easily ducked. it's a crescent so it will hit dodgers but other wise it's not very useful.

it's speed could allow you to punish a Beat Knuckle string but it would be better to use a D,f+K,K or Dragon Cannon combo etc.