1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 Soundtrack Download(WMA Format)

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by less, Mar 8, 2002.

1. less

less New Member

2. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Move thread to media forum?

3. mushen

mushen Well-Known Member

I can't play them on my computer. Windows security issues (migrate license???). Anyone know a way to work around it? (rip into another form or something)

4. Moby

Moby Well-Known Member

Thread moved to MEDIA forum.

5. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Hmm, yeah. Can't play the files. 192kbps MP3s would have been better =(

6. Moby

Moby Well-Known Member

Yeah, what's happened is that the ripper of the CD used Windows Media Player on XP to rip the songs into .WMA format. By default it grabs the original CD licensing info and sticks it into the .WMA file, to prevent people who haven't bought the CD from listening to the songs. So everytime you try to play the song, it will take you to a Microsoft licensing site that will allow you to "migrate" the license onto another computer. This will ONLY work for the original ripper, as the license is uniquely associated with his computer.

So if you're not him (i.e. your computer isn't his), clicking on the "Migrate" button won't work for you. If the ripper used MP3 instead this wouldn't have been a problem, because MP3 can't store licensing information. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

P.S. At least we know he used the actual original CD to rip the songs, so they are higher quality than if they were copies of already-ripped material.

7. mushen

mushen Well-Known Member

Someone crack this baby. I might do a search on it tonight to see if I can find anything... that's if I'm bored enough.

8. less

less New Member

i'm sorry. the WMAs is provided by Grynn. when i try to play, i was brought to Microsoft licensing site, i click on "migrate" only once, and after that i can play all the tracks, so i think you can do it also.

after i see your reply, i found 2 WMA crack tools, unfuck.exe is for version1, and slashdot is for version2, but after unfucking, it was converted to 64kbps, oh my god, i have no idea with it now, and i'll contact Grynn to ask him to rip it again to mp3. when we do it, i'll post here again.

sorry for both it and my poor english, i hope you can understand my words:)

9. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Thanks for trying, though. Really appreciate the effort! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

(Your English is perfectly fine, btw...)

10. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

I already UnFucked (TM) all of the WMA's and made them into MP3's, available for DL on the site.

The sound quality is acceptible, except for one or two burps on one or two tracks.

Edit: months ago! I did it months ago! Can't you ppl READ! ARIGHHHHH@!
    heh, sorry. Hadda do it. Dunno why. Gotta go.

11. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

That's strange, I can play the files. I too got the copyright window. If I remember correctly it mentioned the penalties etc and offered a help box. I clicked on the help box for further details and it then mentioned something about details being transfered to my PC. I tried it again and I Could play the music.

Also, I use Winamp for all my music files, could that be the solution?

12. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

oh jah......copying games is bad bad bad......but not my music....../versus/images/icons/tongue.gif lol

13. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

If you are referring to my views on pirating then you will be pleased to know that I've already ordered the CD from Tokyopop.com. I wanted to hear the songs while I wait. And since I will have bought a legitimate copy my practices are above board. So there /versus/images/icons/crazy.gif

14. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

lol, yep suure...j/k

15. grynn

grynn Well-Known Member

Sorry I was off the net last week.
    If you want higher quality files, just tell me which program I should use to rip the CD.
    It was my first time, so I thought Windows Media player was good enough. -_-

16. BlueFlash

BlueFlash Active Member

A program that is easy to use for ripping the files is ez-cdda extractor (i think that's what it's called) you can get it from www.download.com, and rip the files to high quality 192kbps mp3's = D

17. grynn

grynn Well-Known Member

thanks for the info!