1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4: special stances

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by GLC, Aug 21, 2001.

1. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

A few questions ("is this true?" type):
    - Jacky's auto-inashi, I heard he can reverse punches just by standing there, not necessarily in shuffle step?
    - Are there any ways to maintain a stance? I heard Aoi has to hold P+K+G, how about other characters?
    - Can a stance be G-cancelled into "from stance X" moves? Eg. Lei u+P+K+G, G into K,K from independent stance.
    More to come later... I'm tired.

2. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Jacky's auto-inashi, I heard he can reverse punches just by standing there, not necessarily in shuffle step?

Yes, just standing still will auto-inashi. The quickest followup is a canned P, but you can do other stuff like ESK or throw. (Dunno whether there's enough time to beatknuckle, I don't really play Jacky.)

Are there any ways to maintain a stance? I heard Aoi has to hold P+K+G, how about other characters?

Most characters' stances are maintained until you press G. Pressing a combination of P, K and joystick moves may or may not snap you out of stance depending on the move (e.g. in Kage's jumonji stance, press f+P and you do an elbow but retain Jumonji stance, whereas press PKK and you revert to regular after the move).

Lei Fei has multiple stances, different move combinations while in stance will either bring you to regular, the same stance, or a different stance. There's a Lei Fei flowchart that shows which moves lead to which stances.

Finally, some stances cannot be maintained beyond a certain prescribed timelimit, e.g. Pai's b+K,d crouching stance.

3. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

What about the last question? Can moving into stance be G-cancelled in order to execute a "from stance" move faster? Or will it just make you end up in regular stance?

4. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

re jacky's inashi - he has to be standing still, but not guarding. as in just neutral, no commands at all.

(right?)

--
    "What we got here is a failure to communicate..."

5. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Yeah, basically the command for Jacky's inashi is "n" as in neutral. Any movement, tap, or button press will not allow the inashi to work (to my knowledge).

6. Guest

Guest Guest

What is an inashi? Sorry I am not sure exactly what that is.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

A deflection of an attack. Kinda like a parry.

8. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

So, does Jacky have to be in a stance, or he just does this automatically standing there? I hope its not just automatic...ugh that would be gaaaaaay

"Victory can be anticipated, but not assured" Sun-Tzu

9. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

No stance, just... stand there, don't guard, don't move, and you automatically deflect high AND mid single-palm/fist attacks. Pretty cheap, eh? =(

10. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

As Feixaq mentioned, no stance is involved. But it's not like you're invulnerable when you do it. However, it's nice against unlearning Jacky's who love to do elbow backfist or beatknuckle backfist, etc.... or players who insist on using certain moves in obvious manners.

11. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Speaking of inashis. There seem to be 2-3 different "types" of inashis in VF4:

(1) There are the silent, arm-bending types (e.g. Jacky's auto-inashi) similar to Pai's VF3 inashi.

(2) Then there are the ones that make the screeching sound that tend to be part of canned combos (e.g. Pai's f,b+P,P or Lei Fei's PPK from Tiger Stance) in which the first move "eats" punches or kicks.

(3) Finally there are the ones that look more reversals than inashis, but do very little damage (e.g. Kage's Jumonji reversal or VF4 Pai's f+P+K).

12. Tot

Tot Active Member

Hi GLC,

Only u+P+K+G and d+P+K+G stances can be cancelled.
    After the cancellation, it go back to the regular stance.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Jacky can inashi by standing in neutral OR by doing his switch stance. The switch stance is easier because you can do it "on demand" more accurately as P+K+G is more reliable in the heat of battle than moving the controller to neutral. Also if you have succesfully inashi you can press P and it will "blend" into counter hit. So, yes, Jacky does have a rather easy and powerful inashi.

14. shaolinjman

shaolinjman Member

A Lei Fei flow chart?! How do i find the flow chart and where have i been!!? <BR> in case you didn't guess i am new to the game...but luvin it!

15. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

Uh I don't think so.
    If you mean using P+K+G as a counter to punches, I am pretty sure you will eat the punch instead. Was trying with P+K+G, K today. Opponent interrupted with a punch and I caught it with my face.