1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 Team Battle changes?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by ice-9, May 7, 2002.

1. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

SDE(stagger) -> double palm not confirmed.

Chau! I let you and Danny hit me with this too many times.

2. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Taka sucked -- plain and simple. I'm sure Sega had some way of knowing that nobody liked to play as a fat man with butt floss on.

Also, I thought of another Lei Fei combo I feel has too many hits attached.
    d/f,d/f PP, d P, u/f K+G, d/f K
    As far as I know, you can't tech roll out of it. If you put a delay in the first two punches, it's pretty easy to trick your opponent and pull it off.

3. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Chau! I let you and Danny hit me with this too many times.

<hr></blockquote>
    You never asked /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

SDE -> Bodycheck is 1 damage higher in ver C than SDE -> DJK. Nobody bothered to do that becos it's only 1 extra damage

4. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

My record is 77 point on SDE BC, not sure where u got the 75 from. People do DJK cuz the damage is high and it's brainless. BC over 70 requires perfect timing, why bother for 3 or 4 points?

5. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

Not trying to be nitpicky here, but here's the explanation on the combo Ice posted for Sarah. You actually can do the 100+ damage version on everyone up to Jacky, but you have to feel comfortable in getting your timing tight to get the DC to hit unscaled while still part of the float. For Jacky, cramming it all in as fast as you can just happens to hit the window perfectly.

The DC hits as a MC (45 damage), the TA punch for 11, the TT kick for 24 and the DC hits in the unscaled window for the full 30, giving a total of 110 damage. If you actually got the ground hit on the last DC, the total combo damage would be 95 and would be TR escapable. If you feel comfortable trying to adjust for the lighter weights (pausing between 1 to 4 frames depending on character) you can use the 110 on just about everyone lighter (except possibly Aoi/Pai...need to check that as theirs may be 104 instead of 110). If you don't pause, then the combo does 98 on the lighter characters instead.

6. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

Ok...correction to numbers above...combo does 99 damage to the lighter characters, 104 on Jacky.

Also, the combo is used with the DC as the floater is stance independent up to Shun (maybe Kage...don't remember, but definitely not Lau and definitely Shun) Alternatively, it's also stance independent for at least the ladies if you use the knee instead.

7. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Also, you shouldn't compare Pai's D,f+P with Kage's d/f+P, since they are used differently.

The difference in usage is sort of my big point about pai's crappiness. You use FC f+P looking for an interrupt. You set up d/f+P when you have plenty of initiative and the opponent is maybe expecting a throw, like after an elbow stagger or blocked knee or whatever. But anyway the highlight is that they're both the best midlevel float combo starters. The theory I guess is that pai's is balanced by being a lot faster, while kage's slow one doesn't need the interrupt. But I find not needing the interrupt makes a float tool far more useful. And the moves are balanced anyway in the recovery department... throw/punch counterable for pai vs. uncounterable for kage. So that's what I did for my summer vacation and why I wish pai was stronger.