1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 Thread - SRK

Discussion in 'General' started by Chanchai, Apr 18, 2002.

1. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Figure I would post a link to another VF4 thread in a popular forum.

This isn't to really encourage people to drag those posters here so much as to allow some people to find players in their nearby area. But anyways... who knows, you may find something interesting here.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.shoryuken.com/forums/showthread.php?s=cf08d28503476437b8ee84c32ccf9b6b&threadid=58011&perpage=25&pagenumber=1>VF4 Thread @ SRK</a>

-Chanchai

2. Bu_Jessoom

Bu_Jessoom Well-Known Member

It's good to see fans of other games praising VF4, but it's bad that most of them are doing so for Kumite, Items, color-schemes, etc....

They are mostly hardcore 2d games players, yet they unfortunately seem to fail to see the true beauty of VF.

3. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I totally agree. Part of why I wouldn't want to bring those here... but at least try to encourage some decent players to "show them the light" or something if some of these players were in their local area.

I'll admit, a lot of the comments of "VF3tb sucked" and "Thank god they killed the dodge button! What were they thinking?!" etc... got on my nerves. Though one can say it's a mere difference of opinion (which I normally would), but these players seemed to have the attention span of 5 minutes to a game unless it jumped out and grabbed them on first impression.

But oh well...

Though I don't know if I could call them "hardcore" 2d game players. They definitely seem to fail to see the true beauty of VF though...

(Often I like to think that I can't blame someone for missing the beauty of VF... On a casual fighting game player level, many people seem to have a hard time grasping how much you have to cover your ass in a game like VF and not only that, but how many exceptions there are to the options you choose--just about everything has a strong answer to it in this game, eventually making the game a lot of work, but it's totally worth it imo.)

-Chanchai

4. Bu_Jessoom

Bu_Jessoom Well-Known Member

Though I don't know if I could call them "hardcore" 2d game players. They definitely seem to fail to see the true beauty of VF though..

I didn't exactly mean all the people who replyed to that thread, but I meant most of the regular players who attend the tourneys they organize and actually play their 2D games seriously (Not just to the point of learning combos and moves). If you read some of the articles they have for example, you can see that they actually do use and learn some 'hidden' stuff in the games they play. One example is the roll cancel moves you can do in CVS2 to do any move and be invincible for a certain time. You can see the explanation of how to do that in detail... While they may not talk about it as extensively as we do here for VF's system for example, you can still see that some of them care and are willing to learn the most of their games.

But yeah I agree, the vast amount of stuff a player should learn to play well in VF4 is a main reason why many players are put off by their first tries. Any game can become much more interesting if you learn the rules, and if they weren't obvious enough, some players will be frustrated and refuse to play /versus/images/icons/smile.gif.

5. plan17

plan17 Active Member

gawrsh they curse an awful lot
    I like that guy who thinks the mechanics are really simple, and they've 'scrubbified' the game
    lolz

6. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

My guess on that one is that he or his friend used to play lau in VF3. Lau's transition in control has been greatly simplified, so maybe that's what he was talking about.