1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 - Throws interrupting moves

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Jason Cha, Jul 30, 2001.

1. Jason Cha

Jason Cha Well-Known Member

In the early test version, Akira's f,b+pg has a few interesting characteristics - first it appears to have extended range, kind of like the Bryant's ff+pg throws, but more importantly, as mentioned in the subject heading, it will interrupt moves. In other words, if the throw comes out and connects during the execution phase of your opponent's move, the throw will trump. This is not true of his other throws, at least AFAIK, or any other character's. I've tried this a number of times, and an pretty confident about this, as I have clearly seen it interrupt moves like Jerky's beatknuckle.

In less confident tones, I think that the catch throws, at least Sarah's uf+pg (and Rich mentioned he thinks he saw Kage's uf+pg) interrupt moves as well.

Fortunately for us, despite repeated attempts at it, I'm pretty sure that Wolf's GS and Kage's TFT do not. =)

-Jason

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Have you checked to see if throws can catch staggered opponents?

THX

:eek:)