1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 to have VF.net card-system outside Japan!

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Nash, Jun 19, 2001.

1. Nash

Nash New Member

Been speaking to someone I know at a coin-op distributor in the UK, and it's looking like VF4 will keep the cool VF.net card system when it comes over here. As most people know, with the Naomi cabinets they stripped out the VMS slots in the belief that Westerners would be unable to resist sticking chewing gum in them (grrr!)

But he'd just got 4 Naomi2 Club Kart's in, and they came complete with cards and card-slots. Club Kart is meant to be an amazing game by the way. I hadn't paid much attention to it uptil now, but he said the way the cards work is brilliant. You gain sponsors with it, and the sponsors logos appear on your kart. And the better you play, the more secrets and better karts you unlock. Gonna have to go to one of the arcades to check it out.

I doubt VF.net will work with mobile phones over here, but everything else the cards do will be cool - your ring name and icon, keeping track of your total wins/losses, uploading to the net for your world ranking?, what people you have played, and unlocking all the secrets ...

He also said we should expect the first VF4 machines in the UK in early August.

Nash
    (who wants his own VF.net card now!)

2. Vicks Biru

Vicks Biru Well-Known Member

Anyone knows if VF4 will appear in South East Asia, esp. Singapore?

<font color=orange>Imagine losing to this bozo...</font color=orange>

3. Drunken_Master

Drunken_Master Well-Known Member

ok glad the brits wil be getting the card system how much can a card cost?

'Strong body but a weak mind' Sam Seed from Drunken Masters

4. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Unfortunately, it still means nothing for us in the US as of yet... I think we're considered the biggest idiots of all! That combined with SOA's disinterest in VF will probably make sure we don't see it here, but I'm still hoping.

UK players even got to participate in Maximum Battle, right?

Spotlite

5. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    For what it's worth..

An arcade here in Montreal, Canada got Club Kart the other week with the card system fully functional.

6. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Re: For what it's worth..

That's hope inspiring. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Spotlite