1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 TOURNAMENT, 4/14! CASH PRIZES!!!

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Gndalf007, Apr 4, 2002.

1. Gndalf007

Gndalf007 Well-Known Member

Date: 4/14/2002
    Time: around 5:00 pm. If you or your crew can't make 5:00, let me (IM: Gndalf007) know; we're very flexible.
    Location: Roanoke, VA: Captain Gamestation (directions at bottom)
    Entry fee: $10
    Prizes: All depends on entry fees, but we need at least eight people, which would mean (I think) at least a $50 top prize.

This tournament will be held on the PS2 version of the game, so bring your sticks. If you don't have one, you could always use ours, however. If like forty-plus people come in, though, we CAN hightail it over to the arcade...

We're also going to be having a CASH Capcom vs. SNK 2 tournament (Japanese DreamCast version), so if you or anyone you know plays that, bring 'em in!

With enough interest, we can have all sorts of other tournaments, with a requirement of 8 people for cash prizes. Dance Dance Revolution is definitely a possibility, as well as Soul Calibur, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Super Street Fighter II Turbo, or anything else you guys want to play. So come on down and compete at your favorite games!

Directions:
    From I-81:
    Head south until you see exit signs for Roanoke. Take the one that puts you on I-581 South. Go south until you see exits for Hershburger Road. Take the second one, the one heading east. Go down Hershburger, past a plaza on your left, until you come to a 4-way intersection with a Radio Shack across the street. This is Williamson Road; turn right onto it. Head down Williamson until you see a 7-11 on your right. The next building on your right is Captain Gamestation. You've gone too far if, ironically, you see another 7-11 on your left.

From Rt. 460 West:
    Head down 460 until it pretty much ends in Roanoke; the road name will change to Orange Avenue. Head down Orange Avenue until you see signs for Williamson Road; take a right onto Williamson. You've gone too far if you go under I-581. Head down Williamson, past the 7-11 on your right, until you see another 7-11 on your left. The building right before it on your left is Captain Gamestation.

There we go. IM me at Gndalf007 or email me at Gndalf007@yahoo.com with any questions. Now, come on down and earn some money!!!

2. fireballtrap

fireballtrap Active Member

bump, i think this will be a decent tournament, people should head to this one

3. Blondie

Blondie Well-Known Member

Us Florida guys might be able to make it =). We'll see if we can't get something going. It might be kind of hard cause we'd have to stay a night there probably, and well this short of notice, oh well we'll see. later guys.

If we do go count of say 5-10 guys =).

4. fireballtrap

fireballtrap Active Member

that's cool, but if you can't make this one, i'm sure we can have VF4 again next month, that would be five weeks from Sunday. Maybe that would be better for you guys.

5. Gndalf007

To Blonde_one and all others who may possibly attend:
    Hit us up on AIM at Gndalf007 or Fireballtrap or send me a quick email at gndalf007@yahoo.com. The more players we know are coming in advance, the better the tournament will be. Also, we can help out with issues such as food and housing. We really want to make this premiere VF4 tournament the best it can be.

6. Gndalf007

bump, all you NoVA/DC guys, you'd better be there!

BTW, all of you, bring your memory cards and show off your custom characters.

7. Blondie

Alright looks like we are probably going. Which places to stay do you recommend? We'll prolly leave on Saturday and stay all day Sunday. What are the time Frames? We might be picking people up on the way there also. I'll keep you posted through Email =). later.

8. Galatea

Galatea New Member

What No Tekken Tag?? LOL J/K ^_-

9. Blondie

Guys I'm sorry.............................................................................We just didn't have enough time to prepare for a massive overhaul of VFers to come up. We'll make the next one if you give us the heads up =). Plus maybe next time we'll be spreading the word more too and you'll have more participants. We're forced to have another get together at my house "Oh no!!" =). You all are more than welcome here in FL., let us know your coming a couple weeks in advance and we'll see what we can do. A lot of us can pull some strings.