1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 Tournament in Cedar Rapids Iowa

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Cros, Mar 1, 2002.

1. Cros

Cros Member

Kingfan and Sushi have decided to add a VF4 tournament to the Extravaganza 6(66).

The tournament will be on April 13th, at a Sheraton Inn (525 33 Ave SW Cedar Rapids, Iowa).

There will be a $5 fee just to get into E6. This is because they have to rent a hall from a Sheraton. The $5 goes to paying off the hall and nothing else (they are not doing this for profit). Though, I don’t know exactly what they plan to do if there is extra after the hall is payed off.

The tournament entry fee will be $10 dollars. However, VF4 will be capped at 32 participants on a first come, first server basis. Kingfan might be willing to make exceptions if you are coming in from real far away (flying or something). But you’d have to e-mail him and ask (don’t tell him I told you to). Prizes will be: 1st- 75% entry fees, 2nd- 15% entry fees, 3rd- 10% entry fees.

I think the format will be double elimination. US PS2 version, 2 out of 3 matches, 3 out of 5 rounds. But they haven’t confirmed the specifics yet.

Here’s the link to the thread at TZ:
    http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33219&pagenumber=1

If that doesn’t work, go to Tekken Zaibatsu’s Tournament Announcements forum. It’s the thread titled: “Extravaganza 666â€Â.

I didn't see this mentioned yet. I'm sorry if somebody already posted about it.

2. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Yes, and if you come to Cedar Rapids and participate, you get to meet your friendly neighborhood Zero-chan! Be sure to ask for pats! (^^)

I'll likely have the FV2 arcade cabinet down there on free play as well, so if anyone coming wants to learn how to play, I'll be more than happy to provide an in-person demo and training sessions. (^_^)

3. kil

kil Well-Known Member

XBL:
    kildamonk
    good shit i'll be at this tourney then 4 sheezy.laterz

4. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

I know Lonelyfighter (Chris), myself (Jason) and possibly SausageMan (Troy) will be there.

5. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

Yeah make troy go:) Then when he wins I can yell "Go Sexy Randall The Pharoah Wizard" at the top of my lungs. I guess I am driving us then? I was gonna ride down with the Tekken kids if they had room. So if I drive who is my navigator? I have no clue how to get to CR.

6. Shou

Shou Well-Known Member

The new and improved STL crew will be there.

7. Cros

Cros Member

A bit of an update on E6. All the tournaments that are capped at 32 participants (VF4, MvC2 and SSBM) will begin at 11:00AM. I’m seeing a little more enthusiasm for VF4 in the thread at TZ, so you guys are going to want to get there early so you can get signed up (last I heard they WERE NOT taking sign ups in advance).

It looks like we might have another Omaha participant for VF4. My friend Nic plans to buy it and practice a bunch this week. So he might enter the VF4 tourney since he’ll be going anyway.