1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 Tournament Singapore: Update 1

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Genie47, Feb 8, 2002.

1. Genie47

Genie47 Well-Known Member

OK I have decided. I will conduct the tournament. Since people are familar with the ver B of the game and the convenience of holding it in the arcade. The tournament will take place at AMK Funland. I know there is only 1 machine but lets say we have 7 players to a pool, there will only by 21 matches for the seeding per pool. This section will probably fly through quickly. There will definitely be 2 pools of players judging from the no. of regulars. I will hold the seeding matches on 2 seperate days. Which days? I will reveal this later depending how many come forward. Most likely on Sat 16 Feb Sat and 17 Feb Sun. Hopefully the final play offs will be held on the following weekend. I will be flying to Perth on 2 Mar Sat, so I need your co-ooperation to make this work.

The system used will be similar to the one used by the United States Fencing Association. Every round won will be recorded. Every round won against you will also be recorded. Every contestant will be seeded.

The play-offs will be direct elimination (DE) with repechage. This means that the losers will play with each other. This is to ensure losers another chance to get up the ladder. This will be grueling but IMHO, thorough and fair to everyone. Luck as a factor is being reduced by this system. The order of matches will be based on the seeding. This time, I will only take rounds won for and against you to solve overall ranking in the tournament. Otherwise, match wins will only decide whether you go to the round.

Prizes? None. I can't get sponsors but I will post the results here. Both the seed rankings and the final results of the DE. The joy of seeing your name above all others should be reward enough /versus/images/icons/smile.gif International recognition on an international forum board!

To submit your names. Please email to this address genie47@fastmail.fm

I will need your:

(1) real name.
    (2) character you play. You cannot change characters!
    (3) username on this board if you are member.

You may withdraw /versus/images/icons/mad.gif but this will also be reflected in the final standings. Being late and missing your match results in a withdrawal. Deadline for your submission will be 14 Feb 2002, 1800 hrs Singapore time

Meanwhile, I will talk to the AMK Funland manager about this. Maybe LittleWild can help me with this.

2. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

Thanks genie for organising this. I think we really need some tournaments...

3. feii

feii Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WEIHAO888
    wooo~ tat'll be a great idea.hehe
    amk is a fine place.i think there wont be any problem wif the manager as he is quite an approachable guy. =) lets looks forward to this tourney~

advanced happy chinese new year to u guys~! hehehe

4. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

I think next week maybe a bit too early. Should give people time to train a bit.

5. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

Sure, I will see what the manager says about this.

Can you give me the specific time that the tournament will commence? We will have to "own" the machine for a while so it will be nice to notice the management in advance.

ps. Ver.B.......qcb+p, b,f,f+P+K 100pts, my money is on supreme emperor Danny san. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

6. Genie47

Danny may have his day. I've talked to the manager. He says I have to contact their head office blah blah blah.

At the same time, I'm trying to secure ver C with a PS2. I will let you and the rest know through this forum. The tournament may be held in my place! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif Where you will enjoy my hospitality. There are no kids, ample space for up to 16 people, maybe a little more. In this way, we really own the machine and the place!

As for it being on short notice. I would agree. Nothing is fixed yet. Not even the illustrious name of the tournament. I have not received any email entries yet.

Meanwhile, watch this forum for updates.

7. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Hold it on a later date...I might be coming back in March(early march)...me also wanna join hehehehehhee~

BTW, weren't u supposed to be heading up to perth soon?

8. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

Remeber to wear the ninja outfit Genie. Maybe i can wear an Akira outfit.........

9. Genie47

SummErs, I'm coming going on 2 Mar and returning 17 Mar. Are yo able to make it then?