1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 Tournament Singapore?

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Genie47, Feb 7, 2002.

1. Genie47

Genie47 Well-Known Member

There have been requests that I organize a tournament in Singapore. I've been wanting to looking into it for some time.

Running and keeping track of everything can be well pretty shitty. I got to get some standards first like energy bar and time/round first. Thinking of doing it on the PS2 at someone's place or whoever has that hospitality spirit.

I've been looking into doing it like the US Fencing Association. I'm running experiments with this program called Point Control. I'm replacing touche's with rounds won. It sort of suits VF. You can't have more than 5 touche's in fencing. In VF, the maximum is 5 rounds won/9 maximum. That is if I choose make it go that long. Looks promising for the time being. The reason that I decide to count the individual rounds won is that this encourages players not to hold back. Every round won will determine points which will determine ranking and seeding for the direct elimination (DE). Every player will start with a ranking of U or unrated and will progress, depending on whether there are future tournaments, from E to A.

If it is really going to be that thorough, the tournament will comprise of 2 get-togethers. 1st one is the seeding. 2nd will be the DE.

The minimum no. of players I need will be 6-7. Just enough to form 1 pool for seeding. If there are more than 1 pool of players, I will definitely need the help of someone and possibly hold it simultaneously at another location.

Just need some feedback on this system.

Oh BTW, for anyone interested in holding a tournament. Point Control can be downloaded at www.pointcontrol.com

It prints out player(fencer) pools, DE seeding brackets and DE score entries. Excellent stuff for anyone who wants to manage a tournament. Of course you will need a PC or laptop + printer on the location of the tournament.

2. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

count me in. I think we NEED tournaments to improve our standards and get people interested. Should we hold a PS2 or ver B though.

PS2 problem is not everyone has it while ver B is slightly unbalanced.

3. Genie47

I believe there will not be a problem when it comes to PS2 usage. Keeping to 6-7 players to a pool will make it manageable. The playing will be over in no time. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif I believe you have been playing the PS2 version. Can the lifebar and whatever be changed? Kindly tell me more about the stage, lifebar and rounds/match setup.

Another thing, could anyone help in this thing? As you all know, I've been fiddling with Point Control and in the seeding tables, after entering some hypothetical scores with players the corresponding table has these headings. Some I have sort of figured out but not to sure about the rest. These are my deduction/guesses.

W = Wins (match wins)
    L= Losses (match losses)
    TS = Touche's score (touche's scored or rounds won)
    TR = Touche's received (touche's scored towards the fencer or rounds lost)
    Ind=Independent score? I figured it out as the TS minus TR. So a player with more rounds lost (not matches) than rounds won will receive negative scores. Otherwise, its kinda humiliating. Which means for every match, you have to win by a big margin or if losing lose with as minimal a margin as possible in the no. of rounds. Great motivation to keep the score up /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

I hope I got this right. Any comments?

4. feii

feii Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WEIHAO888
    hey nice to hear tat someone is organising a tourney here in Sg.hehe count me in too~

5. koro128

koro128 Well-Known Member

Hey, is that gonna be the first Tournament for VF4 in Singapore? I guess it's abt time. Even the Console game is out.......

Currently I can identify abt 15+ regulars of VF4, most of whom know each other, by face at least.

Will be great to have a get-together. LOL ..

6. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Can the lifebar and whatever be changed? Kindly tell me more about the stage, lifebar and rounds/match setup.

Options --> Game:
    200 lifebar
    45 secs
    Best 3 of 5 rounds

7. Genie47

I've decided to organize one. Please check Jamboree section for more details. Direct link <a target="_blank" href=http://virtuafighter.com/versuscity/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=jamboree&Number=25208&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=> here</a>