1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 tourney clips, new

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by GLC, Aug 16, 2001.

1. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

kage can't do slide combos anymore, quick rise or not.

2. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Huh? Instant Rolling Recovery? Why make up that complex acronyms? How about:
    TR: tech roll, for d,P+K+G and u,P+K+G
    QR: quick rise, for P+K+G?

And can't BK be just P+K combos? Come on... why complicate things?

3. Drunken_Master

Drunken_Master Well-Known Member

fuck!

why doont you use a fucking movie player that most computers use!!! i never been able to download movies from here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'Strong body but a weak mind' Sam Seed from Drunken Masters

4. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Well, I'm just building on Brian's use of IR; I'm pretty ambivalent about what we eventually decide to use. QR and TR sounds good too.

Actually, for BK I would like it to represent P+K, P, K -> P,P,u+P (the staple combo Jacky players seem to be using) and not just the P+K bit. Maybe BKC for beatknuckle combo. Whaddya think? Pretty catchy huh?

5. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Throwing means different things for different characters. For Kage, it's more than just elbow stagger situations. A really good Kage will find other ways of getting that TFT in. For VF3 Aoi instantaneous throws are what makes her G-cancel game really work. Etc. It's definitely not just stagger -> throw, although that particular aspect seems to have been strengthened in 4.

6. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Re: fuck!

Excuse me? Why don't >I< use a common movie player? Those movies are posted as found, I didn't make them! Take your complaints somewhere else (webmaster of japanese page?) Just don't throw fucks around, you fuck.

7. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Catchy? Nah... to me it sounds like forcing an acronym when there's no need for one...

8. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

*Shrug*

To this day, I wish we had an acronym/shorthand way of writing Lau's b,b+P -> d+P,P,P,d+K combo...

9. Drunken_Master

Drunken_Master Well-Known Member

right can you teach me japanese so i can swear at the fuckers cheers

'Strong body but a weak mind' Sam Seed from Drunken Masters

10. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Sweet mother of god...NOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

"Victory can be anticipated, but not assured" Sun-Tzu

11. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

re: lau's b,b+P combo

it's called "Lau's b,b+P combo" (cf: above)
    And jerky's P+K combo will be called. ..... .. . .

Jerky's P+K combo.

CreeD

12. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Dude, just what is your problem? If you don't like the format, just don't download the flics!

13. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

i second ur opinion yo~~~/versus/images/icons/smile.gif

<font color=red>~~~ 'back off feather brain, or u can stick around and find out the hard way!/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Pai looks good, but you still have to tack on lots of punches and hits, maybe she'll end up being one of the better characters in VF4. I like Jacky too much, i'm gonna stick to him if I go with VF4. :)

CrewNYC

15. Guest

Guest Guest

I have a question about the yamiyodare_vs_kyasao clip. About 21 seconds in Kage knocks Jacky down then looks like he will follow up with the f,f,k sweep but he cancels it and does a chop instead. How did he cancel the f,f,k...? tried to do this today but I couldn't work it out...is it G cancelled? Can you do this in VF3 as well? Thanks.

16. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Jeffry's TKOD is called the "d+K combo."

And Akira's DLC will be called . . .. . . . .

Akira's "d/f+K+G combo."

ice-9

17. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

DLC and TKoD got named because they're powerful canned combos. Jacky's P+K combo when followed by the PPu+P isn't canned, and anyway you could follow it up with PPK for more damage, so then you'd feel silly naming a combo when nobody uses it in favor of a better combo.
    Beyond that, lau's b,b+P canned combo falls in the nameable category, and it does have a name. It's a one word japanese name that I can't remember off the top of my head. But it's still longer than just writing b,b+P etc.

Also, I apologize if I came across as mocking, but you have to realize that "BK" combo sounds a bit goofy. Surely the first thing you thought of when you wrote it on a post was "BURGER KING! MMMM! I COULD GO FOR SUMMA THAT!" ...
    if it gets a name, it will not be the "BK combo"
    Anyway, it's a moot point with 4.1 out. The canned part only isn't strong enough or neat enough to merit a name.

<font color=blue>CreeD</font color=blue>

18. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

I have a question about the yamiyodare_vs_kyasao clip. About 21 seconds in Kage knocks Jacky down then looks like he will follow up with the f,f,k sweep but he cancels it and does a chop instead. How did he cancel the f,f,k...? tried to do this today but I couldn't work it out...is it G cancelled? Can you do this in VF3 as well? Thanks.

Kage's sweep is G-cancellable, and will face backwards if indeed cancelled. This does not work on VF4 test nor in VF1/2/3.

19. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

Re: VF4 tourney clips, new *DELETED*

Post deleted by Mr. Bungle

20. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Beat ya to it! /versus/images/icons/wink.gif