1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 Tourney in Iowa

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Cros, Jul 22, 2002.

1. Cros

Cros Member

There is going to be another VF4 tournament at Kingfan and Sushi’s next Extravaganza (Seven or E7). They haven’t posted many details yet (whoever ends up running the brackets decides them).

I’ll just cut and paste from Kingfan’s post at TZ:
    <font color="red">
    Time/Date

October 5th
    10:00 AM*
    Clarion Hotel** (formerly known as the Sheraton Inn)
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

*=Certain Tournaments will start at this time, TTT and T4 will start at 12:00 PM
    **=Tentative location.

why the is the location not set? two reasons, i have taken way too long on decided a date for Seven. so this is somewhat hasty, but i need to get the ball rolling. date is October 5th, and i will not
    change that. reason two: i haven't set the date with the hotel. but everything should be fine, as long as Oscar doesn't attend.

Games

Each Tournament will cost $15 to enter

Tekken 4

Winner's Bracket: 3 out of 5 rounds, 2 out of 3 matches.

Loser's Bracket: 2 out of 3 rounds, 2 out of 3 matches.

Tekken Tag Tournament

Winner's Bracket: 3 out of 5 rounds, 2 out of 3 matches. (besides the First Round)

Loser's Bracket & First Round: 2 out of 3 rounds, 2 out of 3 matches.

sorry folks, but the first round of TTT is what takes the most time out of all the tournaments, granted we had enough time at E666. but we all know we had the hotel to thank for that.

Virtua Fighter 4

Winner's & Loser's Bracket rounds and matches will be determined by the bracket runner.

Soul Calibur 2*

right now this is merely an idea, i have to talk to WCMaxi to make this happen.

why does it cost $15 ollars to get into each tournament Tyson?

simple, normally i charge a $5 entry fee to get into the Extravaganzas. this time i'm not. reason? i saw so many retards pushing their hands together to get in for free it made me sick. i really thought the honor system would be enough to put this thing together, sadly it isn't anymore. funny thing was, i actually heard someone say. "KingFan won't know shit!" welp, i did. and now i have to make sure i get my money back for the room. sorry, but i don't have a choice in the matter anymore. don't like the price? don't come, it's that simple.
    </font color>

Though it&#8217;s not mentioned in that post, it will be a PS2 tourney.

They are also having a poll to decide on another two tournaments to add (it&#8217;s between: Guilty Gear X, Capcom Vs, SNK 2, Marvel Vs, Capcom 2, Puzzle Fighter, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3).

2. Cros

Cros Member

It looks like the VF4 tournament at E7 is in danger. Kingfan is running a poll as to whether or not to hold it.

Unfortunately, TZ is full of VF haters and I wouldn't put it past people to vote against it just out of spite (even if they have no intentions of attending E7).

For any of you who were planning on attending, I'd suggest you head to TZ and vote for the tournament.

Here's a link to the thread:
    http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1023118#post1023118

3. Shou

Shou Well-Known Member

I told KingFan my thoughts last time I went up there. If he advertised it more where the real VF players are then there will be a better turnout. It wasn't too shabby last time and eclipsed the # of MVC2 entries and also the # of Smash Bros entries if I recall correctly. I certainly will not go if VF4 is not played and I'm sure others feel the same.

4. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

I have Tyson's contact info. He *WILL* hold it, regardless of wether or not I'm there (I won't be). I will work my hardest to assure you of that. XD

5. Kageh

Kageh Active Member

hey guys do me a favor and vote for guilty gear x (ggx). heh heh.

6. Shou

Shou Well-Known Member

Hey Harold,

We have someone down here already claiming #1 in that tourney so I hope you and Shota are practicing your FDC and mist trap stuff. /versus/images/icons/wink.gif I know it's going to be a dirty set of finals.

7. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

Kageh: are you and Shota coming to E7? It wouldnt be the same without you fools. I have started training and boy i forgot how great this game is. I hope you have the same sort of rebirth before E7. Dont let SC2 rot your brain:)

8. Shou

Shou Well-Known Member

Anyone plan on going? /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

9. Cros

Cros Member

I was, and I'd still like to. But some things changed and now I can't.

Good luck to everyone who's going. I hope there is a good enough showing to warrant a VF tourney at the next extravaganza.