1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 Ultimate Combo Guide... a Challenge

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Llanfair, Sep 24, 2002.

1. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

nice compilation. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

one minor typo, however.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    b+P followups
    -------------
    >> f,f+P,P [66 pts]
    [ALL, closed stance, first combo whiffs on heaviest]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm certain you meant, ff+P,K.

cheers,

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Thanks! Yes I'll change that... and also add the fully charged df+P,K combos you showed me.

3. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

On the Akira PIT follow ups.
    The general rule from my experience and hiro is.
    vs lw, fff+p > p > D,f+pk, D,b,f+p (if you suck like me, f+p)
    vs mw, fff+p, > p > DLC
    vs hw, fff+p, D,b+f+p (or d/f+k), (hiro says AS3 is better here but I keep on missing it)

excepts are Lion, Kage and sarah. For Lion, fff+p, D,b,f+p. And For Kage/sarah, fff+p,p,D,f+pk.
    of course all non-techrollable.

4. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

nice, thanks... I didn't think you could land the sde P shrm dbpm in version C... does it work even if the fff+P hits vs. a completely neutral opponent?

5. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

For Aoi, wouldn't it be a good idea to list followups for her inashis as well?
    (from bad memory) Stuff like:
    d+P+K sweep inashi:
    b,f+P+K -> f+K,K

Tenchiinyou vs knee:
    Tenchiinyou vs elbow:
    Tenchiinyou vs mk:
    Tenchiinyou vs hk:
    Tenchiinyou vs h/mp1:
    Tenchiinyou vs h/mp2:

6. uk-guy

uk-guy Well-Known Member

Nice stuff Creed. Obviously I'm posting because I have some stuff to add for the ninja section /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

AKIRA or JACKY<<< FC,f+K -> d+P+K -> db+P,K,G -> ub+K+G [83 pts]
    [the db+PKG is a swipe punch, going into a canned kick, then the kick is
    canncelled. doing the cancelled kick followup lets you recover faster than doing
    db+P by itself]

>If you do that combo versus Akira he can quick rise (NOT techroll!) and input [4][6]+[P] for a guaranteed DbPm. Against Akira your best 'safe' damage is [2_][6]+[K] - [1]+[P][K][G] - [6]+[K]+[G] - [6][2][3]+[P] (or delayed [3]+K)

WOLF<<< FC,f+K -> P -> d+P+K -> ub+K+G [80 pts]

> You won't get 80pts unless you delay the flipkick. Substitute the [P] for [P][K][G] and you should get the full damage, but it's timing is critical and it is still risky because that flipkick will miss if your timing is off. This combo is better for a guaranteed and safe 79pts:
    [2_][6]+[K] - [2]+[P] - [2]+[P]+[K] - [7]+[K]+[G]

LAU or SARAH<<< FC,f+K -> b+P,K -> d+P+K,K [83 pts]

>I'm sure that combo is Sarah only, won't connect on Lau. A better combo for Sarah (84pts I think!) is:
    [2_][6]+[K] - [4]+[P] - [6]+[K]+[G] - [6][2][3]+[P] (or delayed [3]+[K])
    For Lau do this for 82pts:
    [2_][6]+[K] - [4]+[P][K] - [6][2][3]+[P]

SHUN DI<<< d+P+K -> P -> FC,f+K -> ub+K+G [80 pts]

>Another one of those combos that relys on a late flipkick I think. This combo is easier and gives you guaranteed 79pts:
    [2_][6]+[K] - [P] - [3_]+[K] (hold [3_] to get the sidkick and not the footstomp!) - [6][2][3]+[P]

>>>ALL<<<
    TFT -> FC,f+K -> P -> P -> f+K+G -> d+K (after this low kick, opponent may TR)
    -> df+K (ground attack)
    [Total damage from the above is 70 before the heel swat, and if the opponent
    failed to TR, the heel swat connects for 13. That makes this an easy 83 point
    combo. If the opponent is light enough, substitute the first P with db+P,K,G
    ... a swipe, followed by a cancelled kick. This is slower but three points more
    damaging, bringing the 'pseudo-combo' damage up to 86. The combo works because
    the timing for tech rolling when a low kick hits on the bounce is tough]

> Hmm alot of stuff I disagree with here. Firts up it is not difficult to TR/QR after the [2]+[K] unless you really are not concentrating. Even so the [3]+[K] can be struggled out of quite easily. Lastly doing two punches into the cartwheel is dificult versus Heavies, you are better sticking to one punch into the cartwheek for Jeff & Wolf. HOWEVER it is difficult to avoid a slightly delayed [3]+[K] after the [6]+[K]+[G] because it slams and you have to mash like crazy to sideroll. So a better set of combos that are DIFFICULT to avoid and give good damage would be:

Jeff & Wolf
    [2_][6]+[K] - [P] - [6]+[K]+[G] - [6][6] (helps to delay the [3]+[K] for the full 13pts damage) - [3]+[K]

Jacky & Akira
    [2_][6]+[K] - [P] - [P] - [6]+[K]+[G] - [6][6] - [3]+[K]

Vanessa through to Lau
    [2_][6]+[K] - [P] - [1]+[P][K][G] - [6]+[K]+[G] - [6][6] - [3]+[K]
    (For an easier version of above replace [P] - [1]+[P][K][G] with [1]+[P] - [P] instead)

>>>ALL<<< d+P+K -> P -> d+P+K -> f,f+P+K+G
    [This is the best distance TFT combo because the opponent, upon getting hit by
    the f,f+P+K+G, starts to fall onto kage's body. However the game doesn't allow
    them to pass through your body, so while kage keeps moving forward, their body
    is shoved along for the ride. Then when kage lands, they slide off the front of
    his feet. Overall distance is enough to ring out from almost the middle of the
    ring on most stages]

> The BEST combo vs EVERYONE for ringout distance is:
    [4]+[P]+[G] - [2]+[P]+[K] - [4]+[P] - [P] - [6][6]+[P]+[K]+[G]
    Creeds combo and [2]+[P]+[K] - [P] - [P] - [6][6]+[P]+[K]+[G] are easier but DO NOT push as far as this Skeleton special /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

>>>ALL<<<
    TFT -> kickflip (near)
    TFT -> d+P+K (P) -> kickflip (further)
    TFT -> d+P+K -> P -> b+P,K (furthest)
    [These are the best combos to ring out over low walls]

>Also:
    Very Near Low Wall
    [4]+[P]+[G] - [2]+[P]+[K]...[K] (Delay the canned inverted kick flip slightly)
    Maximun distance LWRO
    [4]+[P]+[G] - [2]+[P]+[K] - [P] - [P] - [4]+[P][K] (Vs LW)

df+P followups
    --------------
    >Also:
    LW Closed Stance
    [3]+[P] - [P] - [1]+[P][K][G] - [7]+[K]+[G]
    MW Closed Stance:
    [3]+[P] - [1]+[P][K][G] - [7]+[K]+[G]
    LW MC Open Stance
    [3]+[P] - [P] - [6]+[K]+[G] - [7]+[K]+[G] (or delayed full damage [3]+[K])
    Upto Lau MC Open Stance
    [3]+[P] - [6]+[K]+[G] - [6][6] - [3]+[K]

FC,df+P followups
    ---------------------------
    >Also
    Kage, Lau & Vanessa Closed Stance normal/minor counter hit
    [2_][3]+[P] - [P] - [P] - [2]+[P]+[K][K]
    Shun MC Open Stance
    [2_][3]+[P] - [4]+[P] - [P] - [2]+[P]+[K][K]

uf+K+G followups
    ----------------
    > Also
    Vs Jeffry Closed Stance
    [9]+[K]+[G] - [6]+[K]+[G] - [7]+[K]+[G]

TT P+K,K followups
    ------------------
    >Also
    Vs Everyone
    TT [P]+[K][K] - [4][4] - [8]+[P] (Higher damge double foot pounce)

Creed also there are tons of Jumoji Kick combos without wall that do some insane damage, I'll mail them to you /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

7. Mike90210

Mike90210 Well-Known Member

Nice job Creed. I dont know how you had the patience to check all these combos. I was getting bored just checking Lions.

LION RAFALE
    ===========

FC, f+P followups
    -----------------
    [4][6]+[P]+[K],[2]+[K],[K]+[G] [72pts]
    HW

u+K followups
    -------------
    [4][4]+[K],[P]+[K],[6]+[K] [84pts open/80pts closed]
    [Girls except Sarah?]

b,b+K, P+K followups
    --------------------
    >> F+P -> df+P,P -> df+P (ground attack) [86 pts]
    [Works for Kage and [2], closed stance, hold DF immediately after the first punch to make the rest work.]
    Delay the ground punch for max damage]
    >> df+P,P -> df+P (ground attack) [83pts not 76]
    [MW, works in closed stance for HW. Delay the ground attack for max damage]

P+K followups
    ---------------
    [4][6]+[P]+[K],[6_]+[K],[K] [78pts]
    [Shun and [2], closed stance]

[4][4]+[K],[P]+[K],[6]+[K] [78/74pts]
    [Akira/Jacky only, open stance]

8. Chu Ting

Chu Ting Member

IF AOI INASHI(4P+K) LIKE JACKY's K+G---4P+K~46PP+G(44P+K ALSO GUARANTEED)
    JACKY's 46K+G INASHI(1P+K) SAME AS 4P+K
    LOW INASHI(2P+K) ,LIKE AOI's 2K+G---2P+K~46P+K GUARANTEED
    IN TENCHIINYOU
    WHEN HIGH P/MID P/ELBOW HITS~6PP
    HIGH K/MID K(NOT3K) HITS~46P+G OR 44P+K
    MID K(3K) HITS ~ WHEN ENEMY'S STEP IS OPEN STANCE ~ 46PP+G GUARANTEED
    KNEE HITS ~ NOTHING GUARANTEED

9. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Excellent post Creed. Here's my 2 cents:

Lei Fei:
    [3][3][P][P], [2]+[P], [2]+[P]+[K], [P] in open stance (against heavies: 73 pts on normal hit 79 with a MC). Against mid & lightweights, it's 65 pts on normal hit, 71 on MC.

[3]+[P]+[G], evade, [P]+[K]+[G], [P], [3]+[K] (73 pts) Note: doesn't work against Wolf and Jeff.

Kage:
    Against Lau: TFT, knee, [4]+[P], [K], [6][2][3][P] (82 pts)
    Shun: TFT, knee, [P], [3]+[K], [6][2][3][P] (79 pts).

10. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

uk-guy, that akira TFT combo definitely works (if you perform the knee as soon as possible). If the knee is performed too late however, you're right.....the somersalt kick can be avoided.

11. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Many thanks for the lei fei combos ... just discovered the b+K,K,d+K one yesterday and already it's topped. I'll add it and the the combo (I've seen that one in movies but have trouble getting it - I get the stance a lot. I'll try some more)

Thanks for the kage TFT combos. They're stylish. Too bad they're a hair less damaging than the max combos /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

12. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Beauty - these are all exactly what I'm looking for. I've made corrections and additions as needed.

Out of curiousity did you find these on your own or were some from movies? I think I saw d+K, K+G used against jeffry in a recent chibita clip.

13. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Almost forgot....

Akira:
    shrm or yoho (MC), [6_][P], [P], [P], m-dblpm (Pai and Aoi only in closed stance). Occasionally works against Vanessa and Sarah but the timing is very strict (92 pts)....very flashy.

yoho (MC), [6_][P], [4][6]+[P], m-dblpm in closed stance only (100 pts).
    shrm (MC), [6_][P], [4][6]+[P], m-dblpm in closed stance only (93 pts). These don't work against Akira, Wolf, or Jeff. Against Jacky and Lau the timing is very strict.

[6]+[P]+[G] (high guard break) ~ [6]+[K], [6_][P], [P], yoho. Doesn't work against Akira, Wolf, or Jeff (66 pts). Note: After akira's high guard break, if you buffer in a [6]+[K], he quickly follows up with a SJK that can't be avoided. If any of you saw the Shinz matches in the VF3 tourney, he used this tactic often and it can still be done in VF4. Against lightweight characters, the SJK ([6]+[K]) floats like a shrm, so you can follow it with your shrm combo of choice.

14. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

hmm...I thought I had tried 3 punches into DbPm a while ago with no success unless a wall was present. Perhaps I should revisit it. I'm usually very confident about my m-DbPm but perhaps stance was an issue...interesting.

With regards to the BG --> SJK. This is not that hard to struggle. The CPU may fall for it, but a human will block the SJK easily. Even if the SJK is 'buffered'. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

15. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

According to the frame stats on this very site, it comes out in 13 frames after a guard break. Test it out in practice mode for yourself. Choose Akira as your "dummy" character and then program him to perform that tactic on you. I've tried struggling away from it several times myself and was unable to avoid it, even when I started struggling before my guard was broken.

16. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Jesus, you must have worked this shite out of your PS2 training mode. Most of the stuff is added now ...

Re the first TFT combo for akira or jacky - I have that capped vs. aoi and it did only 73, but I should have thought about possible damage bonus for a heavier opponent. Thanks for the confirmation, I'll add it. Oops it's in there ... ok so for your best safe damage, I'll include the df+K variation - it'll do 13 pts while the DP probably will do like... 9? And the DP would leave you in a worse position by a tiny hair.

re: the delayed flipkick combo - I noticed the flipkick delay too, forgot to notate it by putting a * by the damage. A regular P,K,G might be a safe way to give you the timing needed for the 80 pt kickflip, rather than a slower db+P,K,G that might cause you to over-delay?

Against shun di - I didn't find the 80 pt kickflip hard so I'm leaving it as is.
    Another one that I got vs. lau and probably works vs. shun di for a 'safe' 80: d+P+K (early) -> b+P,K -> F+P -> f+K+G -> delayed ground attack. Exactly 80 vs. most mids except akira. I tried db+PKG -> f+K+G at the end and can't get it, can you?

For the ALL TFT combo section, I'm revamping it completely to have some f+K+G combos like the lau one above, and I'll just slip in there that a low kick -> heel swat will work.. It's worth mentioning I think because people might be struggling to roll out of the heel swat and hence blow the TR. I tested it vs. myself and it's true TRing out of the low kick is very doable but it's something you have to see coming. If you mash the TR you will probably eat the low kick and then the heel swat. And yeah you can roll out of the heel swat as well, making a DP a better possible followup after the low kick (except they can probably QR that and punish you). Finally, a nice side effect of the low kick variation: If you TR and hold guard while kage presses df+K, he will get a sidekick stagger against you. It's possible to TR and dodge the sidekick, and QR seems safe.

re: the distance combo involving b+P ... I actually tested b+P vs. d+P+K thoroughly before writing the combo, and they're the exact same, or the difference is in millimeters. Vs lighties the d+P+K seemed to push a hair further. I think this is because the slight refloat the d+P+K gives is better than one given by b+P, and so when the opponent rides kage's feet during his ff+PKG, they are riding a bit higher and land a bit further.
    Try it for yourself, it rings out a half step from center.

I'll add the second punch variation to max distance LW ringout. For "very near low wall", no need to really do any combo.

For the jumonji kick combos, I read your older post, but found nothing that tops 106. With a little common sense though I figured out something:
    JM reversal, f+KG -> P -> f+K+G -> df+K for 113 pts, open stance up to lion. End in ub+K+G for less damage and more style points.

df+P combos:
    The LW combo listed is disqualified (less damage than what I have listed) ... YOU LOSE. BUT! Trying your combo inspired me to test more, and led to a better combo... so far works on vanessa: df+P -> db+P,K,G -: d+P -> ub+K+G for 72. Closed stance. YOU WIN!
    This in turn led to an anti MW combo that works up to akira: F+P, d+P, kickflip. 69 pts. Which in turn led to a better HW combo -> db+P,K,G -> kickflip (closed stance) for 73.
    Thank you mo "money" im! /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

df+P -> F+P -> F+P -> d+P+K,K [52 pts]
    [Vanessa, Lau, Kage only, closed stance, normal hit or minor counter]
    Niiice find... it's less damage than the MC combos, but more damage than you SHOULD be able to get for a normal hit. It should tie/surpass my 54 pt combos on minor counter. What's weird is it also doesn't work with just one punch, and on MC two punches won't hit. Very unusual.
    Your own invention? The shun combo is also nifty and appears to be shun only as you said.

Many thanks for the suggestions. I love these "vs. one character only" combos, keep them coming.

17. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Dre, thanks for the tips... style combos are nice. However, I'm looking for maximum damage combos only. And as if I wasn't already being a cock, llanfair is right! You can struggle the guard break -> SJK. It's only 13 frames but I didn't have any problems getting out of it when I saw it coming. Doing it in a match, on reflex... that's a different story.
    Practice your struggle technique. I held guard, didn't press punch or kick, and did a full circle with the pad/stick. That was enough to block the buffered SJK. The combo was very effective in VF3 but akira is no longer able to ream the shit out of you with his pseudo throws.

18. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

Kage:
    [9][K]+[G] -> [2][P] -> [1][P][P][K] works in both stances, and it's somehow distance dependant... against Vanessa, 2nd punch misses in open stance but vs. eg. Aoi or Lion, the whole [P][P][K] connects in both stances for 78 (with MC).

19. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I guess I should've clarified things in my post. The [6][P]+[G], [6]+[K], guard-break floater only works in closed stance. In open stance it whiffs.

20. uk-guy

uk-guy Well-Known Member

>uk-guy, that akira TFT combo definitely works (if you perform the knee as soon as possible). If the knee is performed too late however, you're right.....the somersalt kick can be avoided.

Err perhaps I didn't make myself clear. I know that combo connects versus Akira. But if you do it Akira can QuickRise and unleash a GUARANTEED DoublePalm. That is why I suggested the other combo because it is safer.

Hope that cleared that up.

Lastly Creed I was MERELY suggesting some other doable combos. Sort of forgot about the max damage thing. But if you want to get into a win/lose combo battle bring it one... /versus/images/icons/wink.gif