1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 Ultimate Combo Guide... a Challenge

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Llanfair, Sep 24, 2002.

1. Throwmasta

Throwmasta Well-Known Member

Re: Max Combos Guide, version .99 [LONG]

So you guys are saying that it is possible to struggle out of [P]+[K] (fully charged), and [4][3][P] (blocked). A counter hit uppercut ([2_][3][P]); I wasn't sure about. A fully charged [P]+[K], on the other hand, actually counts as a combo when you use [4][P] or [6][P] afterwards. So how can that be struggled out of? I don't think it can. Well, at least not if it gets through unblocked (it's the same stagger, either way). The same rule should apply to a blocked [4][3][P]. If you're opponent blocks the next move afterwards, it's probably because you weren't fast enough with your [4][P]/[6][P] follow up. Btw, that float combo after the uppercut stagger works on everyone right up to Akira; no heavies (I was wrong about Wolf).

2. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    A fully charged[P] +[K], on the other hand, actually counts as a combo when you use or afterwards

[/ QUOTE ]

yes it can be struggled out. Just like Jacky's iai kick.
    Just because it counts as a combo doesn't make it a guaranteed combo.

If u prefer to think otherwise of it,

feel free to do so lah~

3. Throwmasta

Oh yeah... well I prefer to think otherwise! J/k, thanks /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

4. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

sup throwmasta, I think there was some confusion.
    Wolf's fully charged P+K creates an unstrugglable stun when it hits, there is nothing in the world that can stop wolf from landing a free knee or b,f+P+K. I should have the fully charged P+K in my combo list.
    A fun bit of trivia... the best combo for wolf and probably the second-most damaging combo in the game is:
    fully charged P+K -> shrm -> P -> P -> (wall hit) knee -> b+P -> u+P (pounce).
    In Evo this combo would be TRable before you could pounce.
    In Evo version B this combo would do less damage because the damage of the charged P+K was reduced.

About your original post, wolf's FC, [3_][P] is handy, but not a true combo starter - a shoulder ram is definitely easy to get out of, and b+P probably whiffs if the opponent doesn't struggle at all (they're too low to the ground). A f+P is a good gamble. Nothing is guaranteed.

5. Throwmasta

hey Creed, I agree with you dude. I didn't think fully charged [P]+[K] was escapable. If it is, I've never seen it happen. Also, I just figured a counter hit uppercut was worth mentioning in your combo faq; since you included [6][K]+[G], and they both pretty much have the same stagger effect. Btw, I have a ? about that Wolf combo you posted. When you say shoulder ram, you do mean the short shoulder ([4][6] [P]+[K]), and not the big shoulder ([4][6][P]), right? Another weird thing I've noticed; that float combo that I use after the uppercut staggers on a counter ([4][6][P]+[K], [P]([G]), [4][P], [8][P]) will work on Akira. But, if you just try to do this combo to him by starting it with [4][6][P]+[K], the elbow butt ([4][P]) completely whiffs. Maybe the stagger from the uppercut gives the short shoulder counter hit properties; or is hitting on a Mc because the opp. is mashing buttons to escape the stagger?? I dunno...

6. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

That's weird about the akira thing. Probably the answer has to do with range. hits during a stagger do not float high, but hits from longer range can hit later in the animation, which gives more time for followups. Since the uppercut knocks the opponent a little bit away from wolf, the shrm hits at the latest possible moment. Landing it on akira definitely takes somthing extra, whereas anyone just slightly lighter is usually good to go.

About the uppercut, I might include it since I included jacky's uppercut, which works the same.

7. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

Jacky: (The following are from open stance)

[4][K]+[G],[2][P],[6][K] is good for 79 vs. Lau & lighter.

[4][K]+[G],[2][P],[6_][K][K] is good for 81 vs. LW...You can delay the second kick to tally 85 vs Aoi and perhaps others.

For the second combo I think it is important to hold forward for the [K][K]...basically roll the joystick from [2] to [6_] so you don't end up with the knee & if you mess up and catch the kicks too early they'll be sidekicks and the combo will be good for 77.

8. Throwmasta

With Jeff, I've gotten [6][K] (MC), [P]([G]),[P]([G]), [4][6][P]+[K], [8]+[P] (or use [2][P]+[G] if you prefer) to work on Pai.

9. mindelixir

mindelixir Well-Known Member

Yep, that's for 110 damage, and it's been posted, check page 6.

10. mindelixir

mindelixir Well-Known Member

How bout an Evo Revision?

11. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

it's a good idea, but I need the usa evo to do it, I don't like dicking around with knife swapping so often. I had to boot the PS2 maybe 400 times to make this version C guide.

12. OffBrandNinja

OffBrandNinja Well-Known Member

[>>>PAI or AOI<<< d+P+K -> FC,f+K -> d/b+P,K,G swipe -> kickflip. [83 pts]
    [the above is damned hard, and you can much more easily perfect:
    d+P+K -> FC,f+K -> ub+K+G [80 pts]
    For the 'best' combo, this is what I go with. The three extra points for the
    swipe combo isn't worth the gamble of messing it up]

[/ QUOTE ]

That second one there is giving me some serious problems. I was wondering, did you have techrolls on when you were testing that? I had 'em on and practiced it for almost an hour, only did it three times, and it only did 72 points on those, because the backflip didn't hit close to the ground. However, without techrolls, I pull it off over 90% of the time. Wondering if I might as well just be practicing the one with the swipe? Am I missing some critical timing point for the [2][[P]+[K]? Thanks.

13. BMF

BMF Well-Known Member

Are you playing EVO or regular VF4? If your playing EVO then some combos might work a little differently than they did in VF4...for example in VF4 TFT~knee~d+P+K~u/b+K+G on jeffery gave you 80pts if you executed it without delay but in EVO it gives you 72, that is what's probably happening in that aoi/pai combo.

You can always do TFT~d+P+K~b+P,K~P~f+K+G~light down attack for 80pts on aoi and pai.

14. OffBrandNinja

Muchas gracious, playing regular VF4. Gotta wait on Evo to come out stateside because I can't knife swap, got a new PS2. I'll just use that one you suggested, looks like an easy enough 80 pt.

15. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Some info that might help:

[*]when you do the d+P+K, knee, kickflip... you need to do an instant rising knee by entering [3][3] while kage is recovering from the d+P+K. That makes him go into a crouch faster than holding [2_], and you then have plenty of time to land a kickflip... even with tech rolls turned on.
    Make sure the d+P+K hits as high up as possible.

[*]BMF's combo is a very good reliable 80 pointer for anyone up to jacky (but it's flaky for the heavier midweights)

[*]An equally reliable combo is start with an instant knee --> P --> P --> f+K+G (slams them) --> dash and ground attack with df+K.

[*]The knee, d+P+K, kickflip combo does variable damage depending on how low you hit them with the kickflip. This applies even to wolf and jeffry. It's a very easy to get 80 pts on the heavies since they'll be low to the floor automatically. Against lighter opponents, you have to wait a short time before kickflipping. It's tricky to get the full 80 against aoi and pai.

16. EmpNovA

EmpNovA Well-Known Member

Yes whenever a move has to be done from the crouching position, like Kage's [2_][6]+[K], there is another of doing that move.

The way is called "modifying" the attack, so for example, you are in a standing position, but need to do a move (such as [2_][6]+[K]) from a crouching position.

Sure you could hold down and wait, but some times you need to do the move faster than that, which is when you need to "modify" the move.

When you "modify" the move, instead of holding down and waiting, you can crouch dash (in either direction, though forward is probably the better choice for the [2_]+[6]+[K]) which will put you into a crouching position.

So instead of using: [2] , [2_][6]+[K]

It would look like: [3][3][6]+[K] (or a crouching back dash: [1][1][6]+[K]).

These are all written from the 1P side incase you are wondering.

So after the [4]+[P]+[G] throw, you would be on the 2P side, and would need to enter either:

- [1][1][4]+[K]

or

- [3][3][4]+[K]

These will get the knee off in just enough time to connect with the opponent, and allow you follow up with more moves to perform a large damage combo, hope this helps.

17. OffBrandNinja

Yea, I knew about modifying, already got the Knee -> p -> p -> f +K+G -> d + k -> heel swat down. Thanks for the info on the buffer, didn't realize I could do it that way. So, thanks again.

18. KungPao

KungPao Active Member

heres some assorted lei fei stuff ive been collecting from this site and others, if anything is wrong i apologize its mostly just a compendium of stuff in a .txt

uf+K+G, D+P, <->p (timing difficult)

p+k(float a sec), f,f+k (e.t.c)

U+F K+G - K+G P+K PP (not tested this one, maybe u have to cancel from the K+G...it sounds like it might work?)

If b,f+p+k
    2-f,f+k(hold k)---->k+g, on tech roll do df,df+k+g,k+,k+g

df,df+p,p ---->f,f+k(hold k)---->k--->k+g

uf+k+g---->wait the bounce----->df,df+p,p ---->f,f+k(hold k)---->k+g.(this one is a little tricky on timing near the df,df, pp)

If any of these are obsolete because of tech rolling, e.,t.c...I really aplogize, I just didnt see any good lei fei combos (all the same except)

b+p MC follow ups
    ------------------------------
    p+kpp

back turned follow ups (for front faced TR traps)
    --------------------------------
    d+p+k+g ~ p+k ~ ff+k(hold) ~ k ~ k+g (93 damage i think)

I searched alot on the forum for some good ones, and since everyone should use this to find some of those "cool rare combos u havent tried yet" I definitely had to contribute! GG'Z!

19. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Hey kung, thanks for tossing those in, though I was originally shooting for just the combos that did the best possible damage.

Keep experimenting.

20. KungPao

KungPao Active Member

sorry bout that, I just wanna add one more...

2 Near Wall Combos for alot of damage

: f,f+P, (wait sec), uf+K, b,P+P, d,K+G
    I think Shaolin Tao came up with
    Hai shiki:p,P+K, d,df,f,P+K, b,P,P