1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 Ultimate Combo Guide... a Challenge

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Llanfair, Sep 24, 2002.

1. THE_INFORCER

THE_INFORCER Member

Well I am new to vfdc but not to vf4 hey for GOH what is his most dmging combo sorry fi there is another thread for this but i am at school. What about Brads most dmg combo.
    \
    thanx
    INFORCER OUT /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

hey, goh's got tons of damage, it depends on whether we're talking guaranteed damage, hard to get out of damage, or just plain damage.

For the money, I think goh's most damaging combo is
    knee --> floating uppercut --> P --> f+P,P

By itself it's 88 points. What you get next depends on what they do. If they tech roll or quick rise, no more damage is possible. If they screw up, you can get a guaranteed df+P ground attack (brings damage up to 100) and if you want to gamble, you can try a d+P+G or df+P+G ground throw. They have to guess which ground throw direction you'll use, and if they guess wrong they eat 30 points. That brings damage up to 118 pts. Ouch. Worse yet, if they eat the ground throw, a df+P ground attack often hits. If they don't get out of that, you have 130 points.

If you have a wall, goh can do a fully charged charge attack, knock you into the wall (which staggers you) ... then go into b,f+P+K (which is hard to get out of and crumples you) ... then combo from there into d+P --> shoulder ram (which bounces you off the wall) ... and from there he can do a guaranteed ground punch or ground throw.

If you get lucky and it all hits, and the opponent was lame enough to take the charge attack as a major counter, the damage is 148 points.

PS: I dunno anything for brad, sorry /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. Nashi

Nashi Well-Known Member

I usually use the noobie and cheap tactic: [4][6]+[P]+[K],[2]+[P],[4][6]+[K], and then a ground throw with goh. It never works against a good opponent because he'll probably tr or qr..though it damages a lil'lot. Something like 100+ I think..

MY fav combo with akira which I ALWAYS use: Knee, m-Shlrm, Knee, m-dblpm. I'm not sure about weights nor foot position. But i know it's a good combo. Note: I do it "always" because i'm used to pull off knees. No big deal..
    I think Youhou, Knee, Knee, m-dblpm works too. Again, i'm not sure.. (btw, it's easier to pull of two consecutive knees, than two separate ones).

Stay cool.

4. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

/arg - wtf is wrong with people?

You're on crack.

Both of those Akira combos are not possible. Nice try, but anyone with half a brain and an ounce of experience with Akira knows straight up that you're full of shit.

<font color="yellow">.cheers.</font>

5. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    How is [4][6][P]+[K], [2][P], [4][6][K] a "cheap noob" tactic? Have you seen how slow [4][6][P]+[K] is? It isn't like you can spam it without getting owned. A cheaper tactic would be [K],[K],[K],[K],[K],[K]........

<sarcasm> Good job on the Akira combos too, I'll be sure to start using those in every fight /versus/images/graemlins/smirk.gif </sarcasm>

6. Nashi

Nashi Well-Known Member

Not cheap then. Noobie because it can be easily cut off with a tr or qr. Llan, first, don't be rude. Second, The first one works. The second I wasn't sure. I won't comment anymore, as I'm not here to argue. Keep your flaming comments to your friends. Peace out.

7. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Rudeness aside - I don't believe the first combo exists.

Just to be clear, the combo in question is: Knee -> m-ShRm -> Knee -> m-Dbpm.

I'll tell you why I don't believe you. First off, I have been trying to do Knee -> P -> Knee -> m-Dbpm since VF4 Version B in the arcades. The combo is just not possible without a wall. So, the chances of replacing the Punch with a Shoulder Ram and have the combo work is just a huge: no way.

Secondly, have you ever seen this combo performed in a Daioh vid? How bout Shinz's Akira combo video from TbZone? No, you haven't. Why? Because you can't.

I am more than confident that this combo is not possible. I will however, completely eat my words should you produce a video clip of this combo. Otherwise, my stance stays - I think it's bullshit.

<font color="yellow">.cheers.</font>

8. L33

L33 Well-Known Member

chill. we're friends. dont hate. nice Goh combos BTW. cept i dont think i'll ever try the charged combo attack lol. too risky.