1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

'VF4 unveiling' questions

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by uk_kid, Feb 13, 2001.

1. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

most of us are waiting for that aou show, but what will we actually get other than text details of the footage shown at the show? will the actual footage be posted on the net within just a few days or what? what are we expecting? can anyone remember how long it was between the video of vf3 being shown to when it was posted on the net? i know this is asking a lot of people's memories :D

on a slightly different subject:
    one thing that disappointed/confused me about that suzuki interview (jan 31, famitsu) is that yu said that he hasn't even decided how many new characters there'll be yet! does this mean am2 has yet to include any?! does it mean that they have completed some new characters, but may add more? what does everyone think?

- phil

2. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

vf3 was first shown at aou 96 with a few non playable video demonstrations. you can see the same videos on the dreamcast version.

3. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    IMO, it's pretty much guaranteed that movies will be posted reasonably fast on the major gaming sites, especially those (if any?) who'll have representatives at the show. I don't remember waiting all that long for the first VF3 movies either, and times/technology have changed since then.

It's getting awfully close isn't it?

4. nascarbryant

nascarbryant Well-Known Member

I have an old interview with Yu suzuki where he said that they began with 3-4 new Characters in VF3, but at the end they did choose Taka and AOI,I think they will keep a similar procedure in VF4. I wonder if they keep the magic formula with 2 new characters. In 96 first they only showed Aoi and taka was introduced later...not in the Aou, maybe they will do the same thing to keep interest high till the launch, sort of MetalGear2,GranTurismo3-Tactics, show every week some new screenshots and new info..

P.S I hope that the dodge button stays there....

5. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

"In 96 first they only showed Aoi and taka was introduced later...not in the Aou".

- are you sure about this?

6. Mr. Bungle

he's off his rocker; take my word on the dc videos in history mode (excluding the promo movie with all the characters).

7. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Personally, I hope they put in at least 4 new characters...at least..and new costumes and little things like that..fuck it..does not add to gameplay, but gives you some nice eye candy.

"Victory can be anticipated, but not assured" Sun-Tzu

8. nascarbryant

Yes absolutley, i still have all reports(a lot,CVG,Joypad france,playerone...) including pictures , there was now Taka, taka was shown later (maybe 1 month ore more) I have a picture where Yu suzuki with microphone presents taka (he holds a poster with a picture of taka on it)...the taka Movie you see on the DC-demo wasn't shown in the mytical Aou demo in 96...

P.S The reports were very accurate if you want i can put/ write them in here, the reports in the CVG-magazine were very accurate they even sent someone to a test session(2-3 months before release) he discribes one stage that didn't make it in the final version.......problem my reports(mon classeur) are in zurich(during holydays i'm not there) so you have to wait till the 14 march. I also remember that only a few characters were shown preforming in real time off the model 3 board (5 or 6)

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by nascarbryant on 2/14/01 06:49 PM.</FONT></P>

9. nascarbryant

no my friend, even if you are an autority in VF and posses 400Mb of Vf-Data, I'm not mad....

10. Guest

Guest Guest

As you can see in the DC-History Demo, Takas-FMV appearence doesn't fit with the rest oft the demos. All reports of the magazines do show pictures from the original demo (aoi,lau, pai, jacky,jeffrey,Dural) no taka there. I also remember an interview from Yu before the aou 1996 there he talked very openhartedly about two new characters he said the game would have a japanese background(vf2 chinese), he said there would be a girl preforming aikido(not aiki jujutsu) and a guy a fatso(he didn't mention sumo).

P.S I like sumo a lot do you watch sumo on eurosport(tomorow and the next three days),sad thing that the most interesting fighter(tecnicaly) had to resign; yokozuna wakanohana brother of takanohana he never should have become yokuzuna.

greetings

11. Mr. Bungle

i forgot the taka one. yes, i agree that the taka demo was not in aou 96. and i mis-read your original post; i thought you said aoi was the only one shown.

12. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

I think the most we need to wait is one or two dayz.
    Improving technology...PS2....VF4...
    It'll be really quick.

Then again, all we do is 'whooooo ahhhhhhh' at the graphics, and try to understand the crappy filtered info online, cause most of those English gamming journalist do not understand Vf anyway.

<font color=blue>SummErs' 'mibu's lone wolf'