1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 v.s T4: price-war

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by nascarbryant, Jul 11, 2001.

1. nascarbryant

nascarbryant Well-Known Member

1.I would like to know how big is the difference between a Vf4 naomi 2 board + UPR(not deluxe) Naomi cabinet v.s T4 cabinet.

2. The difference between the boards only( VF4 naomi 2 board v.s T4 System 246 Board)

Is it true that the naomi 2 board costs the double of the T4 board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's important for the Arcade-scene here in puny switzerland. because T4 already has abig reputation advantage, the game will also lauch earlier, and if it's even much cheaper things don't look good here.........

When I was CEO of an Arcade in zurich(part time job during study). I tried EVERYTHING(systematically) to make VF3 go well( half Price, 5 Fights per Round,very esay,Explain Gameplay mechanics, "start with Pai,Sarah,Lau,Jacky don't chose Akira").but nothing worked. though people were impressed when they saw me playing(preforming spectacular moves with every fighter).................there were 5 to 10 players 2-3 were quite good..........but that wasn't enough, the board was sent to England and transformed into a VS2 board ...........fuckkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!

2. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

CEO?

whoa whoa whoa....I had to read that again.

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

When I was CEO of an Arcade in zurich

<hr></blockquote>

Zurich arcades have Chief Executive Officers?? Quite the corporate structure y'got going there.

Are the players who religiously pump coins into the machines night after night considered to be your CFOs? /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

cheers,

<font color=white>Llanfair</font color=white>
    <font color=orange>Booyah daddy mac! I'm stylin!</font color=orange>

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Re: CEO?

Sorry Llanfair but speaking 5 different languages isn't so easy, so sometimes i choose a word in a hurry. Well you know what i mean chief in charge of a puny Arcade, okay im not peter moore or hiroshi Yamauchi or Howard Lincoln .....
    Today i've played Spikeout....T4 has got steve Fox(Boxing), spike would be a great addition for VF5 :D Tenshin too.....

hehehe

well if i graduate im psychology , economy and law maybe soon i'll be a CEO of a bank or a chesse/chocolate factory....

other info; as spotlite told us there are loading times; this is a naomi 2 board with GD Rom drive, i think T4 uses normal ROM memory chips. This should be a little price advantage for VF4...........

4. GeeseHoward

GeeseHoward Active Member

Re: CEO?

Don't forget that T4 now doubt has sweet FA in regards to texture detail and poly models in comparison with VF4. I doubt the game weighs in at more than 180MB. Also, it would interesting to understand the RAM config of the board. Does it use ROM or RAM?
    Either way, I can't imagine Namco charging too much for what is essentially an ugly, retarded game.

5. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Here ya go...This is the price without the cabinet of course...

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.coremagazine.com/news/4501.php3>http://www.coremagazine.com/news/4501.php3</A>

[​IMG]

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Then coremagazine was right, the n2-board is twice as expensive as the cheap system 246 board hmmmm. Don't think that was a smart decission. Remembers me, the old model times were Sega had very expensive boards...