1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4 version A/B+sarah questions

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by marcel, Dec 26, 2001.

1. marcel

marcel Well-Known Member

Whats the difference between version A and version B of VF4. ANd does each fighter have 2 costumes. And who here likes Sarah. I do, is she a good player in VF4?I have heard some combos have been tuned down to be more fair as far as damage. Sarah's kickflip was always a little cheap but fun to do. Does it still cause a lot of damage?

2. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Version A is the test version. Someone else would have to give details between it and ver B. I don't think Vanessa was in ver A. (not sure...)

All the characters have 2 outfits, same as it's always been. In Japan, they have VFnet, and as a player's ranking increases, you get a different palette swap of colors with the outfits. VFnet also offers items like masks and shin guards to accessorize with if you have a winning record, and goofy stuff like bunnies and squirrels that sit on your shoulder if you start losing a lot. This has all been talked about a lot already. Use the "Search Forum" box above the index.

There's a Sarah Combos thread that has basically gone full circle starting with combos --> discussing flamingo stance --> discussing hit throws --> back to combos. Just read that thread and you'll know who likes Sarah on this forum /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Float combos are toned down. You don't do much damage while you're hitting someone in the air in VF4. Many attacks don't do as much damage either. Stand alone kickflips are down to 38 pts of damage. They used to be 60 pts in VF2. Akira's SPoD does less damage too. Click on the graphic in my sig to get to virtuaproject, and you'll be able to compare the same moves across the earlier versions of the game with VF4's damage. You might be surprised at what you find. Akira's double palm and body check are probably the biggest 2 hitting attacks right now. At least that I can think of off the top of my head... and not including attacks that can be charged.

Another thing new in VF4 is that most sweeps do not knock down now. They trip up the opponent when they hit, but then they stand up again, and the disadvantage after getting hit by a sweep isn't that bad. A high/low punch will beat many things that the sweeper might try afterwards. Also, the Chan's PPPKickflip combo doesn't knockdown anymore.

Marcel, I know you're very enthusiastic about VF4 right now, or maybe just bored after the Christmas high (like I'm bored at work right now/versus/images/icons/wink.gif) but a lot of your questions have been talked about before at length on this forum. What you should do is scroll back to mid-August or the beginning of September and read from then to the present. That's basically all we know about VF4 to date. Most ppl consider asking lots of questions, most of which can be answered on your own with a little research, one after the other like this as spamming the board, and it's frowned upon. If you see something in an old thread that you're confused about, however, please do ask a question about it.

3. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Just a small correction

Version A is not the test version...Version A was the version that was released on August... Version B was then released in September...

Main differences are some combos that can be done in Ver A cannot be done in Ver B...float changes etc etc

Test version indeed does not include Vanessa~