1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4! Will you persevere!

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Guest, Apr 17, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

So when VF4 comes out if it has a large learning curve ans takes the same time to master as VF3 will you persevere and try to learn/master the game?

Second question, did VF2 ever hit a wall when it came to strategy?

CrewNYC

2. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Q1) yes...I wouldn't expect anything less

Q2) can't help u there...did not get into VF2

<font color=red>SummErs' 'enemy SPODED, enemy DOWN'

3. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

I sure as hell hope it has a deep learning curve..hell, I hope we have to relearn a bunch of stuff...would set the playing field back to neutral in some ways.
    VF2 hit a wall in strategy...hmm...I don't think so.....

"Victory can be anticipated, but not assured" Sun-Tzu

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Yes, VF2 hit a wall in terms of strategy, when people started to use a `fuzzy guard.` This is not the one, where you do d K and then cancel the motion and defend. It is more sophisticated. For example, if you are playing Akira and do f, f P (or f, f, f P), and if it is defended, you input crounching dash and then stand and defend. Since it was possible to be in a crounching position instantaneously in VF2, if you do it, then whether the opponent tries to grab you or use high or mid- attacks, it does not work. The only thing you can do is low-attacks including low thorws. This destroyed the whole puropose of the game. It was the game of guessing mid-attacks or throws. However, by doing this fuzzy guard, you can avoind both. Some of the characters don't have any good low attacks or low throw, and they can not do much against Akira even when they defend his elbow. This is why Sega made changes in crouching dash in VF3. In VF3, it takes 6 frames to be in a crouching position, even if you do crouching dash. Of course, it does not mean there's absolutely nothing you can do in such a situation in VF2, but it did destroy the purpose of the game.

HIRO