1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

~vf4 wolf~

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by BK__, Nov 29, 2001.

1. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

i was testing out my star player yesterday (other than akira for once), i'll just share a couple of combos i found out since i'm in a "non-negative towards vf4 mood" today...(^_^)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1> there is one particular combo which you can only do against aoi/pai/sarah in vf3, but it is now being approved for everyone in vf4 ..

~b+p (knock down), f+K, b,f+p+K, d+k, ~

quite simple, but looks cool, it actually drains damage and surprisingly hard to tech out of it (don't ask me why)

2> simple air juggle and nothing new really, but you can link into a floor juggle...

~b,f+P+K (counter hit is recommended) half circle backwards+p,p, b,f+p+k (on the floor bounce)~

3> simple 3 hits without a launch (used in tight situations) if your opponent ducks this, make sure you SLAM P+G as people tend to try and grab you with the reaction ..... just a helpful hint..

~half circle+p,p, d/f+P+K or d,k,k~

4>stumble move in to any throw, this is effective as wolf's throws can be extremely deadly

~f+k+g (stun)>> grab (prefably f+P+G into a throw position)~

5> an effective way of wall throwing..

you can either start this with a f+P+G, into a f/d+p+g on the stumble into a wall, then CD forward into a d/f+P+G wall throw..

or....

b,f+p+k to barge them over(near a wall), d+P+K(pick them up), CD into a wall throw (d/f+P+G) ~ i found this one more effective

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*analysis*

these are very similar to vf3 techniques, but altered slightly *what can i say, , i'm a 17yr old, old timer...(^_^)*

i also found that his new giant swing intercception is not as powerful as his standard one, but still good nether the less

wolf has gotten swifter as CDing is easier to do in vf4 and this can follow up into some cool throws, and i perfer that his cloths-line has gone back to vf2 with the f,f+P motion

*question*

what is his new mid-kick stomp into a throw move? is it b+K+G, p+g?
    because i tried it and it did'nt come out.... it looks cool though

~enjoy your read~

2. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

no replies?? i won't bother next time...

(-_-) (-_-)

3. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

Good info.
    thank you,
    Since i still havent picked a character for 4, I'll try these things out.
    so please bother.

4. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

what is his new mid-kick stomp into a throw move? is it b+K+G, p+g?
    because i tried it and it did'nt come out.... it looks cool though

Yes, that's right. You may need to work on the timing, so practice it.

Happy now?/versus/images/icons/smile.gif/versus/images/icons/frown.gif/versus/images/icons/crazy.gif/versus/images/icons/laugh.gif/versus/images/icons/tongue.gif/versus/images/icons/shocked.gif/versus/images/icons/mad.gif/versus/images/icons/smile.gif/versus/images/icons/blush.gif/versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

5. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

well, i suppose i am happy since got SOME feed back,

and........

i even got my question answered...(^_^)....about timing though, would you have to slam p+g before the kick connects or just as you hit the opponent??

6. MrWhite

MrWhite Well-Known Member

The heavy toe kick | b+K+G | into the neck buster | P+G | has to be on a counter stance position with opponent to work.

7. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

I think what you're saying is that the kick must connect as a minor counter to work. This is what I've heard. I don't know if it will work if it interrupts the opponent's attack, but it definitely succeeds if the opponent missed an attack and you punish it.

8. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

You guys sure? There were a bunch of guys trying to get it to work (we need a name for this hit throw) against CPU Lion, and it connected a bunch of times. The CPU Lion usually does nothing, so it seemed like it worked on normal hit.

9. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

That's because CPU Lion is set up such that every hit is a MC.

10. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

mann, that sounds really annoying to pull off..

11. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

Wolf's b+K+G!P+G hit throw doesn't require a counter hit. It can be done off of a normal hit. Llany and I tested various hit throws and the Black Book seems to be correct for them (i.e. it says that Wolf's b+K+G!P+G, and Aoi's b,f+P!P+G hit throws don't require counter hits, and based on our testing it's true).

cheers,
    kbcat

12. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

Good to know,....now does anyone know the timing?

13. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

That's a very interesting piece of FYI. You mean minor counter right? It can't be major counter, since I don't see the yellow for every hit and because some of the MC-only stuff doesn't happen often against CPU Lion.

14. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Unsure if it's MC or mC, but against CPU Lion and Lei Fei, I can get floats off moves that normally don't float unless it's a counter...

15. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

i agree with jerkey, i really dont know how this technique should be pulled off in terms of timing as it didnt come out!!

also, akira's new DLC - like combo didnt work for me either,
    AND i have'nt managed to even pull off the SPoD in VF4 yet!

am i doing some thing wrong here??... has the reaction time changed or something??

16. MrWhite

MrWhite Well-Known Member

The DLC is slow..the SPoD is quick. Thats the timing. You'll know what I mean when you pull it off regularly. As for Wolf's heavy toe|neck buster, Im convinced it has to do with the relation betwen both of the character's stances.

17. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Just in case you didn't know, the bodycheck in the SPOD is executed with P+G instead of P+K!

Probably obvious, but I forgot the first time I played Akira. I was like, WTF?!?!?! I can't even get 2/3s SPOD?! !@#$&^@$%

18. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Wolf's hit throw has nothing to do with mC, MC, etc. It also has nothing to do with stance. It has everything to do with timing. You can get it off of any hit type, be it normal, mC, etc. You can get it from far away and up close. The key is timing.

cheers,

19. Jerky

Jerky Well-Known Member

This from what I read is what I'm understanding, but....when do you hit P+G?

20. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    hit throw timing

Buried somewhere in the Sarah Combos thread you'll find a few posts regarding the timing on hit throws. Look it up for more information.

With hit-throws in VF4, you enter the throw command during the hit. If the attack is fast in execution, the be prepared to enter the throw quickly. If it's slow, then delay as necessary. I think the only exception to this rule is Jeffry's TKoD (Toe kick - Splash Mountain) where you enter the throw command after the hit. In particular, just as the opponent recovers from the hit.