1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4FT Location Test Impressions

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by sekaijin, Apr 30, 2004.

1. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

Re: more infor on FT( Akira's got owned hardcore)

Dbl palm is overrated.

2. supergolden

supergolden Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

Personally I'd rather they give him slight disadv on [4][6][P]+[K] instead of increasing the recovery on his doublepalm... I mean watching people play, I see many times when the thing goes unpunished (I know I don't always punish it even though I know I should with Jacky do [3][P][P][P])... I don't tihnk all of a sudden people are going to start doing huge moves to punish it (out of bad habits) but I could be wrong...

-Alex

3. GKaizerZero

GKaizerZero Well-Known Member

i can understand your frustration with Akira. he's whooped me senseless many a time. as long as there're no hard feelings tween us it's all good. and if i have to complain about anybody, it'd be Sarah and her bloody flamingo. i hates it...

4. Aeon

Aeon Well-Known Member

Akira, Kage... pfft. All the rest of those guys you could set on fire as far as i'm concerned... but Jeff with 4 new throws, including a pick-up throw, an air throw, and a ground throw that causes damage... now THAT's what i'm talkin bout.

Thank you, AM2!

Now i just gotta sit and wait another 9 months for the home release.

5. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Quite important question.

Just need to get something confirmed. At first Maddy said

[ QUOTE ]

*Overall

The game feels a bit slower than Evo.

[/ QUOTE ]

But since then it's been said it feels abit faster. Which one is it and can someone describe (have read somehow) how?

/KiwE

6. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

Re: Quite important question.

it's kinda faster, but....like, slower, y'know?

7. Bu_Jessoom

Bu_Jessoom Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    maddy said:

Dbl palm is overrated.

[/ QUOTE ]

*lol* I better start programming my mind to believe that man /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif. It's easy to take people off-guard with the dblpm. I will miss it.

As for the SDE, maybe am one of the few Akira players that don't give a damn about it? I didn't actually use it THAT much before, so now it will just take me a bit of effort to learn what do do after a blocked one.

I am wondering what that new [3][3]+[P]+[K] move looks like. Also, I don't think I understood how followups to DE work; is it something like the fast followup of the sglpm?

It would be funny to hear what people who complained about Akira getting a new Sabaki (and Kege's new moves) when the first footage was shown have to say now. I guess we could call the game more balanced now /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

8. Dandy_J

[ QUOTE ]
    maddy said:
    Dbl palm is overrated.

[/ QUOTE ]

maddy is the truth

9. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC

agree double palm overrated...

pigeon kick needs to be toned down more than byakko imo (please don't let this happen, Sega!).

10. Dandy_J

Here is a cool site that was posted on VF4BBS:

http://www.nikujaga.fromc.jp/

Click on the upper left link that says "FT (Kanji)", it's a big list of Kage FT info.

Edit: Some info off the site -

One new FT followup for TFT is: [2]+[P]+[K], [P], [6][2][3]+[P]+[K][P][K][K].

[4]+[P]+[G] looks similar to TFT, but Kage just tosses them back (I'm assuming it looks similar to Ryu's HK throw in Street Fighter).

The command for [2][3][6]+[K] has been changed to [2][3][6]+[K]+[G] so that the command doesn't conflict with [2_]+[6]+[K].

Edit: and then there is this paragraph (babelfish'd)

"The case of counter hit effect color becoming red, it increased. However, there was also an effect other than red, we would like to see being, details still have not been ascertained"

does that mean there may be another new type of counter hit in addition to the red counter?

11. Ogi

Ogi Well-Known Member

Thanks for the site and the info Dandy_J!!
    /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

btw: they got all tactics Kage vs every char (even every moves) in Evo!! /versus/images/graemlins/shocked.gif which is very very usefull!!
    thx again!

PS: i can' t remember very well, i think i post this site before, maybe the name of this site has been change. I post this in the thread: Kages combo!

12. Dandy_J

Yo happy birthday Ogi /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

There is some more stuff about yellow/red counter hits in post 357 here:

http://www.vfbbs.net/vf4bbs/test/read.cgi/vf4/083214769/l50

I couldn't really tell what it said from babelfish. Something concerning P and 2P causing/not causing/being red countered/not being red countered /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif

13. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Well what system is it on??

When there was just the shite FT short movie being passed around people where speculating if it was on the naomiboard or the chichiro board; hasn't there been any update / confirmation of those who have actually seen the cabinet etc as of which system this is running on?

/KiwE (Your curious, friendly neighbour).

14. Raptor1017

Raptor1017 Well-Known Member

New moves

I was really hoping that Pai's [4][6][P]+[G] and [6][4][P]+[G] would be returned to their VF4 days. I guess it's about time i give up that hope. And i really hope her [6][P]+[G] isn't changed too much, because aestetically that is my favorite throw.

15. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

Re: Well what system is it on??

[ QUOTE ]
    KiwE said:

When there was just the shite FT short movie being passed around people where speculating if it was on the naomiboard or the chichiro board; hasn't there been any update / confirmation of those who have actually seen the cabinet etc as of which system this is running on?

/KiwE (Your curious, friendly neighbour).

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd guess that since there's no word about the system, there has been no change on that. Otherwise, there'd been lots of comments about it. Of course, I could be wrong.

-maddy-

16. Cupcake_Desu

Cupcake_Desu Well-Known Member

Re: Well what system is it on??

nice to see pai seems to be getting some new interesting moves. Is her 1[K], alot slower or marginally slower. Plus what are her new moves like, any launchers???
    Also great to see vanessa can change stances before battle as i much prefer her OS

17. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Man, I gotta show up here more often. Did anyone make it to the beta test besides Mukatsuku? If you can believe it or not, I spent the day it started getting plowed. I even swung by my usual spot, to find the VF gang pounding beers upstairs. As I'm leaving soon, they say I might as well give up VF now, as there's no point in pouring tons of 100-yen coins into Final Tuned just to play it for a month. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

18. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    GaijinPunch said:
    As I'm leaving soon, they say I might as well give up VF now, as there's no point in pouring tons of 100-yen coins into Final Tuned just to play it for a month. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, a month of a new VF game. In Japan. What a waste of time /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Just having the choice of playing it once - many would trade places pretty quickly with you I would think.

<font color="yellow">.cheers.</font>

19. Ecchi

Ecchi Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Aeon said:

Akira, Kage... pfft. All the rest of those guys you could set on fire as far as i'm concerned... but Jeff with 4 new throws, including a pick-up throw, an air throw, and a ground throw that causes damage... now THAT's what i'm talkin bout.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess that goes to show how many Jeff fans there are, eh? =D I'm fairly new to VF4, but this is great news for me, since Jeff is my main character ATM. I've been playing long enough to know how significant those changes are, essentially. Looks awesome. =)

20. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

there any word of this games release...it was not even featured at E3