1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4FT Location Test Impressions

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by sekaijin, Apr 30, 2004.

1. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Re: more infor on FT( Akira's got owned hardcore)

I heard word from a source very close to AM2 who shall remain nameless during E3... that a tweaked version will be showing at an arcade exhibition later this month, and a full version released late summer.

Of course it wasn't shown at E3, because E3's all about consumer games, not arcade stuff. Namco was hyping the fact that Tekken 5 would be on PS2 more than its arcade release, after all.

2. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Poor excuse, arcade games have been rolled out before at E3....not to mention you think sega would want to start the hype machine early...oh wait, who are we kidding..this is sega the "we could give a rats ass about any place other than japan" CO.

3. Kimble

Kimble Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Dandy_J said:

[ QUOTE ]
    maddy said:
    Dbl palm is overrated.

[/ QUOTE ]

maddy is the truth

[/ QUOTE ]

What's this "dblpalm is overrated" BS? If the palm is overrated you might as well say Akira is overrated.

4. pkg_inc

pkg_inc Well-Known Member

Re: FT on PS2?

has there been any confirmation if FT is coming out on a console, and if so, the PS2?

5. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Kimble said:

What's this "dblpalm is overrated" BS? If the palm is overrated you might as well say Akira is overrated.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was partially a reply on what the people said about dbl palm in this thread. If you read those carefully again, you might see what I meant.

Also, I don't know what character you use, but play as Akira against a good Lau/Lion/Pai in Evo and see if dbl palm is as abusable as someone might think it is because one wrong use of dbl palm=around 60 points of garanteed damage.

6. Kimble

Kimble Well-Known Member

It was partially a reply on what the people said about dbl palm in this thread. If you read those carefully again, you might see what I meant.

Also, I don't know what character you use, but play as Akira against a good Lau/Lion/Pai in Evo and see if dbl palm is as abusable as someone might think it is because one wrong use of dbl palm=around 60 points of garanteed damage.

[/ QUOTE ]

I started with Lei Fei and now i play some Akira and other characters. Dblpalm is powerful not because of its damage but its ability to beat any move in the game at 12 frame speed. It's definitely punishable but in the hands of a good player, you won't even see it coming. You can do a fair amount of damage if the palm pushes your opponent to a wall (and that happens a lot as we all know).

Check out the FT Yaoichi(Akira) vs Zorenon(Lei-Fei) vid and you tell me how many palms he used in those rounds. It's not a no risk move but definitely the best move in the game imo. The Sega dudes apparently saw too many dblpalms that they decided to change things a bit. Akira is simply an overpowered character and he needs to be toned down. Don't you think?

7. Kimble

Kimble Well-Known Member

No confirmation for FT on any console yet. I found some news on this website before but apparently it was fake.

8. Ecchi

Ecchi Well-Known Member

I'm sure word will come down soon enough. Come on... VF4E was so friggin' popular in Japan, they'd be ludicrous not to have FT on PS2. The only question is... when will it be available in English. 0_o

9. Gorbag

Gorbag Active Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Kimble said:No confirmation for FT on any console yet. I found some news on this website before but apparently it was fake.

[/ QUOTE ]
    And no presentation at the E3 either. Not a sigle word or screen. My point of view is that we wont have any console version till next year.

Also it's interesting to hear about concurance like Tekken and Dead or alive. What may Sega stategy be front of this games? Dead or Alive may look better with the "3D stage" (personnaly I'm fed up of this square rounds, VF3 was so great) and also DoA will have internet challenge. About Tekken I guess they will look like being 2 versions late as ever (and still not technical and balanced).

I fear all I can do is play my evo version on PS2 and become champion with all characters. I realy doubt anything good will come on console soon.

Gorbag

10. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Sega needs money...I will go on the record now as saying it will at least be released in Japan on PS2.

11. Throwmasta

Throwmasta Well-Known Member

Screw the DBPLM /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Shining Wizard... escapable!!? WTF!! Yeah, being able to punish scrubby bastards who abuse low [P] by making them pay for it with 66-70dmg made Wolf way too powerful! For crying out loud, it's a reversal, followed by a moderately difficult hit-throw! Although I don't really perceive it as being a major change, I think Sega was bored, and really couldn't think of anything else to take away from Wolf.

12. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

Why don't you just wait to see what effect the shining wizard reversal has on the game before you judge it?

For all we know, it may add greatly to the guessing game in Wolf's favour. For example, you may be able to entice a reversal attempt and instead opt to do a shoulder for a nice combo.

13. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

I think we had this conversation before. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

14. EmX

EmX Well-Known Member

Myke, that's just silly. Giving the opponent a 50/50 guessing game instead of guaranteed damage hurts Wolf no matter what. It certainly makes it more interesting, though.

I'm not so sure why Sega is doing this... Wolf isn't really the most accessible character right now. Maybe it has something to do with his new moves, or just the way Final Tuned will pan out as a whole.

100th post, BITCHES!!

15. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Nandeska?!!

[ QUOTE ]
    Brad:
    46P+G has a worse recovery on escape.

PPPKK:
    3 Punches followed by two knees. Air combo purpose?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm? Any more info on pppkk?? Or was that a misstype cause I've never heard of it prior to now (can't believe I missed it upon reading the post up to this point either!) /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/KiwE

16. Throwmasta

Throwmasta Well-Known Member

"Myke, that's just silly. Giving the opponent a 50/50 guessing game instead of guaranteed damage hurts Wolf no matter what."

I agree, especially when it is good guaranteed dmg for punishing an overly abused, scrubby move...

17. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

[ QUOTE ]
    EmX said:

Myke, that's just silly. Giving the opponent a 50/50 guessing game instead of guaranteed damage hurts Wolf no matter what. It certainly makes it more interesting, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that's just it.. it makes it more interesting and potentially more rewarding, which is a priority I think AM2 has over issues such as giving a character more free damage/followups, or necessarily making a character easier to be competitive with or accessible.

Imagine a situation where Wolf forgoes a Shining Wizard and instead does the new FT spinning chop, which (maybe) MCs their reversal attempt, and then into back catch. That's a huge damage payoff right there. And it kinda falls in line with Wolf's playing style with the heavy emphasis on the setup -- things like stumble situations, RAW reversals, etc.

Another way to look at it is to ask how boring would Lion's catch throw be if he didn't have all those options available to him, none of which are guaranteed?

18. Re: FT on PS2?

[ QUOTE ]
    Myke said :

Imagine a situation where Wolf forgoes a Shining Wizard and instead does the new FT spinning chop, which (maybe) MCs their reversal attempt, and then into back catch. That's a huge damage payoff right there. And it kinda falls in line with Wolf's playing style with the heavy emphasis on the setup -- things like stumble situations, RAW reversals, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

FT Back Chop into back catch, push, shoulder and follow up to shoulder.

No, no, that's no good. /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I originally thought that the now-escapable Shining Wizard was going to hurt Wolf more, but the more I look at the whole picture in my n00bish eyes, the more I realize that it'll help Wolf more than hinder him. Sure, people'll be able to escape predictable SWs, but they can't escape what they don't see coming.

19. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Garanteed dmg > potenial mindgames.

/KiwE

20. Re: FT on PS2?

I guess we'll see when FT makes its way over here then, but at the moment, I prefer the possible mind games to guaranteed damage.