1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4fx FTP server is back online!

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by feixaq, Feb 21, 2002.

1. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Installed the new hard drive, WinXP, remote desktop, and FTP server software yesterday. Found out that my old HD was completely trashed, so I had to lug my server home to synchronize the VF4 movies with my home PC, and lug it back to the office this morning.

Special thanks to CreeD for introducing me to Serv-U, which is a much better app than Jgaa's WarFTP Daemon I was using in the past. Hopefully this should resolve uploading issues.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record...

1. Although there is a web-based front-end for downloading movies at VF4fx, the recommended way to logon to the server is via an FTP client like WS_FTP or CuteFTP. Use anonymous login and point your FTP client to 63.64.84.184

2. A total of 7 concurrent anonymous users can be logged into the system at any given point in time. If you are using the web based interface and see a "File not found" or similar error, it's because the server is full. Best to use an FTP client to autoretry login once every 30 seconds.

3. Do NOT try to hammer the FTP server by setting autoretry login to every second or something equally annoying. This just makes downloads slower for everyone and takes up unnecessary sockets. To prevent FTP hammering, I have set the server to temp-ban any FTP client that autoretries more than 5 times in 30 seconds for 5 minutes.

4. My server has 384kbps max upstream. This translates to 48kb/sec. Upstream bandwidth is shared among all 7 anonymous users. If I could colocate my FTP server on an OC-48 backbone, I would, but I don't have that option, so deal with it!

Happy leeching! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

-- Chris