1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF4fx FTP server is temporarily down

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by feixaq, Feb 14, 2002.

1. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

The HDD on my FTP server crashed hard, and I tried to reformat, but it's incredibly slow, so I'm guessing the drive mechanism is shot to hell after serving all the VF4 movie clips since last August. I just placed an order for a new HDD which should come in early next week, so the server will be down till then.

2. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

damn that sucks. i'm getting cable today too. /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

3. Ura_Bhan

Ura_Bhan Member

Even before the HDD crash i couldn't download stuff, are those files still there?

-----(RESPEK)-----

4. Cappo

Cappo Well-Known Member

I hope they are :meh:

5. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Got my new HDD today. Should be able to install O/S and FTP server software and remote login software by tomorrow. Movies should still be there (I hope), otherwise it might take an extra day for me to bring my FTP server back home and synchronize all 7GB of VF4 files with my home PC.

The reason why you might be unable to download files from VF4fx in the past is because I set my FTP server to allow a maximum of 7 concurrent anonymous (i.e. web-based) users, and the server is always very busy. Why 7? Because I can only allot 384kbps of upstream bandwidth to the server at my work location (any more and it would detract from the bandwidth required for work-related network operations), and if you allow unlimited anonymous logins, then each person could only download at incredibly slow rates, so I'd sooner have 7 clients downloading at reasonable speeds.

(Nonetheless, even with the bandwidth limitation, I think I've served ½ Terabytes worth of files since last August... probably why my old HDD crashed in the end).

My recommendation is to use an FTP client like WSFTP or CuteFTP to retry login every 30seconds to 63.64.84.184 (rather than using the web interface), and once you're logged in, go ahead and leech whatever files you want from the server.