1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5 at AOU Show

Discussion in 'General' started by GaijinPunch, Feb 24, 2006.

1. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Hey kids... long time no post. Hope everyone is doing well. I'm still not living in Japan, but as luck would have it, I was on an excurision during the AOU show, and location tests at Nishispo. As such, I did get some time in with VF5. I only played as Aoi, Eileen, and a few matches with Shun. I really didn't play much FT, so am not so great on commenting on the new system changes. In fact, I didn't even know of the new escape system ([2][2] or [8][8]) until after I played, although I saw it a couple of times, and think I triggered it once.

Anyways, here's some impressions after playing the game. I also wrote a article on my overall trip to Japan which includes some thoughts on the show. At the end of the article, after some snapshots, are some video downloads, which includes footage of Pink Sweets, Exelica, and Virtua Fighter 5.

Ciao
    GP

2. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Both links go to the same article?

3. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

/versus/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /versus/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /versus/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
    It's been a while! Welcome back.

Hope to hear some new updates when you get back to Japan.

4. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Damn, I'm a moron. Here's the link to the trip, w/ the links to the videos. Videos are on the last page of the article, FYI.

The shitty thing is, there's no way I'll ever play this outside of Japan. There's like, zero arcades in Hawaii. /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif And yeah, Dre, it has been a while.

5. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Great read...and also welcome back GP!