1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5 Brad Thread

Discussion in 'Brad' started by Adio, May 14, 2006.

1. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

These are my thoughts and opinions on Brad Burns in VF5 from what I've managed to cobble together. /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Costumes: (A, B, C and D)

[​IMG]

Costume "A" is the default for <font color="red">1P</font> while costume "B" is the default for <font color="blue">2P</font>.

Costumes "C" and "D" need to be earned.

NOTE: It's strange; Brad's tattoo isn't visable while wearing his "D" costume. /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Intros: (in no known order):

1. Brad casually slips right then left then performs a middle spin kick like his <font color="red">D:</font> [K]+[G] (Middle Spin Kick). The camera slows down during the kick while he says:

<font color="red">“It’s go time...â€Â</font>

The camera resumes normal speed when Brad comes full circle and finishes the sentence with the word:

<font color="red">“Baby!â€Â</font>

While in his fighting stance.

2. Brad spins into a jumping pirouette then lands in a mock side elbow strike from his rear arm. He then extends his leading arm and points at his opponent in a flamboyant, cocksure manner, proclaiming that:

<font color="red">“The big time player is here!â€Â</font>

3. Brad spreads his hands wide and looks around as if appealing to an invisible audience and says:

<font color="red">“Presenting the Brad Show!â€Â</font>

He then turns towards his opponent, performs a "Kao Loy" (Flying Knee) and lands in his fighting stance.

Win poses: (again, in no known order):

1. Brad turns away from the camera/opponent, casually brushes off his shoulder, looks back and says:

<font color="red">“You catching some Zzzzzs down there?â€Â</font>

Before turning his gaze back to the distance again, spreading his arms open and looking upwards as if making a gesture of exasperation or dissatisfaction at the opponent.

2. Brad Performs a knee with his hind leg then an elbow with the opposite arm before pirouetting and delivering a vicious elbow with the same arm ending in a crouch and says smugly:

<font color="red">“What can I say? I’m on top!â€Â</font>

3. Brad performs a "Kao Dode" (Jumping Knee) while the camera slows down, zooms in on his knee, then resumes normal speed at the apex of the knee with all of Brad in full view. He lands half turned from the camera while pointing directly at the screen and says:

<font color="red">“Don’t worry pal! I won’t forget ya.â€Â</font>

Almost sympathetically, then walks away with the camera only showing his feet as they disappear off the screen at an angle.

4. An additional win pose, probably earned, seen here: up0103.wmv.

Link: http://www.hk-vf.net/staging/frame_set/tv2.html

Brad skips at the waist from side to side then throws a downward angled spinning kick while hollering triumphantly:

<font color="red">"Might makes right!"</font>

Trivia: In my opinion El Blaze may have the best lines (they drip with cheese, he’s hilarious) but Brad’s new voice actor has the best delivery I’ve heard yet by far. His voice is now deeper, grittier in place of the lighter, smoother voice he had in VF4. He's still a cocky mofo, as you can tell by his quotes.

Sega has in my eyes made Brad out to be the fighter who knows he's going to beat the "living daylights" out of you, so confident in his abilities that it borders on and at times surpasses arrogance. He even proclaims to his opponents that he; "the big time player" has "arrived" no less, as if his mere presence will make the match a foregone conclusion, in his favour, naturally.

I feel that Brad's character is that of a predator; a man, who tells you how he'll beat you, then does so...despite your best efforts! A fighter with unparalleled showmanship skills... Like Muhammad Ali in his prime. His “Virtua peersâ€Â, the likes of Akira, Jacky and even Lion (young, "handsome" males who fight for glory etc), have got nothing on him when it comes to attitude. /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

EDIT: I'm going to keep coming back to the 1st page of this thread; updating my third post with the latest technique additions and alterations for convenience.

2. nobody

nobody Well-Known Member

Re: VF5 Brad observations.

http://www.geocities.jp/lettuce1781/locationtestinfo/brad.htm

Apparently he has added duck/slip levels, i.e. f+P+K+G, f will put you in a deeper duck for the straight-elbow-elbow and knee-knee combos you mentioned, and hitting a slip direction twice (d+P+K+G, d) will spin you around for more options.

3. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Cheers Nobody! This is great info!

4. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Thanks for starting this thread Adio!

http://www.geocities.jp/lettuce1781/ <--- Someone needs to translate this entire site for vfdc.

http://www.geocities.jp/lettuce1781/locationtestinfo/brad/2or8PplusK.htm

I'm hoping this is similar to Vans evadepunch with the difference of it being high.

Edit (asked for a translation): "During slipping 2 or 8 > 2p+k; low punch class normalhit down but short reach"

http://www.geocities.jp/lettuce1781/locationtestinfo/brad/64PplusG.htm

This new throw is sidethrow only right?

Edit: Doesn't say anything about it being so.

http://www.geocities.jp/lettuce1781/locationtestinfo/brad/slipping_2or8_K.htm

Deep slip to a high attack or a catchthrow (wishful thinking)?

Edit (asked for a translation): "During slipping 2 or 8; high knee, at hit down."

I'm really keen on using the low rolling hook so far \o/

P.S; In the first vid I'm a bit concerned about the 6p+k not hitting in the combo off the upper.

/KiwE

5. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

Thanks, Adio, this thread rocks! I was just wondering if Brad's low kick he had in FT (from slip back, I think) is still there and if he still does a pose after he connects with it. I'd always hoped you could cancel the pose and do some more damage /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

6. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

It looks to still be there but Brad does swayback now by pressing 4p+k instead so it's 4p+k>k+g. What I'm hoping for is using the slip>8/2 > hits to get a good sidehit and then using the new system going on from there. Kinda like the ducking sabaki was introduced in FT to make people think twice about 2p'ing Brad in ducking but this from slips to set up sidehits.

Or being able to do some decent combodamage out of the sort of crumble he gets from the likes of:
    http://www.geocities.jp/lettuce1781/locationtestinfo/brad/2or8PplusK.htm

Sadly enough, it doesn't look like that will be the case. Wish it was facedown ;_;

/KiwE

7. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

OK, thanks to the link that Nobody (interesting choice of username btw) provided and Babel Fish, I think I've garnered some credible info on Brad's additional and altered techniques.

NOTE: This post will be used to list all the new moves and alterations that have been discovered to date.

New moves:

[3][3][P] = EDIT: A mid uppercut that floats on a normal hit.

[3][3][P][P] = A follow up to the above attack; another mid uppercut that combos from the first and changes Brad's foot position. EDIT: It only floats on a counter hit.

[6_][K] = A high kick which is half-circular and evaded towards his back. It causes a head crumble on a counter hit.

[4][K] = A modified [K] (Stepping) that uses the hind leg for longer range and changes Brad's foot postistion. EDIT: Brad can <font color="red">D</font>, <font color="red">SL</font> or <font color="red">SR</font> from it.

[4][K][P] = A high punch cancel that must be input within the opening frames of [4][K] for it to appear.

[4][K][P][K] = A mid hitting kick.

[4][K][P][2][K] = A low kick.

[8] or [2][P]+[K] = Brad scoots to the side (depending on which direction you entered) and perfoms a high hook that will cause a head crumble.

[4][P]+[K] = EDIT: A high retreating hook that Brad can <font color="red">D</font>, <font color="red">SL</font> or <font color="red">SR</font> from. If it hits it'll cause a head crumble.

[6][6][P]+[K] = A mid hitting uppercut from Brad's rear arm.

[6][6][P]+[K][P] = Another mid hitting uppercut from Brad's leading arm. If this hits on a counter then it'll cause a stumble stun. Brad can <font color="red">D</font>, <font color="red">SL</font> or <font color="red">SR</font> from it.

[6][6][P]+[K][8]/[2][P] = A high hook punch that will turn the opponent to the side depending on the angle it hits from.

[4][K]+[G] = A mid hitting knee kick.

[4][K]+[G][K] = A push kick follow up from the knee that changes Brad's foot position. Brad can <font color="red">D</font>, <font color="red">SL</font> or <font color="red">SR</font> from it.

[4][K]+[G][K][P] = A high punch cancel that must be input within the opening frames of [4][K]+[G][K] for it to appear.

[4][K]+[G][K][P][K] = A mid hitting kick.

[4][K]+[G][K][P][2][K] = A low kick.

<font color="red">D:</font> [6] = Now this is where it gets interesting. nobody was quite right when he said that Brad has an "extended" Ducking Manoeuvre. New attacks are available to Brad by, for lack of a better word: "Double Ducking". Henceforth referred to as "<font color="red">D, D</font>".

<font color="red">D, D:</font> [P] = This is the start of a three hit string. It's a straight punch that hits high.

<font color="red">D, D:</font> [P][P] = The straight is followed by a rising elbow with the opposite arm. Like the first [P] it hits high. Brad can <font color="red">D</font>, <font color="red">SL</font> or <font color="red">SR</font> from this.

<font color="red">D, D:</font> [P][P][P] = The final part of the string; an elbow delivered with the original punching arm. It hits mid and floats on a counter.

<font color="red">D, D:</font> [K] = This knee seems to be near identical to its <font color="red">D:</font> [K] (Ducking Knee Upper) counterpart with the exception that it can't be charged. EDIT: It staggers crouching opponents.

<font color="red">D, D:</font> [K][K] = A second knee, It's guaranteed if the first [K] hits on a counter, will float if the first [K] crouch staggers and also floats on a counter.

<font color="red">D, D:</font> [P]+[K] = A high straight punch that guard crushes. It causes the opponent to stagger when it hits.

<font color="red">D, D:</font> [K]+[G] = A mid hitting knee that floats.

<font color="red">D, D:</font> [6][K]+[G] = A mid kick attack. It's properties are currently unknown. EDIT: Yet it has been refered to as being similar to [2_][4][K] (Turn Sobat).

<font color="red">SL</font> or <font color="red">SR</font>, [8]/[2] = These new additions allow Brad to perform an inverted spin to his opponents side, greatly increasing his evasion and counter attack capabilities! /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

NOTE: It's not known whether the slip and "spin" directions can be mixed up (E.g. [8][P]+[K]+[G], [2]) so it's best to assume they're slip direction sensitive till we learn otherwise.

It's also been brought into question whether [P]+[K]+[G] must also be inputted with the [8]/[2]. For the sake of simplicity I'll leave it out though till be know for sure.

<font color="red">SL</font> or <font color="red">SR</font>, [8]/[2], [P] = Brad spins to the side of his opponent and delivers a "Flicker Jab" (Google: Hajime no Ippo) that hits high. Brad can <font color="red">D</font>, <font color="red">SL</font> or <font color="red">SR</font> from it.

<font color="red">SL</font> or <font color="red">SR</font>, [8]/[2], [P][P] = Brad follows the jab with a downward angled straight punch from his rear arm that hits mid.

<font color="red">SL</font> or <font color="red">SR</font>, [8]/[2], [K] = Brad performs a high knee that causes a head crumble.

<font color="red">SL</font> or <font color="red">SR</font>, [8]/[2], [P]+[K] = A mid level attack that looks very similar to his [4][6][K]+[G] (Pap Sok Kao). It also causes a EDIT: stagger if it hits the front of the opponent or a side stun if it hits from the side. Brad can <font color="red">D</font>, <font color="red">SL</font> or <font color="red">SR</font> from this.

<font color="red">SL</font> or <font color="red">SR</font>, [8]/[2], [2][P]+[K] = This is a low hitting hook that knocksdown on a normal hit.

<font color="red">SB:</font> [4][P]+[K] = A mid hitting uppercut that is visually identical to [6][6][P]+[K] but other than that its properties are unknown.

<font color="red">SB:</font> [4][P]+[K][P] = An additional mid hitting uppercut that is visually identical to [6][6][P]+[K][P] but other than that its properties are unknown. Brad can <font color="red">D</font>, <font color="red">SL</font> or <font color="red">SL</font> from it.

<font color="red">SB:</font> [4][P]+[K][8]/[2][P] = EDIT: A high hitting hook that will turn the opponent to the side in a direction that depends on your choice of input. Seeminly identical to [6][6][P]+[K][8]/[2][P].

[6][4][P]+[G] = Brad's new throw where he grabs his opponent in a reverse headlock with one arm, delivers a vertical elbow to their gut with the other. Then, with the elbowing arm Brad links his hands behind his back, shifts his weight upwards and breaks their neck.

The opponent falls to the ground and a small down attack appears to be guaranteed as It doesn't seem like the opponent can tech roll after they fall.

NOTE: Worth mentioning is that this throw is also considered to be activated by [3][P]+[G] instead. So whether it's [6][4][P]+[G] or [3][P]+[G] is up in the air at this point.

Altered moves:

[1][P] = Causes a foot crumble regardless of counter type.

[6][K] = Floats regardless of counter type again as it did in VF4 Evo.

<font color="red">SB:</font> [K] = Has been reanimated EDIT: and will now cause a stomach crumble on a counter hit.

<font color="red">SB:</font> [P]+[K][P] = EDIT: Brad can now <font color="red">D</font>, <font color="red">SL</font> or <font color="red">SR</font> from here!

Jumping [K] while decending = Has been reanimated and pushes the opponent back.

[8][P] = Has been reanimated.

Conclusion:

I'm still learning to use Brad as confidently as I use to use Sarah, but anyone can see that VF5 has taken steps to bolster the evasive properties of his boxing while increasing the cohesion between existing techniques.

In fact, my experience with Sarah gives me an interesting perspective on Brad's changes as I believe that they're the same tweaks that were added to her throughout VF4 with regards to her <font color="pink">Flamingo</font> stance.

All in all I believe greater emphasis is being put towards Brad swaying, slipping and ducking more on the offensive. Using his new spin attacks from the slip to box in opponents or harass them from weird angles. I'm especially excited about the additional sway moves as I felt it was still lacking viable techniques (though, having not played FT this is tinted with conjecture on my part also).

Brad seems to be developing well from the looks of things.

8. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Welcome KiwE, Tonyfamilia. Glad to have you onboard. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

KiwE, those links you posted are all from the same website Nobody provided me with earlier. I spent the better part of the day working through the Brad section and my observations and opinions are in the post above.

Where did you learn that <font color="red">SB</font> has been changed from [4][P]+[K]+[G] to [4][P]+[K], KiwE? It wasn’t mentioned on the VF5memo site. Though that doesn't necessarily mean it's not true. Do you have a link?

Tonyfamilia, as far as I know <font color="red">SB:</font> [K]+[G] is still in there with the leg crumble on counter. Having not played FT I have no real appreciation for it, however from what I’ve garnered from VF5memo, Brad has many new ways of causing a crumble effect with an opportunity for additional damage.

And those were the moves I could comprehend through Babel Fish. There were just as many moves that I couldn’t. So who knows.

9. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

I just assumed it had been changed to 4p+k when checking the site quickly. Would be happier ofc if it was a new move /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Really appreciate what you've done here so far btw, nice to have things like this in one place and really in the spirit of a new game in a series instead of the usual whining over whatnot ^___^

I asked Lau.vf about the ducking>6>k+g and he said something about a turning sorbral or something (?)(probably won't help the mystery you have with that move but might). Also that 33p seems to have some evasive properties in it (perhaps against highs or something?)

I really welcome the upgraded throwgame, the added layer to slips and a new and better low. Already drewling at some of the setups possible from a 46p+g now not having played FT! Besides that, can't wait to see what kind of movement Oshu and the likes can get out of this new Brad heh. Just wish they made clinch better, changed 114k (hate that move and how people whore it) and some minor things like that right now but all in all nice stuff I think =)

/KiwE

10. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

Thanks, Adio. I'm really liking the new Brad, he's meaner, badder and cockier than before and the new voice really fits him cuz he's a bad (shut your mouth). Only negative is his smaller calves but he still kicks more ass than ever, competetion better run for the hills cuz by the look of things it going to be "The Brad Show" 24/7

11. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

What you say is interesting, KiwE. Initially I thought you might have meant "Sobat" as in a modified version of Brad’s Turn Sobat ([2_][4][K]) but then I decided to research the word “sorbral†and eventually came across the name “Sobralâ€Â.

I found this sound bite from Wikipedia but there are a wealth of websites that detail this man’s career to various degrees:

“Renato Da Cunha "Babalu" Sobral is a Mixed Martial Arts fighter from Brazil. He is a member of the Gracie Barra Combat Team and has a professional MMA record of 26-5-0 with 13 of his wins coming by way of submission.â€Â

I’m not overly familiar with the UFC scene or this particular fighter for that matter but I’d hazard a guess that <font color="red">D, D:</font> [K]+[G] could be patented after a technique of his.

Though, considering that this Sobral has a background in BJJ I must admit that I’m a little snobbish at the prospect of Brad utilising anything other than Muay Thai. Still, this is all purely speculation, even if it does have a logical conclusion. I want hard info.

12. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Sorry, double post.

13. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Heh, I don't think it has anything to do with UFC Sorbral /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

We need to wait for things to be translated at this point or get more gameplayfootage >_<;

/KiwE

14. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Observations:

The following comments refer to clip up0037.wmv from here.

0:18 & 1:18: I’ve noticed that Brad performs <font color="red">SL</font> or <font color="red">SR</font> [8]/[2], [2][P]+[K] but without the [8]/[2], [8]/[2] so this leads me to believe that he can either do it standing and it’s a new move or, his original Sharp Shoot ([1][P]) has been modified. I wouldn’t mind the latter really; a relatively fast low [P] that knocks down regardless of hit type, but with the chance to be low thrown on block is a fair trade off imo.

15. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Maddy (I think?) also thought at first the spinpunch might be a modified FT 1p but I'm fairly certain it's not and replied this.

[ QUOTE ]
    No I'm pretty sure it isn't that one (1p). The FT move low p is something different, it can be seen in a Brad vs Shun movie on Aurora looking the same as it does in FT@ 00.40.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps he's just doing the spinpunch fast. Maybe there's some sort of window between inputting the 8/2 into the spin so it's kinda delayable and this guy doesn't do it with a delay - simple as that. That movie is fun btw ^___^

1.19; Hadn't noticed that.

/KiwE

16. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    KiwE said:

Maddy (I think?) also thought at first the spinpunch might be a modified FT 1p but I'm fairly certain it's not and replied this.

[ QUOTE ]
    No I'm pretty sure it isn't that one (1p). The FT move low p is something different, it can be seen in a Brad vs Shun movie on Aurora looking the same as it does in FT@ 00.40.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I have that clip too. Good call. In theory this only strengthens his low knockdown game then:

1. [2][K]+[G] on counter.
    2. [1][P] on heavy counter.
    3. [K]+[G], [2][K]+[G] on counter.
    4. <font color="red">SB:</font> [K]+[G] on counter.
    5. <font color="red">SL</font> or <font color="red">SR</font>, [8]/[2], [2][P]+[K].

And then there’s the source of our current debate:

[ QUOTE ]
    KiwE said:

Perhaps he's just doing the spinpunch fast. Maybe there's some sort of window between inputting the 8/2 into the spin so it's kinda delayable and this guy doesn't do it with a delay - simple as that. That movie is fun btw ^___^

1.19; Hadn't noticed that.

/KiwE

[/ QUOTE ]

Yet I'm very reluctant then to believe that he could have done <font color="red">SL</font> or <font color="red">SR</font>, [8]/[2], [2][P]+[K] so smoothly. It just happens too fast for it to be anything other than an input from a standing neutral position in my opinion. There wasn't even an audible indication till Brad performed the technique proper.

An official move list can't come soon enough...

17. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Update:

I can’t believe I missed this but I was casually browsing through a Brad vs Lion clip I downloaded last week, found here. I thought I had watched it to death when I found this little gem:

Observation:

0:46: I’m 99% sure that Brad performs <font color="red">SB:</font> [4][P]+[K][P] after he wins the first round. <font color="red">SB:</font> [4][P]+[K] is an uppercut from his rear arm that travels forward roughly as far as Brad retreats when he <font color="red">SB</font>'s and hits mid.

<font color="red">SB:</font> [4][P]+[K][P] is another mid uppercut but with the leading arm and is relatively stationary, yet visibly appears stronger like his [2_][3][P] (Rising Upper), it may even float or cause some other hit effect. But since neither of them did connect, it’s all up in the air.

Conclusion:

The pieces are slowly coming together though! /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

18. thebradSHow

thebradSHow Well-Known Member

I am looking forward to VF5 Brad a lot, he's an extension of FT brad with all the new double ducking options thrown in, I am happy. /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif. I already know some setups /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

19. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Correction:

<font color="red">SB:</font> [4][P]+[K][8]/[2][P] hits high NOT low. With that sorted the question that arises for me is whether it causes a head crumble like his new [8]/[2][P]+[K], or like his <font color="red">SL:</font> [P]. Fingers crossed...

Sorry for the mixup. /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

PS. Now that Brad's feet position has been changed to the "orthodox"/EDIT: reverse stance remember that his direction dependent Slip attacks have been reversed too.

20. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

The following comments refer to this clip: Here.

0:31: Brad hits Lion with [4][K] and knocks him down on a counter hit. EDIT: I'm going to hold judgement on this as this clip was old and the situation a seemingly unique one.

2:41: Brad does <font color="red">SL:</font> [P] from <font color="red">D, D:</font> [P]+[K] that seemingly confirms that he can <font color="red">D</font>, <font color="red">SL</font> or <font color="red">SR</font> from it like he can from <font color="red">D, D:</font> [P][P].

EDIT: It turns out that Brad CAN'T <font color="red">D</font>, <font color="red">SL</font> or <font color="red">SR</font> from <font color="red">D, D:</font> [P]+[K] but rather the frame adv conveys that illusion.

Trivia: Brad’s standing idle/battle ready stance has been changed in VF5. From a back bent over, feet wide apart, bent slightly with his weight on his back leg, "Kickboxing" stance in VF4 Evo/FT, to a more relaxed and neutral Muay Thai stance with his hands out at "ten and two", back straight and weight shifted continuously on his front leg (think of King from the King of Fighters series).

In theory this offers a balanced medium between punch, elbow, parry and kick techniques while the former only accentuated his punch and elbow potential. With his feet now closer together and his front leg poised he’s in a better position to peck/poke his opponent with a "Teep" (a push kick or rather his [K]) or, for example shift his weight to his hind leg to deliver a "Dtae Wiang" (a round kick AKA [3][K]).

When Brad blocks he stiffens his stance so that his front leg balances firmly on the ball of his foot. Thankfully he no longer blocks with his arms crossed (if someone were to side kick at his chest they’d break his wrists…) but rather holds an arm, bent at the elbow near his temple to block high attacks respective of the angle they come from. He also forms a loose uppercut block (arms brought together and bent from the elbow, fists clenched) to block most mid attacks.

With the introduction of his new [4][K] - a push kick from his hind leg that has poking/spacing potential (a fundamental Muay Thai technique), his [K][K] - two straight knees (Kao Tone) from <font color="red">D, D:</font> and the final two attacks of his <font color="red">D, D:</font> [P][P][P] string being rising elbows (Sok Hud) you can gather that Sega are making subtle attempts to define his Muay Thai style, especially since his [3][K] was reanimated in FT (one of the prime reasons I decided to adopt him).

Conclusion:

He still has some way to go before I’m impressed with his style though (he’d need a jumping elbow and a high hitting flying knee, as seen in one of his intros and win poses). At this point I’m merely in approval. /versus/images/graemlins/indifferent.gif

Well, that was an insight into the look of Brad Burns in Virtua Fighter 5. I hope it won’t be too long before we can get more factual data, and I can stop racking my brain with abstract theory… /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif