1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5 Brad Thread

Discussion in 'Brad' started by Adio, May 14, 2006.

1. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

Nope.

2. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Griever_PL
    Nope, he doesn't. But you know what? He doesn't need one! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
    He's great without it anyway:)
    BRAD FTW!!!

3. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Can't remember if Brad has slam combos, but Brad already has lots of awesome damage potential on a lot of launchers and knockdown attacks /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

DancingFighterG, good luck getting fuzzy guard down. It's not that hard at all and it's definitely good to implement in your game. Keep in mind that it's not full proof though, it primarily deals with throws and mid attacks (and technically high attacks that are 12 frames of execution or more).

With the list Myke gave you, it's best to follow the fuzzy guard based on the ones he noted. The timing is easier that way. At -1 ~ -5 holding d+G and then letting go of down at the right time is fairly easy (though I still use CD at -5). CD, G is easy to time/execute at -5 and -6.

On the flipside, it'll force an aware opponent to delay throws, use low attacks, use very fast high attacks, use advantage on guard attacks, or use guard breaks.

But I would rather be hit by one of the above (well, except the delayed throw) than with a big throw or a huge launcher /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

-Chanchai

4. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Brad pwns Dustin, you don't need a bounce, not with his 9 million crumple stun starters...... that are all safe lMAO!!!

Brad's da man.

5. DancingFighterG

DancingFighterG Well-Known Member

Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Doing fuzzy guard I don't have a problem except when I try to do it in match. Very hard to time when to do it. I agree with you Chanchai that I like to use CDG more than fuzzy. Seems like I can use that more in fights consistently but I'm slowly trying to get fuzzy guard right.

Myke - Thanks for posting that list. I've seen that list before so the space that I made above was just to make a list of all the move that brad can fuzzy out off. About to put that up today.

6. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

While we're on the subject of Brad and fuzzy guards, it's good to do fuzzy guard in certain situations where you do QR.

I think that if brad does /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif throw on you, you can do QR --> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/n.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif for the fuzzy, severely limiting his followup. Which is why people recommend escaping Brad with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif and /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif and don't mention /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif much.

Don't know much about Brad, but /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif seems like a good move to use and you can fuzzy the first hit if blocked.

7. DancingFighterG

Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Hey Chanchai, might be a dumb questions but what is QR?

8. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Quick Rise.

Upon hitting the ground you input /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif.

9. DancingFighterG

Yo, this is DancingFighterG. So if someone does the CD fuzzy after /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif, [P+K] then is there any setups for that?

10. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants

You mean /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif?

Well, throws and mids won't work as they fuzzied, but delay whatever you're going to do afterwards is a setup.

It is based on what you train your opponent to do, or what kind of opponent you play.

11. DancingFighterG

Yo, this is DancingFighterG. That makes sense. So pretty much to the CD fuzzy takes away the side crumple out of OM P or any other tech traps right?

12. Aoimaster

Aoimaster Well-Known Member

Damn this thread is the shitz. I haven't touched brad in soo long. All of this info is GREAT. Keep it coming.

13. DancingFighterG

Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Hey guys, I've been working with some of Brad's stagger stuff and found some interesting things. Off LD P+K block stagger the fastest move I found that leads to combos is

P+K - Quick elbow

This way you have the high mixup with the throw, low mixup with 2K+G, and the mid if they don't shake the stun really fast.

14. Aoimaster

Aoimaster Well-Known Member

Does anyone find the need to use OM with brad? My main is Aoi, and I'm used to using it constantly but with brad I feel there really is no need to because of his uber slipping ability.

15. Low_Sweep

Low_Sweep Well-Known Member

i usually use it in certain situations on wake up, when i need to close the distance on an opponent who has backed up to far, and when the opponent is on the edge of the stage.

16. DancingFighterG

Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Hey guys, Brad has become a beast for me but I wanted to get some advice on catch throws/shifts while your in the middle of the ring and not near a wall. It seems like if you catch some with the catch hit i.e. 3K CH you can mixup between the hits and the position change but after you shift and they are out of the catch what options do I have? I'm so far way that nothing long range will hit and most characters have really fast BT moves.

17. DancingFighterG

Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Ok guys after talking to some of the experts I have found a pratical use for P+K. Just to give some background P+K is a fast elbow that takes about 22 points of damage but more importantly has an active frame count of 6. What does then? Well this means that this move will hit sooner than any of Brad's other moves since this is only move that he has with an active frame count of 6. With this in mind this move works well against rising kicks or slower moves. Since we all know that Brad has a great oki game this also works in his favor as well. Man, I love brad.

18. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

DFG here is a basic set up and use for /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif is one of Brads mix up throws that he uses when his other throws are getting broken. It doesn't do great damage but it puts him in prime position to interrupt a rising attack.

Because Brad doesn't have enough time to backdash away your opponent can opt to rising attack to try get at Brad, however Brad has enough time to execute a well placed /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif to stuff the wake up kick.

If your opponent does a delayed rising kick, just block it (or you can try to time to stuff that one) and punish him as delayed risers are -15 on block.

If your opponent rolls, try jumping over him to the other side which causes his rolled wake up to whiff. You can also try OM and Phasing Right/Left to get around him.

Hope that helps.

19. DancingFighterG

Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Cool, thanks for that. I will try that out today!!

20. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

Good stuff, Unsafe Dan.
    Do you know what's Brad's best weapon against low punches?
    It seems most characters have a 2P killer but aside from Brad's low punch sabaki from ducking, he doesn't have a good anti-lowpunch move.
    Any advice would be highly appreciated.