1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5 Brad Thread

Discussion in 'Brad' started by Adio, May 14, 2006.

1. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Errr.... I think Brad is gonna have to play like Jacky cause he doesn't really have something that DIRECTLY deals with low punch.

If you do elbow with brad I'm pretty sure you can backdash>elbow again just like Jacky, but then again if you know he is going to low punch just duck into his sabaki.

If you are at least at +5 advantage and your opponent ALWAYS low punches back still then try /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f_.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, that move is a special that crumples on MC for some dirty damage.

Lemme see, like after your opponent does a low punch and you block it, if you are fast enough you can do the special high kick and it should stuff your opponents low punch.

I also remember that swaying during certain frames will evade the low punch.

Hope that helps.

2. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Brad's Anti2p Core:

6p @+2 = Can be hitscanned and should lead you into flowcharts against weak opponents, take more of the guaranteed damage with 6pk against strong.
    2p+k6p @+4 = a GREAT 16f vs croucher option. Not AC/TC anymore in VF5, should be used more and hitscanned.
    3K (MC hunting)@+4 = a GREAT 16f move now that the clinch is guaranteed and more damage from clinch. Allows Fuzzy after if guarded!
    6_K (specialhigh) @+5 = *Highdmg* option and semicircular with good Okizeme. Beware of fuzzy opponents though as you can fuzzy @-5 in VF5. Allows fuzzy after (33G) if guarded!
    6k = True mid @+5, advantage being if you go into ducking afterwards it's hard for someone using DM too counter your attack whiff with for instance.

Out of the box options;

SR P = Will "win" against both an evade and a 2p with the same timing, works better in small adv. If nothing happens you can SR (G) and throw / delayattack or something.
    446k+g / 443p+k, p = Backdash attack classic. 114k if your a whore who wants to use something ultra safe (end of rounds).
    363P = Modified uppercut, requires +5 to win
    OM P = Best used in small adv say +2/3 and against people with poor stagger recovery so you can do PK on the stagger well, something to do when you get bored with 6p. Eazy to fuzzy after

Finally:
    Just wait from time to time and/or delaythrow. This options has to be a compliment to every VF5 flowchart due to the fuzzysystem etc imo. Wait > Delaythrow vs fuzzy / DM users who do so at small diss. If the 2p comes and takes you on your guard you'll have +5 so you can threathen with pretty heavy things like 6_K. Always mix up delaystuff in VF5 with all your core flowcharts.

3. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

Thanks, Unsafe Dan and KiwE.
    U.D., I was trying that out in dojo mode the other day.
    I put the computer to block and counterattack with a low punch.
    Then I would attack with a standing P and then do a quarter circle forward to have 6_K come out the fastest.

KiwE, you're absolutely right. The classics from Evo do still work, backdash followed by 6K+G is really good now because it leaves Brad at a lesser disadvantage than it did in Evo.

Sometimes I still do the old backdash and 3P+K, P
    Thanks for all the detailed advice /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

4. tonyfamilia

I was reading this Wolf thread
    http://virtuafighter.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/169735/Main/11338/#Post169735

and I thought that if Wolf's P+G throw gives him some guaranteed attacks when the opponent is at the perfect distance from the wall, well then, this should work for Brad too, and it did /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
    Sad thing is that I could only connect with standing P after
    (P,K OR PPP netted 70+ damage)
    I couldn't get his 6P,K to combo like with standing P (that would have been sweet P+G [at right distance from wall]>6P,K>46K+G!).
    I dont think it's doable but maybe my timing was off.
    Anyway, good find though.

Brought to you by Myke and the rest of the Wolf players who experimented with this and posted about it.
    Thanks.

Also found out that after a head collapse, Brad is better off doing 4K+G,K,6,K for just slightly more damage than 66P+K,P,6,K.
    And after 33P+G against the wall (proper distance) I was able to connect with 46K+G after. Dont know if anybody else had covered this but I didn't see it in Brad's black book combos.

5. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Griever_PL
    Hey tony! I tested the same thin. I was able to put /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif in a combo after /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif on wall hit, which means there is definitely 12 frames of adv., but I couldn't put /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif in so it's less than 14 frames. There might be 13 frames of adv. but there is no move to test it /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif Throws don't apply in this situation.

So I guess /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif is the best here... eventually /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif for 2 poitns less.

6. Ladon

Ladon Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ladon---
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif is better than /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif because the former leaves you with the advantage, and Brad is in a really good spot to lay down some hurt (I've felt it before)!

7. tonyfamilia

Thank you for your input Ladon. Now get the hell out of our thread! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
    Seriously, here's a cool discovery that Ladon made while practicing with Brad:
    When doing Brad's Sway Back /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (after hit or block) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif
    That last command of /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif can be done without the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif
    making it easier to execute.

Here's something I thought only worked on Version C but I tested it and it worked. Myke confirmed it on the VF Videos thread and added:

"That Brad combo definitely works in Ver.B:
    In open stance after LD :
    LD /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif > /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif *> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (66 pts)
    LD /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif > /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif * > /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif (68 pts)
    In closed stance after LD :
    LD /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif > /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif > /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif * > /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (63 pts)

* = point at which they refloat "

Also, after watching this vid:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBLdbI6Yu7M

I tried that Slipping Right /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif (Body Break) followed by a well-timed standing /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif and it worked better than
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif (Ducking) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif against heavyweights and heavy middleweights because the last knee in that combo doesn't always connect against them.

8. tonyfamilia

I've been using /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif from Slipping a lot more. Here's a few of the things I like to do:

Instead of doing the followup /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif or another /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, press /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif and you'll get Hunting Middle Kick, you can go into the clinch even on normal hit or if you get a counter hit just press /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif for a nice 3 hit combo. You can also, and you can do this from Slipping Left/Right, Ducking and Sway Back, press /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif to back up and kinda rethink your options (you can go into Slipping or Ducking from this or tap /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif and exercise your defensive options; observe your opponent's reaction closely when you Slip/Duck/Sway and remember it, this will help to react accordingly)

Also, Slip Left or Right and do /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif then depending on what direction you used to go into Slipping, tap the opposite direction and you'll immediately go into PT. It's great for catching your opponent off guard when they're expecting the followup /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif from Slipping /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (which combos naturally on MC)

Then from that up close and personal PT, Brad has many options.
    I like to throw out PT /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif when I feel that I'm going to get low punched. You can hit your opponent out of most low attacks with this. If you expect your opponent is going to just block low and wait out the PT storm hit him with PT /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, he staggers, Brad goes into Slipping or Ducking and... well, I'm pretty sure you know your options from this great setup.
    Obviously there's Brad's PT /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif but if your opponent learns to see this coming this move leaves Brad at a bad disadvantage and I suggest that you dont kill this move and/or get predictable with it or you might get seriously hurt.
    PT and throw is a great option for opponents who freeze up from time to time. When your opponent gets weary of this do PT /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif. You can mix this up by just doing the first /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif and going for the throw then OR doing /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, hit checking, proceed with offensive or defensive options OR every once in a while, if you mix up your offense right, you can charge the second /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif and get the stagger from block, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif works from here but if it hits fully charged it will float, follow with combo of your choice.

Lastly, after Slipping /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+ /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, tap /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif and go for a throw. Again, playing Brad relies heavily on you observing and learning your opponent's reactions to your Slipping, Ducking and Swaying.
    So keep Brad's knees and elbows happy and feed them lots of counterhits. Happy Hunting!

9. DancingFighterG

DancingFighterG Well-Known Member

Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Man, this is some good stuff for Brad players to know. I've been using P+K ever since I started playing Brad because the move is the only move that brad has that gives him access to all his ducking and sway back options. I always love this move. Ok, back on topic...

It was stated, I believe by me, that Slipping Left K allows for clinch on regular hit. This in my mind is a MUST MOVE TO USE FOR BRAD. +5 on block and on hit or regular hit leads to possible clinch..too good

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif - Best reset option in the game in my mind. I use this too no end because you will amazed how many people get caught with it. Your thinking good Tom!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I love PT after doing P+K only because people who see the P+K will typical block the first one and /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif the next one so if they do that you can rotate to the punch to dodge the /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif or if you think they will go for a mid rotate to there mid and punish out of PT. Takes sometime to see it but overtime you see it. Worse case senario is that you use PT K which is -1 on block so you can evade or buffer in throws. If they /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif they going to get hit and if the do mid and you evade at the right time CH with PT K. If they just stand there PT /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, throws and /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif options come in. If they stay ducking tag that ass with PT /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif. Man, I love Brad /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

One thing to look out for is after you PT and go into ducking a lot of people will /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif you so get that SABAKI ready. i'm still trying to get the timing down for this during a match. Hard as hell.

Lastly, try using /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif_/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif, SL /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif to get that hunting kick options. You can get instant offense when you do that and your not a disadvantage when you do it. Definitly want to this when you are at a mid distance. The way you know which way to go is based off his hands. If his long hands are in the screen sway to that side to get hunting sway the other way to get body break. If the long hands are in the back sway that way to get hunting kick and the opposite to get body break. Sounds hard to reconize in a match but overtime you will see it because as you play more the game becomes slower too you.

Tom, you have the right idea. This is the way I play Brad. I don't see a lot of Brad's play this way but granted I haven't seen every Brad in the world. Good stuff man!!

Note: Myke, good stuff on getting the symbols setup so that you can just click. Less typing is good!! Good job man!!

10. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

My 360 has crapped out on me so I can't test anything right now. Is it possible to connect with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif after guarding Sarah's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif in VF5? I think that it whiffed in VF4Evo/FT. Also, against Jeffry in the closed foot position has anyone been able to connect with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif after a /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif? From the time I've spent with the game, I've never been able to connect with the knee at the end. However, I did have success when I used /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif as a combo starter in the open foot position. Do I have to delay the jab or something?

11. Shinn_Akira

Shinn_Akira Well-Known Member

the one gthing i hate is getting p'd out of slipping ducking. it should be a high crush from anything that is slipping/ducking. also his PT should evade like akiras step/jackys combo step. my 2cents but his 3p+k i agree is good. if it worked on at +2 on mids. that move would be godlike because its +1 on block anyways. the hitbox for that move is great but unreliable.

12. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Griever_PL
    @Libertine
    As far as I know, you can connect with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif after blocking Sarah's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif

@Shinn_Akira
    3P+K? You must have thought about some other move, as 3P+K leaves you in disadv. on block. The only Brad's moves that give adv. even on block are: /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, SB /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, BT /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, SL /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif and of course PT /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif. That's all, correct me if I'm wrong /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif