1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5 Brad Thread

Discussion in 'Brad' started by Adio, May 14, 2006.

1. DancingFighterG

DancingFighterG Well-Known Member

Yo, this is DancingFighterG. LOL!! Don't worry about. This is what this place is for. Asking questions you don't know the answer too. Well, to answer your questions SL = Slip Left. There are a lot of ways to go into it but one way is 6(Forward)P+K+G (Ducking), 2 (Down)_8 (Up). Going into Slip Right (SR) or Slip Left (SL) depends on if he is in open stance or closed stance. The easy way to know if you will do SL or SR is if you look at Brad's hands. When you are just standing the side where his arm is sticking out the most if you sway to that side SL moves will come out. When you do the opposite SR moves will come out. If you use his Ducking P+K it guareetees that any move that you do will be a SL move.

Now concerning SL K, SL K is the only what you perform clich without a counter hit (CH). Obviously you have to hit the person with the kick and time the throw input.

2. Ezekielx

Ezekielx New Member

Alright here is anther noob quest thx for clearing that up but you wrote 6(Forward)P+K+G (Ducking) whats the 6 part for just wondering? Also i just tryed it but there is something im missing the slip, slip left after i do down and P+K how do i slip i thought it was like his turns or whatever but i must be wrong. So what is a slip igzactly and how do you initiat a slip left for example on the keys.

3. J6Commander

J6Commander Well-Known Member

look at your num pad on your keyboard ..

4. SweepTheLeg

SweepTheLeg Well-Known Member

789 /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/ub.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif
    456 /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif[+]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif
    123 /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif

5. DancingFighterG

Yo, this is DancingFighterG. In order to do slip you can do it by inputting 2_8P+K+G or there are moves that allow you to do slip BUT you must do ducking first. So for example if you do K,P6 you will go into ducking and then while you are in ducking do 2_8. A suggestion would be to do command training in the dojo so you try to do everything that Brad can do.

6. Ezekielx

Ezekielx New Member

You see i used game fly for this game so i didnt get a user book and tryed doing the command dojo but i had a problem with brad i get to the last 3 commands which is something like. P (while doing offensive) and the other one is defensive i have no idea what its asking any pointers or explanation.?

7. DancingFighterG

Yo, this is DancingFighterG. OM (Offensive Move) is just inputting 2_8 and then quickly input in P+K+G. You will slide to the left or right and you will hear a sliding motion when you do it. It's ability to move without evading a move. Now during Om input in P and he will do a punch out of OM. DM (Defensive Movement is just tapping 2_8 and then input in the P, K or P+K. Do it quick and then you will get the timing down.

8. Ezekielx

Ezekielx New Member

Ah that makes sence :-D thx again

9. DancingFighterG

Yo, this is DanicngFighterG. No problem!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

10. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

I like the wall head games that you can play with Brad. If your back's against the wall we all know /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gifP+G can get you 70 damage (give or take) but I really like to pin opponents against the wall and play around with P+G and P/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gifP//forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gifP//forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gifP//forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gifK+G mixups.

I also like to get 'em against the wall with /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gifP+G and heavy down attack. That takes a good chunk of life right there and they cannot roll out of the way if as soon as you do the throw you hold /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif and keep tapping P.

Also if you delay his P after they block /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gifP+K and they try to attack you will get a butt stagger /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif
    Then you can start changing it up to /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gifP+K tap G and go for the throw. This throw game works smoother than when you delay the second P from ducking and attempt a throw, which I usually dont do because it doesn't work for me. I just delay the P after P from ducking and try to go for the MC and get a float or I just stop and proceed to defend. Working on not being so predictable /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

11. I have to comment that this forum is impressive. I have been looking for help learning Brad for evolution this year. This is very helpful.thanks guys /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Hope to see some of you there.

12. DancingFighterG

Yo, this is DancingFighterG. No problem CombatQueenPMS
    PMS. Nebraska huh. Lot's of gamers for Guilty Gear out there. If you ever in Colorado (one the chapters for the NVGA (www.nvgaonline.com)) hit us up. We have a big VF tournament coming up in June called CCCT for the Colorado Chapter of the NCGA (www.ccct2k.com/main.html). If you can make it that would be cool to have some PMs players there. The NVGA works with PMs alot in Texas in DOA4. You may know Morris Hunter aka Dahlsim from DOA Central. Anyways glad to help!!

13. tonyfamilia

14. thanks tonyfamilia for the link.

DancingFighterG:Yeah there are real good GG and SF3 players where I live,most of them are good friends of mine /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I have a few buddies that live in CO and my sister is moving there. I know Morris,had him on my friends list for live for a while. He is quiet but real cool /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

As for tourneys,it depends on how I do in LA in a few weeks. Thanks for the invite to your tourney,sounds like fun /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

15. tonyfamilia

You're welcome. Here's a good Brad player, Itoshun, fighting Koedo (Kage). If only Brad would have reacted correctly at the end of round 5 after Kage hit him with 66P+K+G, Brad could have put a hurting on Kage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmLZita5Qr8

16. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Kinda quiet so here are some fun crumble setups I found;

46p+g>OM P (backstagger)>3k (backcrumple)>66p+k,p>SRK (Brads front knee) = 107dmg or so.

6_K (MC)> P > 4k+g,K> LD KK (will hit in the back with very easy timing if they teckroll) > 66p+k,p = 112dmg

Unneccesary / corny but fun;

46p+g>334k (backstagger) > other things (small cd back > 2k or turn around 33p+g for instance)

17. DancingFighterG

Yo, this is DancingFighterG. Hey guys, been playing a lot of Brad and have some thoughts about what you think about some things.

1. As we discuessed before Brad has good ways to go into sway from far way and quickly. I found myself using 4P2_8->Sway options to go into sway from a far due to the way it stops sidestep. Also I really like it when I want togo into SL P+K options. What do you think?

2. Match-ups for Brad. I feel that characters like Jacky, Shun, Vanessa, or the big men or good compliments to what Brad lacks against certain characters. In particular I think these characters are also hard matchups for Brad due to either counters, good throw setups, or overall solid poke game.

3. Lastly, what are some things that I need to look out for in terms of fighting Akira. I played a lot of Akira last night and did well but I guess I need someone to point out somethings. I feel that Akira has major frame advantage on his shit that slows down my offense. I adjusted and played a mid to long range game with him which worked out great. Any points?

4. Kiwe, like the crupple stuff man. I'm going to try to do some of these in a fight tonight if I play.

18. DancingFighterG

Yo, this is DancingFighterG. I have found over the last couple of weeks and after my tournament that fuzzy guard would really help Brad against mid htting base and throw characters like Akira, Jeffery, Wolf. So I think we need to together a list of moves that Brad player's use and that you can fuzzy guard after on block:

List - In progress (All moves listed have a disadvantage of -5 at the most)

P+K
    4K,P
    4P
    P+K
    OM P
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif,P
    K
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif,P+K, ,P
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif,P+K, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif,P
    PP
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif,K,K
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif,,k
    K+G
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif,P

(All moves listed have a disadvantage of -6 at the most)

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gifP+K
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gifK
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gifP+K
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif, P+K
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gifP+K
    K,P
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gifK
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gifP, P
    P, K
    /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gifP

Note: Moves that go into ducking you can guard by cancelling the ducking motion early so think of that as the CD cancel idea. That's the cool thing about brad is that he has the CD capabilities already built into his movelist.

19. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Yo, you are DancingFighterG.

Is such a list necessary? Understanding when you can fuzzy[/size] is universal for all characters:
    <ul>[*]At -1 to -5: you can crouch under throw[/size][*]At -6: you can only crouch dash under throw[/size][*]At -7 to -9: you cannot avoid a throw by crouching or crouch dashing[*]At -10 to -12: some character's standing /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif is guaranteed[*]At -12 or higher: throw is guaranteed and most character's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif is guaranteed[*]At -13 or higher: all character's standing /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif and throws are guaranteed.[/list]
    Now just refer to Brad's command list on here and check what the frame difference is for any move (Grd, Hit, CH colums). You can also click on any of these column heads to toggle between ascending or descending sort.

20. SweepTheLeg

SweepTheLeg Well-Known Member

Question guys -- I've started to mess around with Brad (adding to my stable of Jeff and Eileen) -- does Brad have a bounce move ala Jeff's 43P+K, Sarah's Crescent Heel, etc? Thanks!