1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5 cover feature this week @ 1UP

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Zero-chan, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Think the US press doesn't care about VF? Think again. James Mielke at 1UP has things covered:

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=7707077&publicUserId=4549175

See all the hot new stuff in PS3 VF! See interviews with the PS3 and arcade teams! See Japanese players in their native habitat! See Shane get mocked and beaten relentlessly! ALL THIS WEEK!

Also, make sure you read the characters featurette on Thursday, ehehe /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

P.S. Milky's still too big a wuss to play against me because "Vanessa players are scary." You talk the talk, Milkman, but you've got to put up and play. Beating Shane counts for NOTHING, he's the guy that's still got the thousand-dollar Soul Calibur tab.

2. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

3. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Great article. It sounds like the training mode got a major hardcore upgrade. /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

4. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    New to the standard training options is a feature that the team added at the request of the fans. - Who did they ask exactly o_O ???

5. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

yeah lol, frame counter was in the Evo version. Super unintuitive as well....

I guess the only thing new is being able to control the second character via the 2p side.... I guess that is one way to encourage versus play...?

6. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    Which is quite funny. Since every fighting game has had that option since like SF2..

7. Poppa

Poppa Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    1UP: In terms of versus play, I know you're not planning to put the game online, but are you thinking about using the PS3's online capabilities to offer things like microtransactions? In that way it would mirror the arcade experience somewhat, since you usually pay 100 yen ($1 U.S.) to customize your character within a certain time limit at a VF Terminal.

NS: This time we're not using any online functionality in the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this mean that if the arcade version gets patched (i.e. gets a revision), the PS3 version wouldn't be able to get patched as well?

And I guess this means we won't be able to upload/download any "ghost" data... /versus/images/graemlins/tear.gif

8. Pai_Garu

Anyways, coverage is good no matter what. Let's hope 1up takes it to the next step.

9. Superking

Superking Member

Maybe they are talking about the US version when it comes to the no online use? Because if not, then what happened to that news from a few months back about the PS3 using VFNet in some capacity? =x

10. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

Japan is trying to protect its main arcade IP

No patching or updates via patches pretty much sucks. Even DoA4 had that feature

11. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    [ QUOTE ]
    Poppa said:

[ QUOTE ]
    1UP: In terms of versus play, I know you're not planning to put the game online, but are you thinking about using the PS3's online capabilities to offer things like microtransactions? In that way it would mirror the arcade experience somewhat, since you usually pay 100 yen ($1 U.S.) to customize your character within a certain time limit at a VF Terminal.

NS: This time we're not using any online functionality in the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this mean that if the arcade version gets patched (i.e. gets a revision), the PS3 version wouldn't be able to get patched as well?

And I guess this means we won't be able to upload/download any "ghost" data... /versus/images/graemlins/tear.gif

[/ QUOTE ]I think patches is not function of the game, but of PS3 itself..?

12. Pai_Garu

PS3 is capable of patching through online. AM2 just chose not to support VF5 after release.

13. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Srider said:

PS3 is capable of patching through online. AM2 just chose not to support VF5 after release.

[/ QUOTE ]
    yeah the non online vs element can be understood, the no online items or ver updates im humble opinion is a terrible skanky decision /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif

14. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

So console version based on Ver A gameplay? That's kinda....crap. IMO, the game would have needed one more revision to give the gameplay a final touch, plus that there are still annoying bugs like delayed attacks whiffing against failed evades...

The game could most probably still be patched, but the question is if Sega will get their head out of their asses to do it...I mean, with no arcade release outside of Japan, just what is being threatened by doing this?

15. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Srider said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow....that's just....wow. Seriously though, I disagree with their stance on playing VF online but understand why they are adamant that it not be included but I really can't fathom why (outside of protecting their arcade market in Japan) they would release a dated version on console and then takes steps to not protect their consumer.

GE

16. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    GodEater said:

[ QUOTE ]
    Srider said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow....that's just....wow. Seriously though, I disagree with their stance on playing VF online but understand why they are adamant that it not be included but I really can't fathom why (outside of protecting their arcade market in Japan) they would release a dated version on console and then takes steps to not protect their consumer.

GE

[/ QUOTE ]

Sega supports mainly JP, isn't that isn't nationalistic of them. What a bunch of wankers.

17. Poppa

Poppa Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    kungfusmurf said:

Sega supports mainly JP, isn't that isn't nationalistic of them. What a bunch of wankers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even so, Sega wants to make the home version one where Japanese players can prepare for the arcade. How can they do that with an old version of the game?

18. KTallguy

KTallguy Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Jeneric said:

So console version based on Ver A gameplay?

[/ QUOTE ]

According to the interview it's based on version B gameplay.

I think it really blows that they won't update the game after release... but then again I kind of saw it coming... too bad... /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

19. Pai_Garu

Game is based on Version A despite what they say.

Since there was no gameplay changes from A to B, and that PS3 version does not include the new 1p features from Version B, you can pretty much say that it's based on Version A.

20. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    has it been confirmed that it won't include the modes found in version B?