1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5 Eileen Thread

Discussion in 'Eileen' started by noodalls, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

ah thnx man, that's a killer guide we have there.

2. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    This move is very good but I think its worth noting that she can be hit out of it for an aircombo.. So maybe not too safe to throw out too often especially from disadvantage. Most of the time this shouldnt matter much though, as interrupting her isnt that easy.

3. Tricky

You wouldn't use that move unless you had a nice frame advantage which would make it safe.

4. Myke256

Myke256 Guest

I only use that move when I cancel into it from one of her strings. It's a great way to confuse people. So, PP->Flip+K a few times..than when they expect the kick, switch to the the Flip->P+G for some good damage.

5. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Yesterday I play with Eileen and I found following "juggle": /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif (MC) -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif -> /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/ub.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif (big ground attack)

Dunno if this really works - I try this only against my counterpart (and it works) and I test it a little in Dojo (and it seems like it works too). Please can someone here try this and confirm if this really works?

6. Tricky

I'll be at my boy's house tomorrow so I'll get a chance to test that combo out for ya. What's MC stand for btw?

7. Wacha

Wacha Member

MC - Major Counter

8. HowlingWind

HowlingWind New Member

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif But she's a monkey! hop hop hop!
    *falls down 12 flights of steps*

She has the cutest little smiles though.

9. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I suspect that its techable after K+G.

I have found that you can relaunch at least some characters after CH df+P+K by dash, low punch. The timing however seems to differ depending on open/closed stance. Against Pai at least I got CH df+P+K - f,f - d+P - f+P+K PP to connect. Possibly d+P - f+P+K P ~ QCF+K,K (third kick wont connect) Same kind of refloating also works with her flop combo starters I believe. I'm at work atm so cant test more, but I wanted to write something /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Eileen is a fun character and I wish this part of forum was more active ^^ (But I'm too unsure of myself to write big guides myself)

ps. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You wouldn't use that move unless you had a nice frame advantage which would make it safe.</div></div>
    You'd need something like +28 to make it safe. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif That moves main purpose is to catch evaders and fuzzy'ers.

10. SweepTheLeg

SweepTheLeg Well-Known Member

11. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    The odd evasive properties of /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif//forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif
    --------

It is obvious that Eileen's (string)/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif ducks highs, and /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif jumps over lows, but after a blocked /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, both are capable of avoiding elbow class attacks. My findings:

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif ducks under
    Goh's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif in either stance (tight timing for closed)
    Brad's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif in either stance
    Pai's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/uf.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif in either stance
    Lei Fei's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif in either stance
    Lau's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif in open stance
    Jeffry's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif in either stance
    Vanessa's DS /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif in open stance
    Wolf's 180/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif in either stance
    Sarah's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif in either stance
    Jacky's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif in either stance

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/u.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif jumps over
    Eileen's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif in either stance (very tight timing)
    Lion's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/f.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif in either stance

------
    Test out her other string cancel shit and post your findings Eileen playas.

12. k4polo

k4polo Well-Known Member

yea i figure those evasive were useful for somethings. Nice you laid out some moves it evades.

13. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Well, these are the "elbow class" attacks that are preprogrammed into the dojo.

I would learn more with all the moves if VF5 had a record function.
    (fuckin' Sega /*said in the same way one complains about Kage)

14. SweepTheLeg

I finished my Eileen basics guide (bottom of page 3) -- comments, criticism, praise, suggestions and additions welcome!

15. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    SweepTheLeg, it'd be great if you posted your guide as a new thread.

In fact, I've been really slack about this, but I've been meaning to close all the generic "VF5 <character> thread" threads for a long time now. We have character forums now, so there's no longer a need to pile keep everything in a single thread.

If you've got something new to share or ask that hasn't been discussed yet, then start a new thread. Otherwise, reply in the existing thread.

Thanks.

p.s. good effort on the guide!

16. SweepTheLeg

Ok will do Myke. Thanks. :>

17. k4polo

k4polo Well-Known Member

yea post it on another thread as ppl pay attention to it more. Also I feel your pain dude with Eileen. Pai is my main character but her latest dojo forum message is from may jeez.

18. Sebo

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Edit /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif!

*Staggers high guard
    *Abuse leads to stagger recovery> Throw/Elbow mixups

It is only abusable until the opponent knows how to deal with it. (akin to Vanessa's /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif)

19. Tricky

I find that I miss a lot with that move, I've kinda taken it out've my arsenal of attacks. I just pop it out once in a while to remind my opponent that it exists if I see them stand guarding too much but it's easy to block it on reaction.

20. SweepTheLeg

It's only good immediately after 6P+K imo. Her other lead-ins to 214K push the opponent out too far, leading to whiffing. It is an AWESOME move still, just mix it up with 6P+K,P -> Zenk stuff so that the opponent can't just block low on reaction.