1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5 : FINAL: KING OF ONLINE TOURNAMENT

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Brisal73, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Re: VF5 : CHARACTER ROUND ROBIN ONLINE Jan 1st -31

once my tendinitus goes away you bet if brisal doesn't first

2. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

My Final Thoughts:

Thank you for everyone that played in this tournament. Especially a BIG thank you to the ones that went through the entire process.

About doing this again. Honestly the process for me was a pain in the ass. A lot of it had to do with people leaving or not doing there matches in a timely manner.

If I was to do this again I would probably have a entry fee via paypal where the top 3 get a prize.

Its the only way to make sure people don't drop out.

3. EndCA

EndCA Well-Known Member

Just don't invite back the skippers, take out the round robin cause that was most of the trouble and give lots of time per round of the tournament (Double Elem?). Lotta people gotta work around schedules so its a pain in the ass for 2-3 days timing. If ya need help sure someone on here will help co-host it.

4. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

the purpose of the Round Robin was to get new players involved by letting them play other players with same character so they can learn and grow with each other, but most saw it as an unnecessary step

5. MADrox

MADrox Well-Known Member

Much Much props to Brisal for putting this together ... its soo tough to get anyone together for anything now-a-days, on or off-line .. As an event planner myself (not all the time) ,, i know the dedication it takes to keep everyone and everything up to date.. BTW,, thanks for kick'n my butt on VF /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Konjou ,, i was root'n for you and Jess,,, but at least Chief is a great person to lose too ,

chief - grats ,,, ima need to get some sparring wit you sometime,, but after i work my way up /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I LOVE VF /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

6. EndCA

EndCA Well-Known Member

Was a good idea but unfortunately those same new players seem to be the ones who where hard to track down.

7. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    I don't know if I ever said this, but definitely wanted to say thank you Brisal for throwing this tournament. I agree it was a pain at times, but overall it was dope. Hats off to you!