1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5 Final Showdown Master Guide announced

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Reno, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Reno

Reno Well-Known Member

[​IMG]Amazon Japan now has a new strategy guide for VF5 Final Showdown listed on their site. Titled "Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown Master Guide", it is going to be a near 200 page strategy guide published by Softbank Creative, and will go on sale on September 10th. This is a significant announcement, as this is the first time in four years that an arcade strategy guide for Virtua fighter has been published. The last one was the "Keep It Moral" black book for Virtua Fighter 5.

Here is what this new master guide will feature:
    » Full frame data for all characters.
    » A rundown of new moves and tweaked moves for every characters.
    » Detailed explanation and analysis of the new system in Final Showdown.
    » Strategies geared toward specific character matchups and character-specific combos.

2. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

Do we have to have an Amazon Japan account or to live in Japan? I only ask because my usual Amazon account doesn't seem to be accepted.

3. Kazego

Kazego Active Member

Yeah you need to make an Amazon Japan account to buy there. And if you want to know the shipping rates click here

4. Flyingguillotine

Flyingguillotine Well-Known Member

I tried Amazon Japan back when the Black Book came out. I could not make sense of the forms. I ended up buying it from Ebay instead.

I was hoping they would make another Mook. This is awesome . Thanks for the heads up.

5. mahmood1982

mahmood1982 Well-Known Member

Thank you Sega, STRATEGY GUIDE is what we need.

6. jinxhand

jinxhand Well-Known Member

...in a language we all don't speak/read fluently...

But seriously though, I hope if this does come to the US/EU/AU that we get a guide done as thorough as this. None of that Bradygames bs!!!

7. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Numbers look the same though.

I'm sure most if not all of it will get translated anyway.

8. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    Yeah the community is great, someone will translate it in all likelihood.

9. jinxhand

jinxhand Well-Known Member

I'm grateful for cats on this site that translate guides, I just wish that companies like Bradygames or the other guys would make a fighting game guide that was as in-depth, especially for those people who have no idea about VFDC or don't have the means to access it for whatever reason. The last indepth strat book I remember seeing was -- I believe it was the A3 guide, or one of the SFEX books. All the other books have lackluster combos/strats...

10. Ash_Kaiser

Got mine preordered and if necessary, I'll help out with the frame data for the site if it gets put up at all.

11. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Nice one, Ash.

12. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Is it just me or does the Amazon.jp site not seem to allow you to ship the book outside Japan?

13. Ash_Kaiser

It does. You just have to select international shipping. You can get the pages in English as well.

I loosely followed this guide on buying stuff from Amazon Japan:
    http://www.sailordream.com/PGSM/Guides/AmazonJapan.php

Beware, the shipping is more than the book itself.

14. MAtteoJHDY

MAtteoJHDY Well-Known Member

guys, im wondring if I should pre-order this or not. its not about the money, its more about the usefulness of it. what does evrybody think?

15. quash

quash Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SuperVernier
    XBL:
    GUILTY GAIJIN
    well, it's a bit useless in the sense that there isn't a console release yet.

but if there's an announcement, i'll certainly get one to scan and get translated (like i did for bbcs).

16. Hazzerone

Hazzerone Well-Known Member

Finally! A strategy guide for a game we don't have! YAAYYYYY!

Now this strategy guide will help me be able to win fights against top players such as Homestay, Koedo and Chibita...All in my mind! That's real yomi there bitches.

17. Flyingguillotine

Flyingguillotine Well-Known Member

VF5 FS will come to consoles, be patient . /Cue music Journey's"Don't Stop Believing" .

18. tex

tex Well-Known Member

I have ran out of patients. However at least I know it is coming because if an English version comes out I know it will be on both consoles of Xbox 360 and Ps3.

19. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

This sums up my emotions about this annoucement

Still waiting for sega to make their console release announcement. . .

20. Cybershinobi3314

Cybershinobi3314 New Member

it has a means of bring this book. without pass by amazone jap?