1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5 FS Akira Bodycheck

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Cozby, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    soo Akira is lookin KINDA broken right now...

Pai~Chun likes this.
  2. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Eh, nothing broken in that vid at all. Nice play from both players though [​IMG]

3. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    I'd say yes because he can win any round with just 2 moves, that body check sheet is BS.

4. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

Like i said before folks deny it all they want.. When people shake the old Akira flowchart and insert Bodychecking from a successful evades instead of the usual.He will change the game.Only akira players who need a definite edge won't complain about this.

I would love to see what happens if Jacky Backflip could score 120 on counter like VF1. Niggas would have a fucking heart attack.

5. Feck

Bodycheck wasn't even in the vid, you guys have lost it [​IMG]

6. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    I like the VFDC endorsement the Akira player added to his pregame comment and as far as how Akira is it he is different but we will adjust accordingly to it if people spam it. It makes for a unique type of character compared to how he was before. All things will even out at the end of the day if Sega lets us play this game someday its not that big of a deal.

7. Feck

Looks like it might be vf4akira, similar costume to those other vids he posted.

8. steelbaz

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    Never said it was but, i've already seen people spamming it on other youtube vids, and 1 mistake can now cost you a match. It's unbalanced if every character doesn't have an easy evade 120 damage maneuver. Bad idea that needs to be toned down if they go console.

9. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    I'm not worried by it. I just won't start throwing strings at Akira.

10. Feck

I think even the most casual of players wouldn't be stupid enough to let that thing hit them deep six times in a row.

"1 mistake can now cost you a match"

... yeah cause one bodycheck hits and you've instantly lost all 3 rounds [​IMG]

Funny that you've seen people spamming it on youtube, pretty sure i've watched every Akira vid that's out there and i've seen it like twice. Fuck the bodycheck anyway, still waiting for someone to enlighten me on what was broken about that last Akira vid....

11. steelbaz

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    Pffft he's ridiculously over-powered, and while body checking wont lose you 3 rounds, it can easily cost you one that you otherwise dominated. I don't like any 50%+ damage moves period. Not worth arguing about until we actually know whether or not VF5FS is leaving Japan (which is doubtful).

12. Ladon

Ladon Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ladon---
    When Akira bodychecks your character, you should lose the match on the spot.

Then that character should be grayed out, and can't be selected again until you restart your hardware.

But seriously guys, the damage isn't much more than what Jeffrey can do with his [6][K] in vanilla. Their mentality in VF5:R was to make everyone very powerful, and use that as their balancing method.

While we have no reason to trust Sega's marketing, I think those of you still arguing about bodycheck should at least have faith in AM2's design decisions. The game still has a lot of fleshing out to do, and there will be future revisions with or without a console release.

13. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    Exactly right and besides that the big frame disadvantage the Akira player be at for having it blocked or missed will make the player think twice about spamming too much seriously. Stop stressing over this 1 move please, there is so much more to Akira then this 1 move come on people get over yourselves [​IMG]

14. MAtteoJHDY

MAtteoJHDY Well-Known Member

When Akira bodychecks your character, your xbox should RROD.

15. MAtteoJHDY

MAtteoJHDY Well-Known Member

seriusly now, I found out a glitch to make VF5 vannilla bodycheck do 120 points damage, stay tuned for the incoming vid.

16. steelbaz

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    hahaha that will be sweet...

17. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Do you know what's gonna happen when bodycheck is blocked?
    120 is the maximum damage so you can't count on that everytime you spam this move. Also bodaycheck was pretty useless in VF5/R, so AM2 decides to add more power and risk on this specific move. Use it or not is your call, AM2 doesn't force you.:)

"One simple mistake can casue you lose the match" has already happened from VF5 and Japanese players are already used to high damage since VF5R which is not a big news anymore.

Look at Akira's hit throw on that video, and I don't know why people worry about bodycheck instead.

For those who still complain about bodycheck, please go try Akira first. You can find the answer by yourself.

18. SicilianVizzini

SicilianVizzini Well-Known Member

Still being new to VF (since VF5) and having only learnt Akira fully, I’ve always felt that the bodycheck wasn’t properly rewarded. Especially given the high risk of using it and the difficulty of getting the timing right to land it.

Whenever I have successfully landed the bodycheck I’ve always wanted to follow with something like [2][K]+[G][K][6][P], but obviously nothing combos off the move, as Akira goes unresponsive until they hit the ground..

Yes 120 of counterhit might seem excessive, but if you instead added the ability to combo of the basic VF5 bodycheck, then ring outs and wall combos might be more effective than 120 and the animation wouldn't look right.

There have been plenty of times when a character (eg Lei Fei) has repeatedly scored big damage against me in a wall combo of a simple quick strike, where I couldn’t evade(because of wall/half wall collision) and was left pinned to take the damage.

This is probably going to change, long before they confirm we are getting a console release, but against triple [P] or [K] characters with many half and full circular attacks, I regularly feel out on a limb with Akira.

19. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any technique, however worthy and desirable, becomes a disease when the mind is obsessed with it.</div></div>

20. JHow77

JHow77 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JHow77
    Or how about Jacky from VF2 - [6][P] (stagger) [P][P][6][K] -> [7][K] -> [8][P]!!!

Ahh those were the days!