1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5:FS at Final Round XV - Atlanta March 2-4 '12

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Shag, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    Here is the second trailer for Final Round XV. Check 1:19 into the vid

I tried to find further info but all I've seen is that Sega is listed as a sponsor on the Final Round website.

http://www.finalround.org/FRXV/index.cfm

2. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Cool. This means more exposure for VF5FS to the American public and that's a good thing.

But with that said, it's only a five week span between now and this event. Ugh... almost, but just not a long enough period for me to plan to go all the way down there to Atlanta while having everything in order.

But if those VF5FS cabinets somehow make their way to Chicago...

Kruza

3. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

Do we know how long the game will be there before and after? Also, how much will we be able to play? I wouldn't see any sense in going if you play and then get off only to wait one hour in line for the next chance.

4. Genesis

Genesis Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Genesis Malakh
    Whaaaat? This is going to be amazing. There is no chance I'm going to miss this.

Straight from the Final Round Twitter feed: "SEGA will bring a playable demo for Virtua Fighter 5 : Final Showdown to be playable all 3 days of [Final Round.]" That's good enough for me. The location itself is part of a hotel, so it's uncertain to doubtful that they'll be there for any extended period of time afterwards.

5. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    definitely trying to go!

6. Stl_Tim

If that's the case then I'll be there. Anyone want to go in on a room let me know? Hope there is a good turnout seeing as we have more time to prepare for this one. Post up!

7. Genesis

XBL:
    Genesis Malakh
    I don't know if I should enter for KOFXIII. I have a feeling I'd do very poorly at any of the tournaments. I've never even played MVC3. I do want to compete in one of them, though, even if Final Showdown is my main reason for needing to attend.

8. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

A playable demo? Does it mean console version?

9. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    It certainly implys that. Good times. The game is actually being released and this isn't an elaborate sega troll. [​IMG]

10. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Sega finally taking pages from Capcoms playbook? This sounds awesome! I wish I could be there.

11. Genesis

XBL:
    Genesis Malakh
    With any luck, this and the California tournament have me optimistic that it will spread throughout the fighting game community. It seems to me that there's something of a revival going on, and I'm excited to see it develop. It strongly depends on these events being major successes. We'll see, I guess.

12. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

I'll be there!

13. Genesis

XBL:
    Genesis Malakh
    I'm gonna need some serious practice, between now and March...

14. Stl_Tim

My lucky day! Can I possibly bother you to return my vf dvd I lent you 8 years ago?

15. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    i hope that since this is a "demo", it is not limited. LOL i don't wanna go there and be able to play only 2 characters. haha

[​IMG] owned

16. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

This is the first thing come out to my mind. You better wish Wolf is unlocked on this demo.

17. Genesis

XBL:
    Genesis Malakh
    I don't think they're going to shortchange us quite to that extent. There will likely be some sort of time or round limit, but I highly doubt it will be limiting on fighter selection.

18. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

LOL! I found them a couple years ago, I'll bring 'em.

19. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

Going to try to hit up Final Round now. Need to taste this game.

20. Genesis

XBL:
    Genesis Malakh
    If anyone's coming down early, hit me up with a PM, and we'll see if we can't meet up or something prior to the event itself. I want to get an idea of what I'll be up against, since, as I said, I'll probably get creamed, if I don't get into a good practise.