1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5:FS at Final Round XV - Atlanta March 2-4 '12

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Shag, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    Shinobi Fist and I are flying down. [​IMG]

I don't see why we can't organize a tourney between ourselves, probably on Sunday if time permits.

2. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    If there is a lot of people who just want to "demo" the game, it may be difficult to convince the Sega reps to allow a tournament on their setups.

3. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    i asked and they said "YOU HAVE TO ASK SEGA" LOLOL no help at all

4. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

game aint out yet. its mostly for promotional purposes. i can see it getting some random stream time for that reason though.

5. 001

001 Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

http://twitter.com/sega

http://www.facebook.com/Sega?ref=ts

http://blogs.sega.com/category/virtua-fighter-5-final-showdown/

never hurts to ask.

the thing i've noticed with sega and this whole vf5fs thing is that you really have to pester them and show them it's worth their while to do things. like the whole southtown arcade tourney series wasn't something they thought of on their own. haunts did alot of work, came up with a proposal, and sega saw the benefit.

anyways, its all just my opinion but i think there could be opportunities. for example, if i was their pr guy and i knew that the former u.s. wcg vf champ and a former top 8 evo finisher was coming i'd use that info to set up interviews to see what you guys thought of the game to create content for the sega blog, maybe setup an exhibition match for the big screen at the event so heads could see what top u.s. experienced players could do with the new game. but pr dude ain't gonna know you're coming unless you guys don't make yourselves heard as much as you can.

my point though, you gotta put the ideas out there whether it's tourney or whatever you want to make it. in fact i think it's good you asked shinblanka about it because you got a solid answer. i know it wasn't the answer you wanted to hear but it saves disappointment for later and puts the idea out there that people are interested in tourney. road to evo event organizers often talk with eachother and it may get suggested at a future event if sega decides to come to another one. but that idea might never have happened if you didn't say anything.

burning hammer. [​IMG]

6. Chief_Flash

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    LOL i guess it's up to me find out -___-

7. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

SEGA is passive to promote VF. I agree with what 001 said, and I don't think you guys would like to spend money and time heading there just for a demo with AK only.

Flash, you better contact with these organizers to figure out it's worth to come or not. 10hrs driving doesn't sound sexy to me.

8. Chief_Flash

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    LOLOL DENNIS IT'S NOT SEXY AT ALL!!!! HAHA

i'll contact the guy at SRK and find out who the sega rep is

9. EmX

EmX Well-Known Member

If Sega is putting in a minimal effort to promote the game pre-release in an era like this then why should I spend $1k+ to travel to play a demo of the game. Or go to a tourney with one setup attended by a few thousand people.

It's just there so the people at FR can try it out and FR can have another marketing tie-in to put on a press release. I understand Sega's intent and it is noble by and large but the existing community in the US could work with Sega if they would work with us.

I still remember the copyright disputes they had with Evo/SRK and Beat Tribe. If we have to navigate that with them again then I won't be putting much money into extras like DLC or whatever.

10. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    You mean "us". [​IMG]

I was planning on contacting Sega myself about the Final Round soiree but I wasn't even sure I was going so I didn't put too much effort.

I've committed into going so I am going to get more involved.

My guess is they are bringing a complete version of the base game without the single player mode embedded names. This game has been in production for well over a year (Trust L_A [​IMG] ) but hopefully we can get some more news soon.

11. Chief_Flash

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    love you shag! [​IMG]

12. Genesis

Genesis Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Genesis Malakh
    That would be pretty rad.

13. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    Prices are going down from NYC to ATL since I've booked. Most airlines cheapest deal is at $230.

14. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

HYPE!!!!!!!!

15. Genesis

XBL:
    Genesis Malakh
    COWABUNGA!

16. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Have we figured out what the deal is with the tournament yet?

17. Genesis

XBL:
    Genesis Malakh
    There isn't a Final Showdown tournament, if that's what you mean. It's free play all weekend in the casuals area. They have a calendar, if you want to know the specific day and times of each tourney.

18. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
  19. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Hmmm... well if no one else is going to ask this, I will.

Will these two reported VF5FS console version setups be hooked up to arcade sticks or regular console controllers?

Kruza

20. Chief_Flash

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    WTF MAN THIS WILL BE A DEMO?!?!!?

2 CHARACTERS PLAYABLE ONLY!?!?!

I DONT WANT TO WASTE MY TRIP!!! [​IMG]