1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5:FS at Final Round XV - Atlanta March 2-4 '12

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Shag, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    Good luck to everyone in Hotlanta getting their spar on in VF5FS this weekend!

Will there be any live streams covering matches played on the VF5FS setups by reps from Sega or anyone else?

Kruza

2. Genesis

Genesis Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Genesis Malakh
    I am pleased with the progress of the first day. We got some great footage and an interview with one of the SEGA reps. I also got my ass handed to me by Chief Flash and others. The only downside was having to leave early to get to work at the radio station. Speaking of, if you guys have a smartphone, install the Live 365 app (or just go to live365.com, if you're on a computer), and tune in to Garage 71 to listen to some classic Heavy Metal and hear me yap about my excitement for this weekend as it's progressed, so far; the show runs every Friday from eight-midnight, Eastern time. I look forward to the remainder of Final Round.

3. Alstein

Alstein Well-Known Member

I think I ran into you, though I didn't get much time with the game. There really isn't a lot of point when you're going to get bodied before you can learn any moves or changes.

That said, Sega folks are class, game does look awesome, and I am dead tired. Ended up playing lotsa Arcana and KOF this evening.

KOF was good practice for tomorrow.

4. Genesis

XBL:
    Genesis Malakh
    They are really nice and approachable, which is great for interview quality. I wouldn't doubt that you ran into me. I pretty much stayed glued to the Final Showdown area, and with my long hair, old-school VF tee and the camera and audio equipment my buddy Brain and I are lugging around, I'm hard to miss.

5. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Impressions from Chief_Flash on the ShoutBox:

Chief_Flash: I JUST CAME BACK FROM PLAYING FS 12 HRS NON STOP!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]
    Myke: lol
    Tha_FeauchA: you act like we're tryin to hear ya
    Myke: post up your impressions flash
    Tha_FeauchA: nevermind, I think all the !!!!!!!! says it
    Myke: well, it is a "fighting" game, no?
    Myke: i have no problem with that
    Chief_Flash: no myke lol like throwing is almost forgotten because attack is so emphasized. also myke wolfs throw got nerfed big time. burning hammer is useless. because of its slow exe people can react accordingly and even escape it because of its unique animation
    Chief_Flash: the game is fucking awesome though. ill post up my impression later. im dead tired.
    Myke: alrighty man
    Chief_Flash: its definitely just as fun as ver c but in its own way.
    Myke: that must have been your longest, most coherent, shout EVER, btw
    Chief_Flash: FS DEF FEELS FASTER THAN VER C
    Chief_Flash: the overall pace is FAST. forces you to think quicker, and attack smarter. setting up throw is a chore but worth the effort
    Myke: awesome, sounds like how I remembered it
    Chief_Flash: we finished a tournament tonight. brackets will be posted up soon. akmaal placed 1st, my friend Yummy dango 2nd, and i 3rd..lol i went to winners final undefeated only to lose to akmaal and yummy in losers final
    Myke: nice! any footage?
    Chief_Flash: another tournament tomorrow. sega gave away akira shirts to top 4 players
    Myke: who placed 4th?
    Chief_Flash: sega did not want me to record the tournament but i have footage of casuals, venue, etc. all of which ill compile later this week. more recording tomorroe
    Chief_Flash: shirt placed 4th. dango used sarah and ak used lei
    Myke: VA represent
    Myke: did anyone from nyc go?
    AnimalStaccato: Jelly, I want an Akira shirt!
    Chief_Flash: shag, akmaal, and shinobifist
    Chief_Flash: terry bogus placed 5th, and chefboy placed 6th
    Chief_Flash: shag tied 5th with bogus
    Chief_Flash: va all day! haha but akmaals offense was too much to handle. lol im sure we will get better. it is afterall only our 1st day. oh and myke, TE is very precise. buffer window is tighter
    Myke: sounds like you had a lot of fun!
    Chief_Flash: man i didnt think VF could look any better myke. FS is amazing to look at. the movement is smooth and animations are superb!!!!
    Chief_Flash: buffer window is tighter for buffering moves and TE
    Chief_Flash: some times i wake up to buffer something but nothing comes out
    Chief_Flash: kinda frustrating but it just calls for precision. training mode will teach players all fundamentals. i asked about record option but sega rep did not want to answer. frame data will be available in the dojo
    Chief_Flash: lol someone copy and paste this on the final round thread. im chatting my phone

6. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
  7. Genesis

XBL:
    Genesis Malakh
    Improvement. I am feeling it. I performed much better the second day, and I'm really getting the hang of stick play. Still lost our little tourney, but it's not like I didn't see that coming.

8. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    Not speaking out of bias or anything, but this SEEMS definitely like more of a game to cater to Akmaal and Denkai's quicker playstyle. Hope no one minds me saying that lol

9. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
  10. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

Not Really Cozby... What are you talking about Son. We all will get busy to this when it drops. Don't mistake Quicker for aggressive.

11. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    i've never felt so sad about leaving a venue before [​IMG]

now the long wait starts...again

12. Genesis

XBL:
    Genesis Malakh
    Yeah, it was kinda weird seeing the SEGA reps off with their equipment and junk. Even after we got back, it took me a sec to realise that it won't be until Summer that I'll be able to play it again. I'm definitely loving it. The game, that is, not the wait for it.

13. CIDKID

CIDKID Well-Known Member

You can't blame the man for speaking the truth...preach on Cozby.

14. SDS_Overfiend1

Your Right Akmaal.. I was trying to Hide the Fact he's Scared Shitless Right now.

15. CIDKID

CIDKID Well-Known Member

My thoughts on VF5FS

This version seems to be balance to the point where every character has a fighting chance…of course you have to put in time and effort for you to have a fighting chance. The Characters I’ve played with so far are Lei Fei, El Blaze, Jacky, Sarah, Brad and Taka.

For Lei Fei players it will take a few months getting use to some of his changes, he’s not as masher friendly like he was in vanilla so this time around you really have to know what you’re doing otherwise you’ll lose before the match in even starts. Also 2p kills Lei in his new stance for some reason.

El Blaze seems so easy to play with from the start, he’s BnB combos were very easy to grasp…and mind you I only used him for 20 min or so. El Blaze players will have a lot of with him; I for one can’t wait to play with him again.

As for Jacky, Sarah and Brad players…put it like this you’ll be in dojo for a long time trying to re-learn your character because they’re so different from vanilla (So in hindsight doesn’t make sense to play VF5 anymore).

As of right now I have no problems with game. It’s an entirely new game where everyone in the VF community have to train from the ground up which means everyone is at the same level right now and it’s open for new blood to make a name for themselves.

16. nou

nou Well-Known Member

You all complaining about the long wait, just be thankful you didn't play this last Aug. with no time to hit tourneys where it will be shown.

Feel the same way about El Blaze but for those picking him up for this game and still have ver.C, it would be a good plan to brush up on his mix-ups now, because in FS he has a solid foundation, whereas before he was mostly gimmicks. He's really immense in this one.

17. SDS_Overfiend1

Defense is Still number 1 in my Book.. You can have the simplest offense but as long as your D is correct you can still shorten the learning curve for the newest installment.

18. VFnumbers

VFnumbers Well-Known Member Content Manager Lei

PSN:
    VFnumbers
    XBL:
    VFnumbers
    Can leifei transition from kyo stance to doku stance similiar in a way ura nehan to doku in vanilla? If so that could neutralize the 2p at slight disadvantage.

19. CIDKID

CIDKID Well-Known Member

kyo stance to doku stance works but it's a little too inconsistent at the moment...It might by due to my slow reaction speed or it could be that the new 2p animation is faster, it's hard to tell right now.

20. Shidosha

Shidosha Well-Known Member

PSN:
    I_Am_Shidosha
    XBL:
    Ur Not Shidosha
    heres some final round footage of the console build
    Some info i got wrong:
    Ekans= Yummy Dango, NOT Akira Zero
    Cidkid plays Blaze, Lei, and EILEEN - not vanessa
    NOS had me tripping. my bad