1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5:FS demo at Final Round this weekend

Discussion in 'News' started by Shag, Mar 1, 2012.

By Shag on Mar 1, 2012 at 11:50 AM
  1. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    [​IMG] Sega is debuting the first look of the console version of Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown at Final Round XV this weekend in Atlanta starting Friday, March 2.

Sega will have two console setups featuring the upcoming release for PSN & XBLA available to play for all three days at the tournament. The setups will only have offline Versus mode.

I will be there and do my best to report.

You can read more of the discussion on the Final Round tournament thread located here.
    VF5:FS at Final Round XV - Atlanta March 2-4 '12

Update:VF5FS Exhibition match stream is over! At the 6h30m mark within the [​IMG]Final Round archive video is where the VF5FS exhibition begins.​

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Shag, Mar 1, 2012.

1. pointers
      pointers
      is there a way to make front page news with RSS feed enabled?
    2. akai
      akai
      Incident (twitter account - GarciaINCIDENT) is planning to tweet live his experience at the event.
    3. akai
      akai
      [​IMG]

And Final Showdown in Atlanta begins!

According to Chief Flash through VFDC shoutbox, they are working on a tournament/exhibition match to be streamed on Saturday.
    4. Grabczas
      Grabczas
      Whoever is on place. Ask them is there any chance we will be able to download this demo [​IMG]
    5. JKS
      JKS
      can you change BGM when fight begin?
      (vf1 vf2 vf3 vf4 vf5 vf5r vf5fs)

how many type can you choose when you select character?
      (only type A and B? or C and D and S?)

VERY THANKS for your information~~>_<""
    6. akai
      akai
      "VF FS button checks are gdlk; after you set buttons, you can test inputs with display before selecting character" - botoggle on twitter
    7. Dennis0201
      Dennis0201
      Can anyone check this BGM for me?
      http://blog.livedoor.jp/remsy/archives/51222489.html

During the loading, hold start and 4,8,2,6 each direction to switch the BGM.
    8. spyder0080
      spyder0080
      Glad you were able to go!

Since this is a XBLA/PSN game, how are the graphics? Are they at least as detailed as vanilla?

Were there any pre-loaded profiles with customizations that you can check out?

what sticks are being used for both systems?

Is there going to be a tournament or just causals? Any idea if it's being streamed anywhere?

Thanks
    9. Shag
      Shag
      Day 1
      [​IMG]

Sega came through! They had two setups, one on X360, the other on PS3. Both systems had Asus monitors and two Hori RAP's. They had banners with Taka & Jean. Sega had two reps and they were really helpful (but wouldn't talk about release date or DLC) We convinced them to run a free tournament; top 4 received Final Showdown shirts. (Think I got 5th [​IMG] )

18 players (Bracket was run by on challonge.com, can't find the page [​IMG] )

1. CIDKID (LE)
      2. Ekans (Dango/ Yummy Cookies) (SA)
      3. Chief Flash (WO)
      4. Shirt (PA)

Sega reps plan to have an exhibiton/ mini tourney on the official Final Round stream tomorrow (twitch.tv/teamsp00ky)

Console edition update

All of the FS stages were available. We don't know if previous stages (VF5, VF5:R) are present. The venue was too loud so we couldn't hear the music. Characters had default A/B costumes.

Control setup is the best. It has multiple presets plus custom button setup also you can check inputs. Pause screen you can bring up character command list.

Players thoughts

The biggest problem players faced is the new system properties and character changes. This game is not vanilla VF5. Speaking for myself I'll have to spend quite some time to get used to the new changes.
    10. Brisal73
      Brisal73
      Can someone ask SEGA if a PC version is planned?

Thanks
    11. Xzyx987X
      Xzyx987X
      That's actually a pretty good question. Sega has always been better about doing PC ports of their games than any other major Japanese publisher I can think of. The only thing is, releasing Final Showdown is already a big risk for them, and having to do netplay outside of PSN/XBL might complicate the porting process. Still, it couldn't hurt to ask. I'd definitely double dip on the PC if it was an option. I'm not a big fan of paying Microsoft $50 every year just to play VF online.
    12. JKS
      JKS
      Very Thanks for console information~ [​IMG]
    13. BLACKLAC
      BLACKLAC
    14. JHow77
      JHow77
      CIDKID I can't wait till you're back online. You've been hiding way too long!
    15. DRE
      DRE
      The character select button check is a great idea! My main concern about this game is how detailed the training/tutorial mode will be.

Have they announced which players' names will be put into the game yet? It's cool that they're doing this again.
    16. Rodnutz
      Rodnutz
      Nice report Shag I can't wait for day 2. Please if you can find out what time the VF stream will be and post it that would be greatly appreciated.

I can't sit in front of the computer all day because it's my niece birthday and she been calling me since yesterday hahahaha... "uncle Rodney don't forget what tomorrow is. You better be here." [​IMG] love my baby girl so much
    17. Shag
      Shag
    18. akai
      akai
      Chief_Flash on shoutbox --> The console version is currently Version A-Revision 1 (the same version that is currently being played at Japan). The South Town Arcade cabinets were Version A.

For those not familiar with US time --> the original post or the front page has countdown timers (don't need to know time zones).
    19. THE_WALL
      THE_WALL
      We need some Jacky YEAAHHH!!!!!! shout outs during the stream. The more enthusiasm the better, it's all about hype and having our game on the stage!