1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5:FS in Yakuza 6: any secrets?

Discussion in 'Console' started by faster 10 lightning, Jun 24, 2018.

1. faster 10 lightning

faster 10 lightning Well-Known Member

I'm playing Yakuza 6 on Playstation 4 and it include VF5:FS, very nice graphical improvement over the 360/PS3 version with the 1080p resolution and the image ghosting finally gone.

Too bad that character customization is gone too, it's a basic version after all.

Anyone tried this version?
    Anyone know if it include any secret like (i Know it's unlikely) VF5 R stage selectable or the Dural Space stage?

2. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    no way on the stages, but try holding start+any direction on the loading screen before a match. i haven't tried this on ps4, but in the arcade version you'll hear a character yell, and an old song will play. for example, down+start will play VF3 songs. you have to hold for a few seconds

3. faster 10 lightning

Thanks I'll try and I'll let you know
    So even the arcade version had the old songs, I thought it was a feature only for the 360/ps3 version.

beanboy and MadeManG74 like this.
  4. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    as far as i can tell:
    up = vf1
    right = vf2
    down = vf3
    left = vf4

MadeManG74 likes this.
  5. faster 10 lightning

tested and unfortunately it doesn't work in Yakuza 6.

I'l lcontinue to investigate if there are some secret in this version, I hope they didn't removed everything.

6. Jotamide

Jotamide Well-Known Member

smbhax and nou like this.
  7. nou

nou Well-Known Member

To piggy back off the abovethis posted at another site Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown Unlocker for Yakuza 6 and Yakuza: Like a Dragon | Silent’s Blog (cookieplmonster.github.io) :

Every modern Yakuza game has arcade machines with real games from SEGA. In the case of Yakuza 6 and Yakuza: Like a Dragon, one of the games the player can play is a full arcade version of Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown.

There is more to it, however. While working on a different project (mentioned below) and looking around the Yakuza 6 version of the game’s code, I noticed a… single flag that was named rather promising. Thanks to Yakuza: Like a Dragon briefly shipping on Steam with debug symbols, I knew exactly what this flag was named:

g_is_arcade_mode = g_game_config.game_mode != 0;

According to the game’s code, Yakuza 6 (and Yakuza: LAD) usually uses mode 1 when booting games from within Club SEGA and mode 2 when booting a 2p game from the main menu. Mode 0 is inaccessible from the vanilla game, but what does it do when activated?

Turns out it does more than anyone had expected – it activates a complete, nearly fully working console version of the game!

A few interesting insights:

• The game appears to be based upon the Xbox 360 port, with references to Xbox LIVE left in the menus.
    • Unlike the console ports, this version of the game has a fully functional Exit Game option.
    • The game does not contain any DLC data, attempting to force unlock them softlocks the game.
    This discovery got people hyped (as evidenced by the amount of engagement on the tweet), so I couldn’t leave it at the mercy of another project of mine that might or might not work. Since it’s a single byte change, I went ahead and created a small plugin for Yakuza 6 and Yakuza: LAD, changing the mode used by arcade machines from 1 to 0. With a single flag change, you now can play the full console version from inside Club SEGA!

:ninja:

smbhax likes this.
  8. Jotamide

Jotamide Well-Known Member

smbhax likes this.
  9. faster 10 lightning

do you know if it still includes OST from other VF (like VF1, 2, 3 etc.) or they removed as well together with DLC?

smbhax likes this.
  10. LegendaryHero90

LegendaryHero90 Well-Known Member

I've tried mode 0 on yakuza 6 with steam and it definitely works. All ost options from the console version is there in options menu.

It's pretty unreal. I bet that if someone is dedicated enough with reverse engineering the game, we can even get online play to work.

Sadly though, there are some weird things in this port that seems incomplete. It makes me wonder if this was some beta build they ported with yakuza 6. Lettering and words are all cut off and strangely spaced. Localization doesn't seem complete. The license challenge mode for example has incomplete objective/ mission text. Command practice mode just gives me a weird empty text box even though the command list itself is viewable in the pause menu. Online play with Xbox live obviously doesn't work. And the dlc customization is obviously missing and I doubt the dlc files are with the game because the console version had the base game and the dlc as separate files back on the ps3 and xbox360.

What's cool though is that dural is 100% playable. You just need to run through arcade mode once to get her even if you end up losing to her at the end. Practice mode and license challenge all work but with no saving, your progress will reset if you leave the vf5 minigame.

It's super weird. Vf5 mode 0 in yakuza 6 is practically a complete port barring some texts and console functionality. I wonder why they never brought this out to steam as a standalone.

smbhax and Dz_Maleo like this.
  11. Dz_Maleo

Dz_Maleo New Member

So everybody got empty text box in the command practice? I thought my game was error.

smbhax likes this.