1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5:FS Location Test Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Reno, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Hazzerone

Hazzerone Well-Known Member

Re: VF5:FS Location Test Impressions

That kick after Kage's 3K definitely looks high.

2. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

It is high seen it in one of the vids with move/frame data.

3. Reno

Reno Well-Known Member

Sarah vs. Goh

This goh has already broken through to the shogo ranks, and he has the first title, Renshi... I've been reading that it's easier to rank up now but I didn't think it'd be this easy...

http://zoome.jp/ninjapapa/diary/53

4. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal

Im now officially liking FS. (I hope that gets them to publish it to consoles)

Im still sore about removal of FLA P and FLA K but Sarah looks nice regardless.

5. 124

124 Well-Known Member

Yeah! I wished that too... For it to be available in Console also here in the Philippines(If ever it's available in console)!! Wish they would release this!

6. vf4akira

vf4akira Well-Known Member

More vids.

Wolf vs Akira

Akira vs Sarah

Been trying to come up with some combos. After backstep transition P (crumble on hit) I was able to get P+K, 214P (bounce), dragon lance. Looks pretty ridiculous actually. Probably won't get to play again until this weekend, so I'll be trying out more stuff then.

You can choose between showing your record from only FS or from the total of VF5+R+FS. It was the same when R came out. You can also check your record for the individual versions.

7. jinxhand

jinxhand Well-Known Member

That Sarah vs Vanessa match was nice to see... For the most part, I'm liking the changes that were made. The game seems more open in terms of what you can do without being too over-the-top. That new trailer with the Lau vs Pai round was pretty flashy.

It would've been great if Sega pulled a Capcom and allowed us to playtest the game at major events, even if we had to wait awhile to do it... And post those trailers on other sites to attract those outside of Japan (especially ones with El Blaze and his colorful saliva)...

8. Lucky_GT

Lucky_GT Well-Known Member

9. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

Couldn't Shun do that in R?

10. MDSPrime

MDSPrime Grappler & Part time Ninja

XBL:
    Pilchard LoveR
    Great vid, im loving this game already it just keeps getting better, lovin' the Vanessa bikini vid too nice touch, if only sega could do something about the music in this game I know it's only a superficial issue but its annoyingly bad, I hope sega take the soundtrack into consideration before porting FS

11. LostCloud

LostCloud Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Lost_Cloud_VF
    XBL:
    Lost Cloud86
  12. Reno

Reno Well-Known Member

As I've been super super busy the past few days, and now that the location test is officially over (the game will still be in Shinjuku until the official release), I have unlocked the video thread, and will be moving it to the Media section. Please add any video links to that thread, thanks.

13. Reno

Reno Well-Known Member

14. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Thanks for the updates Reno. I'm loving the new moves, but not the sound effects so much. Overall the game looks great!

15. Kazego

Kazego Active Member

I've just noticed, seeing the number of VF5FS trailers released compared to VF5R(1 teaser, 1 Jean&Taka introduction and the rest are just minor features/events etc.) I get a feeling that Sega is gradually building up the hype & will eventually announce it for consoles in TGS'2010 *is in high hopes mode*.

Thanks for the updates Reno! keep them coming!

16. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    U know, I was thinking the same thing....

17. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    David,

thanks for the Akira info & vids

does it seem like the classic Shin I'ha gone?

Have you figured out the command for that other throw I've seen in a few vids (Koedo does it) that looks like old 46P+G startup, but then he slams them down?

18. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

I'll second this, the vids & info were really helpful don't think I would have understood most of his changes otherwise.

The matches posted were pretty fun to watch too, cheers vf4akira [​IMG]

19. Emerald_Wolf

Emerald_Wolf Well-Known Member

I was thinkin' this too.

20. jinxhand

jinxhand Well-Known Member

Alot of FS info is getting put out on iplaywinner.com also... It would still be nice if a test demo showed up mysteriously at EVO or some other major tournament... We can only wait and see...

Will D.K. respond to those fans outside of Japan???